Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

I don't expect any sort of announcement any time soon - but I'm more than willing to be surprised.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

enumbs wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:56 pm
TwinsPeak wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:45 pm I'm honestly trying to stop talking about this but the titles of threads aren't the hard rule. This has been discussed many times over, on many disagreements like this one over the years. The website has a rule for this stuff. People can talk about the things you find boring even in the threads you feel they don't belong.

just like this convo I'm having with you...unwanted, but its going in this thread regardless of the title. You, me other people have posted things off topic in this thread.

its not my rule. but its the rule because we all go off topic.

I hope you have a good evening.
I've explained on the previous page how I think the guessing game nature of these digressions distinguishes them from more natural drifts in the conversation.
I understand you and some others feel that way. But what you aren't understanding Is it doesn't matter that you feel that way. I feel that when you post in this thread about race and the things you wrote i don't wish to repeat.

If you haven't noticed some of us enjoy the clues and the guessing. I feel when you exclude Mordeen talks that its you that's distinguishing the natural drifts.

Maybe everyone should decide who gets to post where...Should i start assigning people threads?

its like people being upset in the spoiler thread...get out of the thread then..don't read it if you're not enjoying it.

Again I don't want to argue with you or have anger with you. these discussions can seem like i'm angry when I'm not. I just don't think its nice to Mordeen or to any of us involved in the Mordeen talk.

lets just agree to disagree and never talk of this again.

I'm gonna go smoke some weed now, tomorrow I look forward guessing more riddles...you can read it or not.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Read back a couple of 100 pages and see Jerry says it's A-OK to go severely off topic. Not that I think of Mordeen's posts as off topic.. anyway
enumbs wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:24 pm You talk as though your opinion is the objectively “fair” one, but it isn’t. This is a thread for discussing the possibility of season 4, not for solving one user’s cryptic crossword in which the solutions are as nebulous as the riddles.
I am sensing something contradictory here. You can't just accuse someone else of talking what's 'objectively fair' and then one sentence later make a claim for the supposed content of this thread.

You know what, I'll quote the OP. Because imo in phpbb unwritten etiquette, the thread starter should be the stakeholder.
PeteMartell wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:33 am What do you think? Lots of shows have more than 3 seasons. Do you think Lynch and Frost will keep twin peaks going after this? I, personally, would LOVE it if they would. I'm sure there are a lot of opinions about whether they should or shouldn't...just wondering if anyone has heard anything about their plans for the future?
Seems like a nice fella. And reading back some of his posts he's into ancient aliens. I bet he'd love Mordeen's riddles.

[in order to not set some non computer nerd astray, phpbb means Hypertext Preprocessor bulletin board, which is the forum we're on.
Last edited by Soolsma on Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Oh and btw. I have lots of faith. It not appearing in PW, canthaveit being clueless and even Mordeen seemingly negative, all those debbie downer things I took as a sign of the production team being aware of leaks and preventing them even further because in fact IT IS HAPPENING.. (tp or not)

Next week sounds great. Can't wait 8)
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

I think if something is indeed happening (especially as soon as next week) it would behoove them to make at least the most bare-bones "this is happening" announcement to ease up some of the baseless fan speculation. If there's a press release that a new Netflix series is in the works and is going into production in 2021, etc. then it should, at least theoretically, put to bed the reddit "insiders" trying to give fellow fans the tiniest nugget of a leak for attention or the long twitter threads disseminating every single IG post, etc. I think most of this stuff is just coming out of fans trying to read the tea leaves to see if anything is indeed actually happening, not trying to eke out major plot spoilers. Like I said on another page a while back, once there's something actually confirmed to be in production and it's official that the pandemic didn't entirely derail whatever this is/was then I'll personally be more than satisfied. I won't really be in the market for further leaks or on set photo snaps of this cast member or that cast member, etc. But I know that once those floodgates are open there's nothing stopping the more eager fans from staking out production locations or leaking plot details, etc. So I can see why they are hesitant.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Histeria wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:53 pm
Mr. Reindeer wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:47 pm
TwinsPeak wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:09 pm

You continue to be rude. Everyone has already said Mordeen is welcome on this thread. More welcome than most. Mordeen has Arbogast status.
I’ll just add my voice to say that I find the endless pages of speculation about riddles that ultimately lead to vague, arguably meaningless “clues” exhausting, to the point where I’ve basically given up on reading this thread beyond a brief skim here and there. And I respectfully disagree that Mordeen has Arbogast status, because Arbogast provided tangible straightforward information.

Not suggesting either way whether or not a new thread needs to be started or whatever. Obviously a lot of people enjoy this stuff, so fine. But not everyone is into it.

That’s my piece.
What hadn't been straightforward? Almost all of them have been clarified and right guesses have been confirmed.

What did you expect, a shot list?
I don’t want to keep talking about this either, but I feel the need to clarify what I meant. It’s not the ciphers (or whatever) themselves I was referring to in my post. What I meant is that the clues themselves, even once decoded, are vague and meaningless, almost like a horoscope that can apply to anyone (“You will experience change today”). It’s just random phrases that can be interpreted and debated any which way like a Rorschach test, and that leads to more endless pages of baseless speculation. The only solid pieces of information I can recall coming out of all this is that something is happening, it may take place partly in the 1950s, and now maybe something isn’t happening (which Brad said ages ago, in much more direct fashion, and people shit on him for it). I just see no real upside to pages and pages of trying to interpret vague phrases and quotes from the show.

Again, no offense meant to those who enjoy such things. I’ve avoided commenting up until now (I think). But I felt the need to respond to your comment that “Everyone has already said Mordeen is welcome on this thread.” Several people don’t love the direction that the thread has taken, and I felt the need to point out that “everyone” is a bit of an overstatement.

Which is not to say the Mordeen is unwelcome or that I want to police the board or this thread. Just that not “everyone” is thrilled with the games which amount to no real info ultimately and take up so much space.

I’ll also admit that I was one of the people who voted for threads to be permitted to go off topic back when the board was super slow and Jerry asked. So call me a hypocrite. Again, not saying I need this stuff in a different thread or whatever. Just felt the need to voice my opinion that it bores me and several others, to contradict your “everyone” generalization.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

I just saw this and I’m not sure if this is actually something of note. On Sabrina’s post a couple days ago, behind a drawing that David made you can see what looks like dialogue for a script in the top left corner.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ30MYfsoix ... =copy_link
"Jade give two rides."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

There had to be a reason that Sabrina has created an account suddenly and has Ben promoting/posting Lynch and Twin peaks work.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

DougieJones wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:09 pm I just saw this and I’m not sure if this is actually something of note. On Sabrina’s post a couple days ago, behind a drawing that David made you can see what looks like dialogue for a script in the top left corner.

it appears to say "go get them"

looks like courier font, and the way it's maybe centered, would imply it's dialogue in a script, I concur.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

krishnanspace wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:14 pm There had to be a reason that Sabrina has created an account suddenly and has Ben promoting/posting Lynch and Twin peaks work.
It could be just going down memory lane and wanting to share photos she had. social media is largely a waste of time and has no point, but lots of us partake in it..
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

from the Weekend Project post..
Attachments
gogetthem.jpg
gogetthem.jpg (19.52 KiB) Viewed 252591 times
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:33 pm The only solid pieces of information I can recall coming out of all this is that something is happening, it may take place partly in the 1950s, and now maybe something isn’t happening (which Brad said ages ago, in much more direct fashion, and people shit on him for it).
And the 1950s thing was already posted on Reddit.
I've said it before, but is there any real indication that Mordeen knows anything about this particular production?
A lot of his posts seem more like meta-commentary about this thread.
eraserJoe

Post by eraserJoe »

DougieJones wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:09 pm I just saw this and I’m not sure if this is actually something of note. On Sabrina’s post a couple days ago, behind a drawing that David made you can see what looks like dialogue for a script in the top left corner.

“Damn! This sounds like dialogue from our script!”

Just reminded me of that great moment in Inland Empire
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:18 pm

it appears to say "go get them"

looks like courier font, and the way it's maybe centered, would imply it's dialogue in a script, I concur.
JackwithOneEye wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:24 pm from the Weekend Project post..
Just putting this all together so everyone can see it. I think we might actually have found something here people. It’s definitely dialogue in a script but the question is whether or not it’s from an old one or a Season 4
"Jade give two rides."
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

I just searched through the scripts for Inland Empire, Wild at Heart, Blue Velvet, Lost Highway, and Mulholland Drive. None of them have the line “go get them”.
"Jade give two rides."