Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by TwinsPeak »

DougieJones wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:05 pm
Jonah wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:01 pm I hope the owls aren't leaving Twin Peaks. They should continue to circle above the town.
If the acronym is correct I think it means that the owls are leaving twin peaks with messages like the reddit posts and Sabrina comments today.

On second thought I think it could be “The Owls Always Like To Please” meaning that this is all disinformation
I think you got it DougieJones "The owls are leaving Twin Peaks" sounds right to me....maybe MacLachlan, Dern related....but not sure if it explains "the owls are not what they seem" part...that could be the disinformation. Don't believe everything.

So, the message might be saying don't believe any new rumors of the project happening because its not happening the stars have left for other movies. its done...

Mordeen saying owls can be snakes hiding as owls makes me wonder what that's all about.

I hope I'm wrong about the project being done part of Mordeen's message. I would think there has to be a chance still.

I much preferred Mordeen's POC posts....I think at one point he even said its happening. But things change and that was a long time ago.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Firewalkwithme91
Roadhouse Member

Post by Firewalkwithme91 »

Looks like the fucks are at it again.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

TwinsPeak wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:57 pm
DougieJones wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:05 pm
Jonah wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:01 pm I hope the owls aren't leaving Twin Peaks. They should continue to circle above the town.
If the acronym is correct I think it means that the owls are leaving twin peaks with messages like the reddit posts and Sabrina comments today.

On second thought I think it could be “The Owls Always Like To Please” meaning that this is all disinformation
I think you got it DougieJones "The owls are leaving Twin Peaks" sounds right to me....maybe MacLachlan, Dern related....but not sure if it explains "the owls are not what they seem" part...that could be the disinformation. Don't believe everything.

So, the message might be saying don't believe any new rumors of the project happening because its not happening the stars have left for other movies. its done...

Mordeen saying owls can be snakes hiding as owls makes me wonder what that's all about.

I hope I'm wrong about the project being done part of Mordeen's message. I would think there has to be a chance still.

I much preferred Mordeen's POC posts....I think at one point he even said its happening. But things change and that was a long time ago.
I took Mordeen’s latest post as something more positive. Considering the rumors and whatnot from today I think Mordeen would’ve told us not to believe it more explicitly as in the past but I’m not them so I have no clue! “The Owls Are Leaving Twin Peaks” to me is the Lynch Camp is purposely sending out messages to everyone and they’re letting us know that it’s indeed happening again without breaking NDAs and an official announcement. Purposely doing it in an ambiguous way that leaves it not a 100% guaranteed thing. *takes off tinfoil hat*
"Jade give two rides."
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

To prevents this thread from getting overly focussed on everything one poster says, I’ve made a separate thread where people can discuss their cryptic posts.

http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 98#p130298
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

enumbs wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:58 pm To prevents this thread from getting overly focussed on everything one poster says, I’ve made a separate thread where people can discuss their cryptic posts.

You continue to be rude. Everyone has already said Mordeen is welcome on this thread. More welcome than most. Mordeen has Arbogast status.

Enumbs weren't you involved in the whole race talks on here????? how bout you make a thread for yourself instead of for others.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

I’m not suggesting Mordeen can’t post here. I just noticed that whenever he posts anything it leads to a long guessing game that clogs up the thread. As the clues are so vague they can usually be interpreted in totally opposing ways, I thought it made sense to move that particular activity somewhere else.
Birds in Hell

Post by Birds in Hell »

How ridiculous.

Keep it in this thread, where it belongs.

Some people around here sure have a way of making others (including those making valued contributions) feel unwelcome.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

enumbs wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:16 pm I’m not suggesting Mordeen can’t post here. I just noticed that whenever he posts anything it leads to a long guessing game that clogs up the thread. As the clues are so vague they can usually be interpreted in totally opposing ways, I thought it made sense to move that particular activity somewhere else.

I don't believe that. You've already tried to have Mordeen talks halted. They remain. and you try again.

Other people have already said to you before that's its not clogging up the thread. and now this...

Last time I think you even called him names...

Its not the Mordeen talk that needs to take a hike.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

TwinsPeak wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:09 pm
enumbs wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:58 pm To prevents this thread from getting overly focussed on everything one poster says, I’ve made a separate thread where people can discuss their cryptic posts.

You continue to be rude. Everyone has already said Mordeen is welcome on this thread. More welcome than most. Mordeen has Arbogast status.
I’ll just add my voice to say that I find the endless pages of speculation about riddles that ultimately lead to vague, arguably meaningless “clues” exhausting, to the point where I’ve basically given up on reading this thread beyond a brief skim here and there. And I respectfully disagree that Mordeen has Arbogast status, because Arbogast provided tangible straightforward information.

Not suggesting either way whether or not a new thread needs to be started or whatever. Obviously a lot of people enjoy this stuff, so fine. But not everyone is into it.

That’s my piece.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

The reddit post that started this all off today has now been deleted. Presumably because half of the people in the replies were saying you probably got your friend fired. Now I’m leaning towards this post was in fact legitimate

The original post that’s talked about above:

https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 73764?s=21
"Jade give two rides."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:47 pm

I’ll just add my voice to say that I find the endless pages of speculation about riddles that ultimately lead to vague, arguably meaningless “clues” exhausting, to the point where I’ve basically given up on reading this thread beyond a brief skim here and there. And I respectfully disagree that Mordeen has Arbogast status, because Arbogast provided tangible straightforward information.

Not suggesting either way whether or not a new thread needs to be started or whatever. Obviously a lot of people enjoy this stuff, so fine. But not everyone is into it.

That’s my piece.
What hadn't been straightforward? Almost all of them have been clarified and right guesses have been confirmed.

What did you expect, a shot list?
Pinky
RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

That’s my piece.
same here
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I'm fine with all Mordeen's posts but I can understand some people getting frustrated. I don't think they're getting frustrated with Mordeen's actual posts, but rather when the thread goes down the paths of interpreting the posts for many pages. So I don't think anyone's suggesting Mordeen stops posting on here (I hope he doesn't) but just that the interpretation is maybe moved to another thread. I'm fine with it being kept here, but I think that's all that's being suggested. I even got frustrated with the interpretations myself a couple of times (especially back when I thought we were doing anagrams) and I did also find the answers then very anticlimatic, but I think that's because people made them out to be more complicated than they were.

Having said that, though, a thread of this length will often derail into other topics periodically - it's happened many times, and people rarely create a new thread each time that happens, instead the conversation usually just runs its course until it gets back on track. So if we have a rule that the interpretations of Mordeen's posts have to go to another thread, we should probably have the same rule every time the thread derails into discussing Inland Empire being remastered or Mulholland Drive special features or what have you. I know the difference there is Mordeen's posts are semi-regular and periodic whereas those derailments might be less frequent, but arguably they're more off-topic as Mordeen's posts do relate to what is being discussed here, even when they're more arbitrary, and the other discussions are often completely irrelevant.
Last edited by Jonah on Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

That’s my piece.
I find other people posts exhausting too.

I mean't he has Arbogast status as in he has proven before to have inside info. The way they talk is different.

This thread might not be for everyone. Like a spoiler thread.

if you find it clogged or endless or meaningless, go to another thread.

You guys can't decide what and where we talk. Just like I can't for you. Supposedly the rule for this website is... anyone can discuss anything in any thread because its too difficult having everyone say you should post here instead. Conversations go in different directions.

if Mr Reindeer posted something on this site that i thought was long winded or not some big revelation. If then I said to them hey post that in a different thread, because I find it exhausting. That would be rude of me.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

I think the difference with Mordeen’s posts is that they actually shut down real conversation in order to exclusively focus people’s attention on him.

If he said “I can’t reveal specifics, but prospects for the new show are more positively than they currently appear” then that would be substantive enough to further the conversation.

Instead we get something like “toanwts”, which causes people to spend ages proposing possible acronyms before someone figures out it probably means “the owls are not what they seem”, which is of course vague enough that it generates even more fruitless debate on what that could possibly signify. It just seems quite self-serving to me.