Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mtwentz
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by mtwentz »

I will confess in The Last Jedi there were a few Lynchian moments that made me take notice. I loved how expectations were subverted. I just really did not give it much of my attention because it’s...Star Wars.

But the one before it was a godawful ripoff of the original.

And I couldn’t make it past the opening scene of the final year installment.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:04 am
Agent Earle wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:32 am Yeah we're not getting anything from Lynch. Except maybe a spanking new version of Inland Empire on this or that high-def format, a weather report/special number vid and an occasional "having fun" post/"hint" from his inner circle of acquaintances.
Great insights!
You're welcome!
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

btl_21.jpg
btl_21.jpg (63.93 KiB) Viewed 15356 times
- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

"The only things we are working on right now are our YouTube channel and David's art."

This is exactly what I mean by constructive ambiguity. Sabrina has referred to DKL's films/TV his "art" on many, many occasions. It's worded in such a precise way that it would have been far easier to be less ambiguous.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Histeria wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:12 pm "The only things we are working on right now are our YouTube channel and David's art."

This is exactly what I mean by constructive ambiguity. Sabrina has referred to DKL's films/TV his "art" on many, many occasions. It's worded in such a precise way that it would have been far easier to be less ambiguous.
Sorry if I've missed something but where is this quote from please?
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

as far as the Delta variant goes, it is something to keep an eye on but not necessarily worry about yet. Just get vaccinated
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:24 pm
Histeria wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:12 pm "The only things we are working on right now are our YouTube channel and David's art."

Sorry if I've missed something but where is this quote from please?
Yeah, I’m confused too.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Thanks! Obviously this isn’t super telling as it can be interpreted a wide variety of ways, but a bit discouraging.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Apologies for not pulling the actual quote. I was in the middle of collecting a few examples of the term "his art" for Twin Peaks/other films but then realised how absurd that endeavour is, felt slightly embarrassed at myself, and went to bed :lol:
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I don't think she's being ambiguous by saying "David's art" as the rest of the statement seems to indicate no filmmaking. However, I also don't think this means nothing will happen, just nothing is happening right now. They're not in pre-production, they're not filming. It doesn't mean they won't be, they just aren't now. It's quite possible the May start date was incorrect, changed/cancelled/delayed, but everything else was true. Maybe they're starting in September (or insert other arbitrary month here), things could have been pushed back until after the summer for example to let more people be vaccinated, work around other filming dates, set up other stuff, etc.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

I’m not even really that swayed one way or another by that quote because of the “right now” part. I never believed for a second David and co. were actively filming in secret already or anything so the fact that all that’s happening “right now” is the DL YouTube stuff and “his art” (even if it’s literally his paintings) seems like it’s probably pretty accurate. Just hopefully it doesn’t stay that way for too long.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Yeah, it's not like she said "nothing is happening" / "nothing will happen" or completely shot down the rumours. She just said all they're working on right now is Youtube and his art - far from saying nothing is going to happen. Sounds like things could still be planned to start later or even that they're still negotiating/renegoiating/waiting to hear more, etc. It doesn't sound like a denial, and I also don't think it's a secret statement, it's just exactly what she said imo - just that nothing's happening right now.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Yes. It gives absolutely no indication either way to the question we're all asking despite being a direct and (I very much presume) truthful answer to a question. It's actually impressive.

My type of humour tbh (even if unintentional. Especially if unintentional); I actually laughed when I read it.

Oh and she then went on to like another meme which has Laura whispering "I'll see you again in two-to-five years" to Coop in Part 2.

That's the fourth/fifth such one in the last week. If it could have plausibly been just meme appreciation then surely it's now safe to claim a trend (and a new one at that).

And I still very very confidently posit she wouldn't be go out of her way to "like" memes speculating on and awaiting a show that doesn't/won't exist.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Sure, but even if the show were in pre-preproduction or negotiations or whatever, one would think they would be “working on” it to some degree. I mean, she claims they’re working on the YouTube channel which must take, what, five minutes a day? If there were an imminent production, one would think even just casual conversations would eat up more time than the YouTube channel and would qualify as actively working on it for purposes of what she’s saying here.

But again, it can be read a million different ways and amounts to a hill of beans. I still find it vaguely discouraging though.