Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

Wow, I never noticed the "wisterialodge" on that photo before! Surely, that's something - "wisteria" and "lodge"? Are there any other meanings for that name? *SIts back and waits for someone to tell me it's a standard copyright logo, photo studio, or something else.*

Regarding the bee, I remember Michael Horse posted a photo of one on a plant people thought at first was wisteria, but it was dismissed by me and others as just being a photo of a bee. I've also seen fatecolossal joking that Lynch is doing a sequel to Bee Movie, but otherwise I didn't realise the bee was a thing too?
Last edited by Jonah on Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

It's a share from another page (I assume made by a fan but I haven't checked). That's the username at the bottom.

Imagine you're Lynch's producer and online enforcer. You see a page speculating on Lynch's Wisteria, which you know isn't actually happening.

Do you

a) share that post on your own profile without any qualification in the knowledge it will be jumped on by thirsty folks.
b) literally anything else
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Oh, I thought it was a photo she created. But yeah, I take your point.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Not saying I'm buying into this, but is this every member of the "Wisteria Club"?

Posted photos of wisteria:
Kyle MacLachlan (later denied it had any connection)
Kimmy Robertson (no futher comment)
Sherilyn Fenn (twice, shared one by Susan Sarandon, then put up her own - later denied it had any connection)
Amanda Seyfried (no further comment, also tagged two people not known to be connected to TP/Lynch)
Andrea Hays (said something about learning about something - forget the exact quote)
Mary Reber (said it wouldn't get her in trouble, whatever that means)

Possibly related:
Micheal Horse (bee on a plant some people mistook for wisteria - no futher comment)
Sabrina Sutherland (purple hair, which people seem to think is possibly a wisteria reference, lots of photos of The Return on a new instagram - later made some sort of post saying her photos had no connection to anything?)

Other:
Dan Ceresia (Twin Peaks Revolution) - not entirely sure who he is, but histeria mentioned his wisteria tweets - looks like he runs a fan page? (not sure if this counts?)

Old (other possible hints from cast members before the wisteria stuff):
There was stuff before all this, before the pandemic, Michael Horse posting a photo of him as Hawk with a shusing gesture, comments from Kimmy Robertson, posts by Kyle (can't remember what they were but he posts a lot of TP stuff), followed directly by Al Strobel commenting (and later deleing) under one of those photos that "loose lips sink ships". Maybe some other stuff, plus the HMH tweets.
Last edited by Jonah on Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Don’t know what this poll means..
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Unrecorded Night is a series of movies set in the Twin Peaks universe directed by David Lynch and featuring various whether conditions as opposed to the nearly homogeneous sense of fog that to date pervades Twin Peaks canon: Blue Rose Skies and Golden Orbs of Sunshine abound - all along the way!

I mean that's not what they're trying to say with it but it could be.

Also, very leading set of choices. And I kinda suspect they didn't expect that result.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Gotta admit, Histeria made a pretty strong case that something is happening. Anyone want to try and debunk Histeria?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

The only place where I remember purple being used in Twin peaks is when Cooper falls in the mauve zone and near the fireman’s palace. Also from the BTS, Lynch says he wants to dream more about the Fireman’s palace
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

During his weather report today Lynch was thinking about the year 1956 again. Little Richard- Long Tall Sally.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

mtwentz wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:30 am Gotta admit, Histeria made a pretty strong case that something is happening. Anyone want to try and debunk Histeria?
No, the only thing I disagree about would be that there most likely isn't any significance to sharing content from a user calling themselves "Wisterialodge". Other than that it holds up for me. There is also an important aspect that is forgotten by underthefan and others - that have gotten their heart broken too often because of groundless rumours. Those rumours kept the fan communities going, those rumours kept telling the artists and business people behind Twin Peaks that there were demands for more. Mark Frost reacted to that and reignited his creative partnership with David Lynch. The heartbreak was worth it then, and probably will be, this time as well.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

eyeboogers wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:06 am
mtwentz wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:30 am Gotta admit, Histeria made a pretty strong case that something is happening. Anyone want to try and debunk Histeria?
No, the only thing I disagree about would be that there most likely isn't any significance to sharing content from a user calling themselves "Wisterialodge". Other than that it holds up for me. There is also an important aspect that is forgotten by underthefan and others - that have gotten their heart broken too often because of groundless rumours. Those rumours kept the fan communities going, those rumours kept telling the artists and business people behind Twin Peaks that there were demands for more. Mark Frost reacted to that and reignited his creative partnership with David Lynch. The heartbreak was worth it then, and probably will be, this time as well.
I really like that take on it!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Just reposting some stuff I think is worth paying attention to. A summary of sorts.
Histeria wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:44 am Surely most would grant that it's very implausible Sabrina would:

1. Suddenly open a very active social media page after years of being away from Twitter and Instagram
2. Dye her head the colour of the show's working title
3. Start posting very suggestive if ambiguous stories and images with equally suggestive captions
4. Actively monitor Twin Peaks social media fan activity and follow new pages as they appear
5. Suddenly start engaging on reddit again after years.
6. Start sharing memes and images like the above from Twin Peaks/Lynch fan pages which assume there's something happening, when there isn't actually anything happening.

Again, I'm not solid on social norms but can someone really claim the above would be a reasonable and logical thing to assume? I just can't see anyone acting that way, much less Sabrina who's a shining example of discretion and level-headed poise.

And even if all of them were made in complete ignorance. There's plenty of other evidence besides.
^ Very good points here, worth pasting over onto this new page of the thread.

I'm also going to paste some of your other points and the list I made of social media posts, I'll put them below as I think the above are stronger points, harder to refute, whereas the social media stuff is easier to poke holes in.

-
Histeria wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:44 am Not only did Kyle post about wisteria, but about the bee. The bee is another recurring motif for this project, one also shared by Sabrina. Sabrina literally posted an image with the words wisteria on it and the head of Gordon Cole like some sort of bingo card for what he's going to say in the show. That's not a "coincidence."
Jonah wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:12 am Not saying I'm buying into this, but is this every member of the "Wisteria Club"?

Posted photos of wisteria:
Kyle MacLachlan (later denied it had any connection)
Kimmy Robertson (no futher comment)
Sherilyn Fenn (twice, shared one by Susan Sarandon, then put up her own - later denied it had any connection)
Amanda Seyfried (no further comment, also tagged two people not known to be connected to TP/Lynch)
Andrea Hays (said something about learning about something - forget the exact quote)
Mary Reber (said it wouldn't get her in trouble, whatever that means)

Possibly related:
Micheal Horse (bee on a plant some people mistook for wisteria - no futher comment)
Sabrina Sutherland (purple hair, which people seem to think is possibly a wisteria reference, lots of photos of The Return on a new instagram - later made some sort of post saying her photos had no connection to anything?)

Other:
Dan Ceresia (Twin Peaks Revolution) - not entirely sure who he is, but histeria mentioned his wisteria tweets - looks like he runs a fan page? (not sure if this counts?)

Old (other possible hints from cast members before the wisteria stuff):
There was stuff before all this, before the pandemic, Michael Horse posting a photo of him as Hawk with a shusing gesture, comments from Kimmy Robertson, posts by Kyle (can't remember what they were but he posts a lot of TP stuff), followed directly by Al Strobel commenting (and later deleing) under one of those photos that "loose lips sink ships". Maybe some other stuff, plus the HMH tweets.
-

And, finally, this is also worth reposting as I think it makes a great point:
thedougpa wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:04 am Insane that the pretty much the entire cast of Twin Peaks including a ostensible macguffin character like Alice Tremond would be all posting pictures of wisteria on their social media accounts, after a year of David Lynch saying he'd be working on a continuing story if not for the pandemic, copywriting 13 scripts, asking Laura Dern to shave her head... and people here are still doubting this is a) Twin Peaks b) happening at all.
Last edited by Jonah on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Histeria wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:57 am Imagine you're Lynch's producer and online enforcer....
I guess the biggest thing I take issue with is this...that Sabrina is somehow an officially designated "online enforcer." I think that's putting way more significance on her social media activity than probably exists. I know she's Lynch's main producer and she's certainly in the know behind the scenes but when it comes to IG/Twitter and the like I mostly just view her activity as that of a fellow fan. She follows a fair amount of TP fan accounts and likes all sorts of TP memes and fan posts, much like Kyle does. I just don't put a lot of stock into what she likes or shares or from what accounts because I don't take social media very seriously in general. If she posted something herself directly saying "Wisteria is coming soon!" or something more concrete I'd be more inclined to pay attention. I mean, she follows a ton of random K-Pop accounts and bands on IG also. I'm not out here assuming Lynch is all of a sudden making a Blackpink biopic.

Which isn't to say I don't think anything is happening. I don't really consider myself a member of the "nope, not happening" club. I do think things are a-brewing still but I'm not really basing that on any social media posts (with rare exceptions like cast members posting wisteria pics themselves directly).
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

She controls all his social accounts and keeps on top of all that's happening in TP fan circles online. Online presence manager, online liason, online monitor, and online agent.

I think enforcer was fair.

Thanks for all the kind words, all!

Also, I was referring to both the VVisteria Lodge one and the Star Wars one from yesterday. My point was less "it's a positive signal to something" and more "she just wouldn't do that if they weren't working on it."
Last edited by Histeria on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I agree with the Sabrina stuff. Most/all of the actors could just be funnin’ or trying to gain attention by piggybacking on the rumors (even Kyle IMO). E.g., Mary Reber is contemplating turning the Palmer home into an Air BnB (cringe), so she has cause to post #wisteria if she thinks it will bring eyes to her account and her potential Peaks-related business venture. But Sabrina’s activity certainly seems to indicate she is trying to drum up enthusiasm for some imminent Lynch project. There’s not really much other explanation for it IMO.

I’m still not entirely convinced it’s Peaks though. Yes, she’s been posting a bunch of Peaks-related stuff. But she could just be doing that to enthuse us for new Lynch in general (realistically, what else is she going to post, if it’s a brand new property and she can’t reveal anything about it?). The use of TP hashtags may be to bring people/eyes to her account. Call me a cynic.
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.