Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Rhodes »

eyeboogers wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:58 am Your notion that "the left" is the enemy of art and free speech is completely bonkers and without historical merit.
I have the distinct impression that people who are passionate about "diversity" (also in the realm of arts), are almost always (somwhat) left. I don''t know if this is researched, but I would bet my life on it. From what Rudagger is saying, I know 99,999999% he did not vote for the former president .

You disagree? You see no correlation between political preference and support for "diversity and sensitivity politics"?
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Rhodes wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:07 am
eyeboogers wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:58 am Your notion that "the left" is the enemy of art and free speech is completely bonkers and without historical merit.
I have the distinct impression that people who are passionate about "diversity" (also in the realm of arts), are almost always (somwhat) left. I don''t know if this is researched, but I would bet my life on it. From what Rudagger is saying, I know 99,999999% he did not vote for the former president .

You disagree? You see no correlation between political preference and support for "diversity and sensitivity politics"?
I'm not American.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Yawn. Can we get back to the matters of Lynch and Twin Peaks, pretty please.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

LateReg wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:03 am The way I interpret what Rhodes is saying is simply that if there's a mandate that doesn't really fit what an artist is going for, then that's a bad thing, full-stop.
Hear, hear!
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Agent Earle wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:09 am Yawn. Can we get back to the matters of Lynch and Twin Peaks, pretty please.
You wish, Earle. You've probably Debbie Downered the whole thing out of existence! :lol:
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Agent Earle wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:09 am Yawn. Can we get back to the matters of Lynch and Twin Peaks, pretty please.
What Twin Peaks :lol:
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

LateReg wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:11 am
You wish, Earle. You've probably Debbie Downered the whole thing out of existence! :lol:
you mean Donna Downer? (‘what a downer you are!’)
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

Histeria wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:04 am I don't think the Jade casting was unfortunate. She's awesome and she's a great character. That in isolation isn't the issue. Neither is the cast being mostly white, I already said that too has artistic merit.

But in context it's ill-judged.
I would say that in context, it isn't ill-judged either. Given the current climate, it is a more provocative, interesting, bold statement to cast her as a prostitute than as a lawyer.

Society may be occupied with female empowerment, but art should also incorporate the indecent, forbidden or flatout immoral aspect of human existence. Women who are abused instead of flourish, blacks who are set up for failure, this is probably more artsy and valuable at the moment than a correct film with a predictable scenario.
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

Deal!

Have a good evening everyone!
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

Rhodes wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:07 am

If we’re going down that road I’m pretty sure we could find a correlation between conservatives and people who are uncomfortable seeing black people on their TV screens. I think a lot of things you’ve said about culture being under threat from leftists is paranoid guff, but if it’s any kind of olive branch I fully agree that I would like Lynch to be given artistic freedom. Personally, I don’t think he would balk at the suggestion he keep his eyes open for more diverse talent, but even if he did I believe most networks and streaming services are happy to compensate with diversity in behind-the-scenes roles - if indeed they have any quotas at all.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Histeria wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:19 am Soooo getting back on topic: Brad D doesn't think there's any Lynch title in the works at all.

https://twitter.com/brad__dukes/status/ ... 35041?s=19

With the greatest of respects to him and his amazing work within the TP community, he's clearly wrong on that front.
To clarify, he didn’t say he doesn’t THINK there is. Just that he isn’t convinced, which is a slightly much more neutral statement.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Granted.

There are slightly much less neutral statements too if you look :lol:
Last edited by Histeria on Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

I mean Brad could be right. But I think that would have to be that there was and that it was cancelled. Because, it's clear something at the very least *was* in the works.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Yeah. But his view on the matter hasn't really changed throughout this the history of this thread from what I gathered while lurking and as a keen follower of his Twitter presence.