Season 4? Or is it over after this?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross

Histeria
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Histeria »

"Wisteria is a constant.

Unrecorded Night has multiple representations in letters."

Now that's a doozy, one way or another.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

mtwentz wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:46 pm Maybe Reindeer or LateReg can give their thoughts, but I think Lynch would view a tie-in novel as maybe giving too many secrets away.

Basically Frost’s book spoon feeds the idea of Sarah as the New Mexico girl.

Now most people on this board assume New Mexico girl is Sarah.

But in Lynch’s mind, New Mexico girl may be ....New Mexico girl.

And Lynch may not like naming her as a specific TP character.
Yes, well put, I agree with all that. Beyond giving secrets away, the books can also pin down certain interpretations and interfere with Lynch's own vision while in the act of creation, and therefore take away from the series, which in Lynch's mind, I think, is its own thing that must stand on its own; it goes along with that thing he said about how the most important thing is being true to an idea. For those reasons, I also don't view Lynch as being rude for saying the books are Mark's version. I get that he could have been more supportive in a promotional (or even friendship) sense, but that doesn't enter into it for me because I also get that that's not his bag, and I understand the way he speaks and to some degree the way he thinks as an artist and the need to keep Mark's version separate from his. To me, Lynch was just saying, Mark's books exist but they're Mark's personal vision, not to be confused with Lynch's personal vision, or even their shared vision of what they chose to include in the series.

Now, don't get me wrong. I enjoyed Mark's books immensely (especially Secret History, which is just a beautifully constructed and pretty damn fun thing) and believe they contain pertinent themes that aid in understanding what he (and Lynch!) were going for in The Return; themes, more so than specifics, take precedence. Obviously Mark had these ideas in his mind and probably shared many of them with Lynch while writing, and Lynch gave his blessing for Mark to take the books in any direction he chose. But everything outside of the series is probably interference to Lynch the director, and I get that, and I think Mark does too.
Last edited by LateReg on Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jonah
Lodge Member

Post by Jonah »

Mordeen wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:42 pm Wisteria is a constant.

Unrecorded Night has multiple representations in letters.

Not what it seems is correct.

POC is not an abbreviation or shorthand, all letters are words

Alas, 2022 was a typo. It was supposed to be 2021.

- Mordeen
My attempt to interpret this:

It was supposed to be released in 2021.

The actual title is Wisteria, but was copyrighted and otherwise documented as Unrecorded Night, which is its working title.

(Though it's probably also Twin Peaks or related.)

(POC, I'm not sure about. The usual acronym - not abbreviation or shorthand - is People of Colour. But there's many more. Proof of Concept? Point of Creation? Purchase Order Confirmation? Products Of Conception?)
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
RR Diner Member

Post by Histeria »

Ickles wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:52 pm Anything ever come of that Half Mermaid/video game announcement? Has it happened yet? Not seeing anything on social media. I doubt it's directly related to Lynch/UN but they got me curious about it now. Well played, guys!
Well, it's co-written by Barry Gifford who wrote the Wild at Heart novel Lynch adapted and co-wrote Lost Highway with Lynch (and episode of Hotel Room).
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Planet Of Corn :-)
We live inside Dougie's dream....
Jonah
Lodge Member

Post by Jonah »

mtwentz wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:25 pm Planet Of Corn :-)
Good one!
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
RR Diner Member

Post by Histeria »

Oh shit. I like that one.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Jonah wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:02 pm

- Mordeen
Proof of Concept?
- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Jonah
Lodge Member

Post by Jonah »

Mordeen wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:10 pm
Jonah wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:02 pm

- Mordeen
Proof of Concept?
- Mordeen
So that part is correct. Is any of the rest of my interpretation (not related to the acronym) also correct?
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Well if the original hint was "ur_w_04_19_22_poc" and Mordeen later clarified they meant 2021 and 2022 was a typo then I would infer a proof of concept was perhaps shot in April of 2021. If Lynch/Sabrina is at a post-house/Fotokem now it would make sense if that poc is in post. Perhaps it's footage to be used for a teaser trailer/announcement? Just spitballin'.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

If the POC was shot on 4/19 then this is a cool coincidence

https://twitter.com/kyle_maclachlan/sta ... 85860?s=21

Also is it possible that the beard Lynch grew out really was for this project and now that he got scenes for it filmed he shaved
"Jade give two rides."
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

Ickles wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:29 pm Well if the original hint was "ur_w_04_19_22_poc" and Mordeen later clarified they meant 2021 and 2022 was a typo then I would infer a proof of concept was perhaps shot in April of 2021. If Lynch/Sabrina is at a post-house/Fotokem now it would make sense if that poc is in post. Perhaps it's footage to be used for a teaser trailer/announcement? Just spitballin'.
WOW, MORDEEN, WOW!
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

DougieJones wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:41 pm If the POC was shot on 4/19 then this is a cool coincidence

https://twitter.com/kyle_maclachlan/sta ... 85860?s=21

Also is it possible that the beard Lynch grew out really was for this project and now that he got scenes for it filmed he shaved
Canonically, 4/19 has always been Dale’s birthday, from MLMT, the old trading cards, etc. I wouldn’t read much into the dating of Kyle’s tweet beyond acknowledging the source material.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

mtwentz wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:25 pm Planet Of Corn :-)
I'd actually thought "pot o' corn" earlier on, but it wasn't funny enough to post. This is infinitely superior.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Ok, at risk of being pinned to red herrings of my unintentional creation and held accountable, let me be clear on two things:

1 - the POC images are mine. They're easily available screenshots from Google that I added text to, and in one case desaturated the image to give them similar theme. It was done by me, to send to someone as a question based upon a conversation I was involved in. They are not official in any way.

2 - I am in no way privy to any sort of filming which may be taking place. The date I released the picture here referencing 4_19 was not a coincidence, in so far as it was just a wink to Dale Cooper's special day, which has already been pointed out.

Some of you haven't been around here long enough to remember the old spoiler thread where I would take images and add details that were clues to things I had seen or heard. They were not always correct or entirely accurate because, as we all know, the Man Beneath the Hair works in a very fluid way and things change.

In this case, I was fishing for responses from sources, and shared them here for additional reasons.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .