Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

This is probably not it, it really is a stretch, (so if not a direct acronym, it may well be in reverse speech), but these lowercase letters have a property that they could be mirrored vertically, like this:

cop w ru
cob m ln

The lowercase l has no horizontal bar here, it is really font specific, and most of the fonts have one for lowercase L. Anyway, this probably does not mean anything, but could be looked at it from this angle (pun intended) too.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Not sure why my mind is suddenly wandering toward Club Silencio right now.

LA Nightshade. Blue box on a nightstand. Silence.

Really starting to get suspicious that, potentially, Unrecorded Night ≠ Wisteria
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

boske wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:13 am This is probably not it, it really is a stretch, (so if not a direct acronym, it may well be in reverse speech), but these lowercase letters have a property that they could be mirrored vertically, like this:

cop w ru
cob m ln

The lowercase l has no horizontal bar here, it is really font specific, and most of the fonts have one for lowercase L. Anyway, this probably does not mean anything, but could be looked at it from this angle (pun intended) too.
Was thinking on this and Coincidentally came across the following frame:
https://twitter.com/BlackLCult/status/1 ... 12640?s=19

"Coop, where/who/when are you?"

"Carrie Odessa Paige (lol), who are you?"

"Cooper or Paige.."

Edit
boske wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:19 am "cop w ru" -> "Coop where are you?" or "Coop who are you?"
Whoops. Missed this and didn't realise you'd already posted it. Apologies.
Last edited by Histeria on Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Personally I find it very unlikely that Lynch has already started shooting, unless this project is on the scale of Inland Empire or Rabbits. The guy can't even pass through Fotokem without it making a splash, let alone be filming a huge project entirely in secrecy.

Another thing I've been thinking about is how important real life filming locations have been in all of his works (particularly TP of course). So if this project is really mainly to be filmed in the studio, it will certainly be very different for Lynch and very different from the rest of TP.

I will agree with whoever posted that most of Mordeen's clues do seem to be TP-related so perhaps that indicates this is TP after all? I also agree with whoever said that this could turn out to be a co-production with Showtime in which case those licensing issues I talked about could be easier to overcome.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

I, too, thought about locations until I was absolutely floored to find out just how much was shot in studio and around the LA area.

And the only way they shoot secretly is by pretending to be filming other films. David was in his daughter's film a few years ago. Imagine they used that opportunity to also film stuff for this upcoming series. Ditto for lots of other productions. That's the most unrealistic theory of all, though.

I also briefly considered the prospects of David directing remotely. And there have been ads for roles where they've stated the director will be running the show via video link. One of those roles was in WA, too.

Is Deming still in NYC?

Also, can anyone with knowledge of the FWWM rights confirm if Janus Films do in fact own the North American distribution rights for the film?
Last edited by Histeria on Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

underthefan wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:38 am The guy can't even pass through Fotokem without it making a splash, let alone be filming a huge project entirely in secrecy.
Good point.
underthefan wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:38 am I will agree with whoever posted that most of Mordeen's clues do seem to be TP-related so perhaps that indicates this is TP after all? I also agree with whoever said that this could turn out to be a co-production with Showtime in which case those licensing issues I talked about could be easier to overcome.
Nice - that would be great if that was the case, on both counts.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Actually, as far as The Return most of it was filmed on real locations (exceptions being of course the Red Room, Ben's office, and the 50s radio station) as is the case with FWWM (Laura's bedroom, The Power and the Glory). S1/S2 were different but they were shot as a network show in the 90s so it made sense most of those were sets, although there were still a lot of practical locations used. Most of those locations were in CA, so maybe this time they will stick to CA completely and not go up to Washington.

Perhaps what Mordeen is saying UN is not what it seems (meaning an original project) and TP is happening again? Just spitballing.

Not sure about Janus, usually those rights are bought for a period of around 5 years. I know FWWM is available on HBO Max so it seems New Line has retained at least some distribution rights. I think ultimately the rights for FWWM reside with MK2 which inherited them from Ciby 2000 who financed the film.
Last edited by underthefan on Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

What if:

Unrecorded Night is not what it seems = Unrecorded Night isn't even a TV series at all?

That Project Ambrosio reveal is tonight. Glad I'll get that particular crazytown theory out of my system when it turns out to be wrong (not that I was ever serious about it. Was just fun to draw so many 'credible' inferences from non-causal correlations).

Edit: Also, more very wishful thinking: what if the misinformation was Frost ceding directorship of TP Productions and general perception that there's been another irrevocable creative estrangement. Frost follows everyone who talks about TP on twitter. He probably probably follows me. Not following DKL isn't an oversight or an attempt to prune his timeline :lol:
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Histeria wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:49 am Speaking of music.

Always found this eerily odd. Never able to track down any info and the facebook/twitter pages seem to be run by bots that like and retweet 100s of things per hour.

https://enix-inri.bandcamp.com/album/unrecorded-night

"NIGHT SHADES DREAM TIME
DREAMING THE DREAMER
NEW BOOKS WITH FAMILIAR PAGES
NIGHTBLOOMS BLEEDING
COLORS INTO THE DARK
ISLANDS OF FIRE IN AN OCEAN
NIGHTSHADE DREAMTIME"

Couldn't sign up here back when I found it so had no one to bounce it off. Probably just a fan but even their back catalogue seems AI-generated. It's very odd. And the stanza above sounds a lot like something Lynch himself would write. Lots of serendipity all round.
One of their releases from 2013 features an owl in the red room.
https://enix-inri.bandcamp.com/album/thee-agni-ecstasy

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jasper wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:08 am
Histeria wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:49 am Speaking of music.

Always found this eerily odd. Never able to track down any info and the facebook/twitter pages seem to be run by bots that like and retweet 100s of things per hour.

https://enix-inri.bandcamp.com/album/unrecorded-night

"NIGHT SHADES DREAM TIME
DREAMING THE DREAMER
NEW BOOKS WITH FAMILIAR PAGES
NIGHTBLOOMS BLEEDING
COLORS INTO THE DARK
ISLANDS OF FIRE IN AN OCEAN
NIGHTSHADE DREAMTIME"

Couldn't sign up here back when I found it so had no one to bounce it off. Probably just a fan but even their back catalogue seems AI-generated. It's very odd. And the stanza above sounds a lot like something Lynch himself would write. Lots of serendipity all round.
One of their releases from 2013 features an owl in the red room.

Interesting! Laura did write in her diary she bit her own foot off in a dream instead of letting a rat eat it. She said she was in a room with furniture when this was happening.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Histeria wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:58 am Frost follows everyone who talks about TP on twitter. He probably probably follows me. Not following DKL isn't an oversight or an attempt to prune his timeline :lol:
Gah, I’d love to know the real story on that. Not an accident. I do remember him unfollowing Sherilyn at a contentious moment in 2015.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Same. Same. What possibly could have happened to have "We're in discussions on how to proceed [with a potential S4]" become unfollowing him on Twitter?

Especially since he still follows the various other DKL Twitter accounts.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I do think it's more likely that it was a falling out (or at least distancing himself a bit if not an outright "break-up"), though, than some elaborate ruse/misdirection.
Last edited by Jonah on Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Histeria wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:32 am Same. Same. What possibly could have happened to have "We're in discussions on how to proceed [with a potential S4]" become unfollowing him on Twitter?

Especially since he still follows the various other DKL Twitter accounts.
When were discussions on how to proceed? I feel like things got chilly pretty quickly in 2017