Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Stavrogyn »

Mordeen wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:39 am I share the things I know when or if it's safe to do so, in whatever way I can, because there's a fair amount of decent people here who are interested.

- Mordeen
I'm grateful for the clues, and even though I cannot decipher their exact meaning, they give me hope that something is indeed happening, which is more than I could ask for.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

Glad so many people enjoy Mordeen’s posts. I do find it rather baffling what people actually see as fun or intriguing about them however. If I had insider information I’d probably either keep it to myself or just reveal things I felt comfortable with e.g “I don’t want to get my source into trouble, but I will say expect an announcement in a few months, and expect the return of a few faces from the original series who weren’t in season 3 along with a location not seen since the pilot”.

I don’t feel entitled to any information whatsoever, but when someone claims to have some and then keeps on saying nothing in the most self-conciously cryptic way possible then it just feels like an ego thing to me. Have any of the posts (aside from the ones grandly dismissing Trent Reznor’s work on the basis of a few songs from the nineties) amounted to more than “I know something you don’t know”?
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

enumbs wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:37 pm Glad so many people enjoy Mordeen’s posts. I do find it rather baffling what people actually see as fun or intriguing about them however. If I had insider information I’d probably either keep it to myself or just reveal things I felt comfortable with e.g “I don’t want to get my source into trouble, but I will say expect an announcement in a few months, and expect the return of a few faces from the original series who weren’t in season 3 along with a location not seen since the pilot”.

I don’t feel entitled to any information whatsoever, but when someone claims to have some and then keeps on saying nothing in the most self-conciously cryptic way possible then it just feels like an ego thing to me. Have any of the posts (aside from the ones grandly dismissing Trent Reznor’s work on the basis of a few songs from the nineties) amounted to more than “I know something you don’t know”?
Just wondering, were you here for the original spoiler thread? We all appreciate Mordeen around here for pretty good reason.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Mordeen wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:39 am I'm certainly not in this for attention. The attention I gained from joining the Twin Peaks community after decades of avoiding it has largely been negative. After the Return aired I stepped away again. I'm here because I have something to offer to the current discussion,.

I share the things I know when or if it's safe to do so, in whatever way I can, because there's a fair amount of decent people here who are interested.

- Mordeen
Haven’t been on here for a very long time but I’ve enjoyed Mordeen’s codes and ciphers. His posts are very interesting I have to hand it to him. I appreciate you sharing stuff for us!
"Jade give two rides."
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Also I’ve been thinking a bit out there recently. I think Unrecorded Night has started filming and it’s going to be both a Showtime and Netflix Original series.
"Jade give two rides."
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

And will it be more Twin Peaks or not according to you?
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Agent Earle wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:58 pm And will it be more Twin Peaks or not according to you?
I think it will be at this point. We know that Sabrina pays attention to the community and I’m sure she talks with DKL about all of this and what we’re saying. If whatever this is really isn’t Twin Peaks then I think we would’ve received clarification by now.

Also, I think UN will be billed as a whole new show but still continue the story of Dale and Laura. It lets DKL get away from Showtime and still have it be TP at the same time just at Netflix under a different name. Netflix has a history of picking up shows as well like Arrested Development, Lucifer, etc. It’s possible that Showtime didn’t want to fund a S4 so Lynch had the idea to take it to Netflix.

It also could be a joint venture between Netflix and Showtime. For El Camino it was both an AMC and Netflix project. In the UK for Netflix, Better Call Saul is listed as a Netflix Original and every new episode comes out right after it premieres on AMC. You never know.
"Jade give two rides."
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Well I'll raise a coffee cup to that outcome!
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

Agent Earle wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:13 pm Well I'll raise a coffee cup to that outcome!
Otherwise, it'll fly through a window. ;-)
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

thedougpa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:48 pm
enumbs wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:37 pm Glad so many people enjoy Mordeen’s posts. I do find it rather baffling what people actually see as fun or intriguing about them however. If I had insider information I’d probably either keep it to myself or just reveal things I felt comfortable with e.g “I don’t want to get my source into trouble, but I will say expect an announcement in a few months, and expect the return of a few faces from the original series who weren’t in season 3 along with a location not seen since the pilot”.

Just wondering, were you here for the original spoiler thread? We all appreciate Mordeen around here for pretty good reason.
Hear, hear!
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

I just thought of something else. Is it possible that they are secretly working on the show right now under a different name? It’s possible that they saw that we knew the names Wisteria/Unrecorded Night and have put production under a covert title since.
"Jade give two rides."
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Mordeen wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:09 am Red herrings are in the percolator. Make sure there's salt handy.

- Mordeen
If I'd have to guess this pertains to some info that is widely regarded as true by the community. Possibly some of the PW tidbits, the reddit rumor, or others. Tweets and such are so obviously swarming with red herring (sorry to the believers out there) that it's not even worth mentioning them as such.

Don't judge others on what info they are or aren't giving out. I'm very glad we can have Mordeen's occasional tantalizing contributions, torturous as they can be. And yeah, he is really quite sincere about protecting his source. We've had quite the share laughs together over the years and occasionally have contact outside of dugpa. Even though I'm pretty sure he knows that if he'd slip anything to me, I'd keep my mouth shut, he's still telling me zilch (I pretty much begged him)
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Soolsma wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:39 pm
Mordeen wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:09 am Red herrings are in the percolator. Make sure there's salt handy.

- Mordeen
If I'd have to guess this pertains to some info that is widely regarded as true by the community. Possibly some of the PW tidbits, the reddit rumor, or others. Tweets and such are so obviously swarming with red herring (sorry to the believers out there) that it's not even worth mentioning them as such.

Don't judge others on what info they are or aren't giving out. I'm very glad we can have Mordeen's occasional tantalizing contributions, torturous as they can be. And yeah, he is really quite sincere about protecting his source. We've had quite the share laughs together over the years and occasionally have contact outside of dugpa. Even though I'm pretty sure he knows that if he'd slip anything to me, I'd keep my mouth shut, he's still telling me zilch (I pretty much begged him)
Is there anything that was discussed on here recently that Mordeen could specifically be referring to? Might have to dig a bit into the last few pages!
"Jade give two rides."
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

yep... 'the hunt is on'. :)

I'd immediately scratch all of the obvious trivial bits. I don't recall much that's both recent and seemingly substantial though..
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

I don't know, I guess it could be interpreted two ways. That all the supposed hints are misinformation or maybe that the denials (like Sabrina's yesterday) are misinformation. Depends how you take it.