Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Histeria »

Nothing personal at all! Just kidding around. I thought we were past that :mrgreen:

My attempt at puncturing the tension obviously flopped.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

I think there's something being produced, I'm just not sure random IG photos of S3 set pics or new haircuts, etc. are necessarily "teases" to the point where I would consider clarifying that they are just in good fun as "back-pedaling." The impression I've gotten is that while Sabrina is most likely busy working on pre-production for the new Lynch thing she's generally just posting random old pics, perhaps because she's actively working with Lynch again and feeling nostalgic for the last production. Not sure I would consider it being purposely a tease for UN/Wisteria being TP related or happening on a certain timeline or whatever.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Yeah I don't think it's backpeddling as it's staying true to whatever form they've been taking for a while now.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

thedougpa wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:03 am Screenshot_20210611-100215_Instagram.jpg

Geography sleuths, where is Lynch here? Him and Sabrina are doing some scouting.
I think this photo is from when they were blocking out one of the scenes where Jerry Horne runs across a field.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

underthefan wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:22 am Kyle does have a social media manager at least for Twitter (I can't say how I know that, but I do hence the wink) and his tweets yesterday are not hints of anything. But if you believe otherwise, that's absolutely your right.
I wasn't referring to this specifically. In fact, I've stated in at least three seperate posts that someone does manage his social media profiles on his behalf. Of course they do. Kyle isn't going to be editing his own mini skits.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

underthefan wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:52 am And what if I made a suggestion that maybe, just maybe, Kyle has a social media manager who posts all of his tweets? You really think Kyle knows or cares about Adult Swim? Or uses zoomer expressions like "it's wild to think"? Just sayin'. :wink:
I went to one of his wine events and he did have a social media person taking pictures and she was uploading to his IG using her phone, from what I recall.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

branvol wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:30 am
sneakydave wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:42 am
TwinsPeak wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:49 am A message posted on here yesterday has been erased. Posted then quickly erased.... I guess I was the only one that saw it?
Well, what was it then? Spill the beans.
Username with green letters said something like "One day I will be able to tell you about a chat I had with Kyle in January."
Not me.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:07 am
underthefan wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:00 am Meanwhile...
Ugh, I’m really tired of this. The “twin Tweets” thing was so cool and clean and straightforward. This constant potential teasing and subsequent back-peddling is just maddening.
Darn tootin'. I wish they'd stop "having fun" with fans' anticipations already. That goes for Lynch, Sabrina, MacLachlan, Fenn, the lot of them.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

Jerry Horne wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:33 am
branvol wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:30 am
sneakydave wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:42 am

Well, what was it then? Spill the beans.
Username with green letters said something like "One day I will be able to tell you about a chat I had with Kyle in January."
Not me.

Yup wasn't Jerry and that was the message. I sure would like to hear about that chat. branvol's profile and that the message was erased is all the more interesting.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Ickles wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:26 am I think there's something being produced, I'm just not sure random IG photos of S3 set pics or new haircuts, etc. are necessarily "teases" to the point where I would consider clarifying that they are just in good fun as "back-pedaling." The impression I've gotten is that while Sabrina is most likely busy working on pre-production for the new Lynch thing she's generally just posting random old pics, perhaps because she's actively working with Lynch again and feeling nostalgic for the last production. Not sure I would consider it being purposely a tease for UN/Wisteria being TP related or happening on a certain timeline or whatever.
That’s fair, but stuff like Sabrina’s purple hair, Kyle’s wisteria post, etc., sure feel like teasing when they know we’re all on the edges of our seats waiting for an official announcement. And since most of us do agree that something is happening, this months-long bait-and-switch social media approach (even if not all intentional, they have to know how some people will take it) is pretty exhausting.

And to qualify, again, I do NOT believe this is necessarily Peaks...but we’ll see.
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Agent Earle wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:36 am
Ugh, I’m really tired of this. The “twin Tweets” thing was so cool and clean and straightforward. This constant potential teasing and subsequent back-peddling is just maddening.
Darn tootin'. I wish they'd stop "having fun" with fans' anticipations already. That goes for Lynch, Sabrina, MacLachlan, Fenn, the lot of them.
Lynch 's 'major announcement' was the most disheartening one. the wisteria plants and flowers I just tune out.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

underthefan wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 am Unless potential teasing is really not teasing at all and people are just reading what they want into it...

Could very well be. I've been saying for a while now, we don't have anything of at least semi-official capacity that something - anything - is indeed happening here. I know I sound like a broken record, but so far, everyday reality has done nothing to dispute me.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:39 am
Agent Earle wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:36 am

Lynch 's 'major announcement' was the most disheartening one. the wisteria plants and flowers I just tune out.
Yeah, I don't pay much mind to the wisteria posts either, but her hair though, man
I'll see you in the trees
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Agent Earle wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:40 am
underthefan wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 am Unless potential teasing is really not teasing at all and people are just reading what they want into it...

Could very well be. I've been saying for a while now, we don't have anything of at least semi-official capacity that something - anything - is indeed happening here. I know I sound like a broken record, but so far, everyday reality has done nothing to dispute me.
I agree Earle.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

BTW. That photo was taken on the balcony of Fotokem in Burbank, presumably the same place he was seen walking past colour-correction. And right next door to CBS Interactive, Critic Content, and Burbank Studios.
Last edited by Histeria on Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.