Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Histeria »

What if it's a choose-your-own-adventure thing like Bandersnatch and Cat in Boots.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:48 am I'm not totally sure PW meets these high standards of journalistic excellence. The month of May already came and went and appears no shooting with the three crew members they listed/ at the studio they listed, and they did publish an A2K domain email going to an unrelated company.
I haven’t been following this stuff all that intently, but per fatecolossal today (in a comment to the Seyfried tweet that was linked), the incorrect email was in the allegedly less reliable Production Listings publication, not in Production Weekly? (S)he specifically says (s)he wants to correct the record because it’s been repeatedly misstated on dugpa.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Histeria wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:19 am What if it's a choose-your-own-adventure thing like Bandersnatch and Cat in Boots.
I personally doubt that would be the case beyond episodes that could be played out of order, as Lynch teased for The Return prior to its airing. I had thought of doing that for fun, recently...I think someone on these boards generated a random order some years back, too and found some fascinating insights.

I think the best choose-your-own-adventure-esque thing is Soderbergh's Mosaic, which first appeared as an app that allowed you to choose which characters to follow at the end of an episode, thereby dictating the next episode you'd watch. It really makes sense with the storyline as well, as its about fragments of a story coming together from different perspectives and memories. The shorter series version of it still maintains that central idea, even though it only can be played in one specified order.
Last edited by LateReg on Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:24 am
JackwithOneEye wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:48 am I'm not totally sure PW meets these high standards of journalistic excellence. The month of May already came and went and appears no shooting with the three crew members they listed/ at the studio they listed, and they did publish an A2K domain email going to an unrelated company.
I haven’t been following this stuff all that intently, but per fatecolossal today (in a comment to the Seyfried tweet that was linked), the incorrect email was in the allegedly less reliable Production Listings publication, not in Production Weekly? (S)he specifically says (s)he wants to correct the record because it’s been repeatedly misstated on dugpa.
Very interesting. So we can throw that out the window now as far as a reason to deem Production Weekly untrustworthy, at least.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Ok, so PW and PL are separate. Fatecolossal says the only thing PW has been wrong on is the May startdate but for all we know it did start in May - at Lynch's house, even at the studio - but it's been kept under wraps.

Also, I didn't know he/she was on here, so Hi Fatecolossal!
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

LateReg wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:38 am
Histeria wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:19 am What if it's a choose-your-own-adventure thing like Bandersnatch and Cat in Boots.
I personally doubt that would be the case beyond episodes that could be played out of order, as Lynch teased for The Return prior to its airing. I had thought of doing that for fun, recently...I think someone on these boards generated a random order some years back, too and found some fascinating insights.

I think the best choose-your-own-adventure-esque thing is Soderbergh's Mosaic, which first appeared as an app that allowed you to choose which characters to follow at the end of an episode, thereby dictating the next episode you'd watch. It really makes sense with the storyline as well, as its about fragments of a story coming together from different perspectives and memories. The shorter series version of it still maintains that central idea, even though it only can be played in one specified order.
Yeah. It's just that Half Mermaid are now casting for their Project Ambrosio interactive "live action" game that will revolve around fake live-action movies-within-movies-within-game set in the 1500s, 1990s, 1968, 1920s and 1950s.

Apparently, the films will be live action and interactive while the game will form a meta-narrative around those films. They're announcing the game in five days or so according to their Twitter.

Just had a very odd and fleeting sensation that these two projects could be connected after Laura Dern's comments on how the project is "radical boundery-less art."

Just posting this as a moonshot in case it somehow turns out there's something in it.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:24 am
oh that's interesting. i had thought the A2k email made it into PW. my mistake.

I guess it's possible if Production List was copying info from PW, they googled A2K and used the email they found on the A2K NYC site.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Histeria wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:02 am Yeah. It's just that Half Mermaid are now casting for their Project Ambrosio interactive "live action" game that will revolve around fake live-action movies-within-movies-within-game set in the 1500s, 1990s, 1968, 1920s and 1950s.

Apparently, the films will be live action and interactive while the game will form a meta-narrative around those films. They're announcing the game in five days or so according to their Twitter.

Just had a very odd and fleeting sensation that these two projects could be connected after Laura Dern's comments on how the project is "radical boundery-less art."

Just posting this as a moonshot in case it somehow turns out there's something in it.
Haha, hey very interesting nonetheless.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

LateReg wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:15 am
Haha, hey very interesting nonetheless.
OK so it's about a young actress who stars in movies in 1968, 1970 and 1999 but no-one knows who she is. The last one is set in New York and is directed by a famous director who dies mid shoot after a hellishly long production.

The three "movies" will be live action and the game will frame them into a wider narrative.

Even if it ISN'T Lynch. It sounds a lot like Lynch. And perhaps Marilyn Monroe, who died in the 60s hence may not be "recorded" in the later films. I'm excited for that now, sounds very ambitious
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I found mentions of the game on Google, but still feel out of the loop on this one - how might this be connected to Lynch (I know you didn't say it was but if it is)?
Last edited by Jonah on Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Oh it's (almost certainly) not. Just some interesting parallels that make it seem like a project that would be of interest to Lynch fans either way.

Just killing time. Might as well lean properly into the conspiracy theory part of this thing!
Last edited by Histeria on Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

It sounds a bit like Hotel Room.
David Lich
Roadhouse Member

Post by David Lich »

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Love it. As someone who has always had a few unfortunate cowlicks that stick up, Lynch became an inspiration to me. Just make it all wild and you’re golden.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Are Sabrina and Lynch driving somewhere together :?: Looks cropped.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."