Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by IcedOver »

I pop in and out as far as tracking the non-news on this potential project. Question: Do you guys still think it's possible that this is all just a bunch of rumors and fakery, or is it 100% that a project is or was planned? I'm aware of the Production Weekly listing that was shown by one person, but was the veracity of that listing verified by anyone else (considering it's a subscription industry mag)? To me that's the only thing pointing to this project ever having existed, whether or not it's still planned to be made or has been significantly delayed or ditched.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

IcedOver wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:39 pm I pop in and out as far as tracking the non-news on this potential project. Question: Do you guys still think it's possible that this is all just a bunch of rumors and fakery, or is it 100% that a project is or was planned? I'm aware of the Production Weekly listing that was shown by one person, but was the veracity of that listing verified by anyone else (considering it's a subscription industry mag)? To me that's the only thing pointing to this project ever having existed, whether or not it's still planned to be made or has been significantly delayed or ditched.
Yeah, I believe others have independently verified the PW listing (although I personally am not going to pay their hefty subscription fee). But the biggest thing for me is the public federal US copyright filing Lynch made for 13 scripts of something entitled ‘Unrecorded Night.’ There is no disputing that at all.
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

There was also that celebrity nudity blog Recapped - hey, apparently they have a great record breaking news - who posted about the project last year, saying it was a limited series for a major streaming service. This lines up enough with what canthaveit later said on Reddit and what Production Weekly reported that I reject the collective mirage theory.
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:07 pm Yeah, I believe others have independently verified the PW listing (although I personally am not going to pay their hefty subscription fee). But the biggest thing for me is the public federal US copyright filing Lynch made for 13 scripts of something entitled ‘Unrecorded Night.’ There is no disputing that at all.
Thanks. I spotted the copyright thing. I assume that has been verified, too?
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

IcedOver wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:25 pm
Mr. Reindeer wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:07 pm Yeah, I believe others have independently verified the PW listing (although I personally am not going to pay their hefty subscription fee). But the biggest thing for me is the public federal US copyright filing Lynch made for 13 scripts of something entitled ‘Unrecorded Night.’ There is no disputing that at all.
Thanks. I spotted the copyright thing. I assume that has been verified, too?
Yeah, it’s a federal US website. He clearly made the filing. And looking at the public records, he historically only copyrights completed scripts.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

iiha_urn_2021.png
iiha_urn_2021.png (429.52 KiB) Viewed 9464 times
- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Mordeen wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:27 pm iiha_urn_2021.png

- Mordeen
Just going by memory, the line is something like, "But something's happening, isn't it, Margaret?"
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Perhaps there are owls at the roadhouse.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
David Lich
Roadhouse Member

Post by David Lich »

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Whatever this is, Badalamenti isn't coming back, is he?

I'd assume Trent Reznor is the natural choice to take over if that's the case.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Why wouldn’t Badalamenti come back?
I would love Trent-Atticus and badalamenti to work together
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

More so than Reznor, I would assume Lynch may stick with Johnny Jewel. Unless, of course, this project has a whole different vibe than Twin Peaks.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Histeria wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:08 am Whatever this is, Badalamenti isn't coming back, is he?

I'd assume Trent Reznor is the natural choice to take over if that's the case.
Lynch made a lot of music himself on Inland Empire. I could imagine him doing the same again (with help from Dean Hurley?)

But obviously the ideal scenario is a Lynch-Badalamenti reunion.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:07 pm
IcedOver wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:39 pm I pop in and out as far as tracking the non-news on this potential project. Question: Do you guys still think it's possible that this is all just a bunch of rumors and fakery, or is it 100% that a project is or was planned? I'm aware of the Production Weekly listing that was shown by one person, but was the veracity of that listing verified by anyone else (considering it's a subscription industry mag)? To me that's the only thing pointing to this project ever having existed, whether or not it's still planned to be made or has been significantly delayed or ditched.
Yeah, I believe others have independently verified the PW listing (although I personally am not going to pay their hefty subscription fee). But the biggest thing for me is the public federal US copyright filing Lynch made for 13 scripts of something entitled ‘Unrecorded Night.’ There is no disputing that at all.
Oh, you're right, just went to the U.S. copyright site and found it myself!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

mtwentz wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:57 am
Mr. Reindeer wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:07 pm
Oh, you're right, just went to the U.S. copyright site and found it myself!

The US copyright is the most compelling thing I find. Antelope Dont Run No More, One Saliva Bubble, Dream of the Bovine werent copyrighted it appears, it seems like he only files scripts when he knows he's actually gonna make the thing like TP Return under Rancho Rosa in 2015. Ronnie Rocket script was copyrighted by American Zoetrope.

Production Weekly takes submissions - there's a submission form on the site. I don't know how much verification they do, if they attempt to call Netflix, or Calvert or Lynch's office to confirm. I personally find the wrong A2k productions email fishy. They have erred in the past with some details on Nolan's Tenet movie, I believe they got asked to retract, and I personally know one D grade guy who got his feature listed in PW , which he never wound up making.

Balthazar Getty's remarks in 2020 I also find pretty compelling that he's been talking to Lynch about a role.

The nudie blog recapped I've looked at. its interesting, but I'm not much of an expert on that site in general.