Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

baxter
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by baxter »

Kind of cruel of them to tease like this!
OneandtheSame

Post by OneandtheSame »

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPp7xOkj53 ... =copy_link

“Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear. #twinpeaks #davidlynch”
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

OneandtheSame wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:33 am https://www.instagram.com/p/CPp7xOkj53 ... =copy_link

Allright Mr. Reindeer, LateReg, Jonah, this is it, the proof we've all been looking for.

What more do we need?!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Yeah I'm not getting my hopes up. Like I said, after the last "announcement" Lynch made, the only way they'll get me to buy it is press conference with Lynch himself and someone from the network (whichever) in attendance.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

I'm manifesting that something, Twin Peaks or whatever else, gets announced next week! Fingers crossed.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Agent Earle wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:14 am Yeah I'm not getting my hopes up. Like I said, after the last "announcement" Lynch made, the only way they'll get me to buy it is press conference with Lynch himself and someone from the network (whichever) in attendance.
Don't be a Debbie Downer! A year from now episode 1 appears, 'Dougie Goes To Buy A Donut', and you'll be stoked/jacked up like the rest of us!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Pinky
RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

Histeria wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:46 pm Set designer is always "on sync."

Including now or just in the past?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPn7TZ9DvP0/
did we ever land on what that weird taped cardboard thing on the wall could be?
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Had the same question. I dont even care about the canon meaning i just wanna know the process during production that led to that being put on the wall.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

The theater insta account uploaded and deleted a video within 5 seconds. I didn't catch it in time.
Screenshot_20210603-164208_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20210603-164208_Twitter.jpg (55.05 KiB) Viewed 4616 times
However, did catch this. Lynch's "Good Day Today" is playing in the video.
proxy_1.gif
proxy_1.gif (556.03 KiB) Viewed 4616 times
Edit: also, Sabrina responded to someone on reddit who asked which insta accounts are official. That's both really endearing and really intimidating to know our discussions are probably being monitored :lol:
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

OneandtheSame wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:33 am https://www.instagram.com/p/CPp7xOkj53 ... =copy_link

#TwinPeaks.......please please please be happening.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

mtwentz wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:42 am

Allright Mr. Reindeer, LateReg, Jonah, this is it, the proof we've all been looking for.

What more do we need?!
TwinsPeak wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:14 am

#TwinPeaks.......please please please be happening.

At first I was sort of dismissive about this until I looked again and realised she added the hashtag "#twinpeaks". Now, unless it's a reference to something in Twin Peaks (is the mirror/object saying a reference to anything?), then this is the strongest social media hint/indication we've had that something is happening. How cool would it be if he's been driven to the studio in that photo. (But I take Earle's point about the non-announcement that led to nothing. And remember Kyle put up a "#wisteria" hashtag and then backpedaled.) This could be saying Twin Peaks is closer than we think - but it also may not be saying that. We'd still be speculating if it was just the image, but the hashtag does seem to make the hint even stronger. So I'm not sure what to think of this one. I'll go with a very optimistic maybe.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Not to be this guy but while the tease of that mirror pic/caption is fun it still just seems like Sabrina posting old set pics and could be from the S3 shoot like all the random set/location scouting pics she's posted recently. I'm still reserving my excitement for an official announcement but unlike the real Debbie Downers I do believe one is coming at some point, just not sure I'm putting much stock in any IG teases yet.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

mtwentz wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:42 am

What more do we need?!
Hey, I'm ready to rock and roll!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Can someone screenshot that?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Ickles wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:49 am Not to be this guy but while the tease of that mirror pic/caption is fun it still just seems like Sabrina posting old set pics and could be from the S3 shoot like all the random set/location scouting pics she's posted recently. I'm still reserving my excitement for an official announcement but unlike the real Debbie Downers I do believe one is coming at some point, just not sure I'm putting much stock in any IG teases yet.
I don’t disagree, but I think the following are all indisputably true:

— Lynch registered the scripts for Unrecorded Night, meaning that they’re likely fully written or very close to that, because he traditionally isn’t someone who seems to copyright outlines or unfinished drafts
— Sabrina is undeniably aware of the swirl of rumors
— Sabrina is going to be involved in any Lynch film or TV project

In light of all of the above, I don’t think she’d stoke the flames with something that any common sense person would read as a tease in light of everything else going on, unless she was doing it intentionally and for good reason. This more than anything else so far makes me think it might in fact be Peaks.

I do agree with you that the photo appears to be from the shooting of TR and not him returning to work in the present day.
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.