Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

All Quiet on the Western Front.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Jonah wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 1:51 pm All Quiet on the Western Front.
I've given up Jonah.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Yeah. Really is a lull on all fronts in recent days apart from Lynch ramping up the non-regular segments of the whether report and these Sabrina pics.

A lull on all fronts, then.

David does seem excited so bless him that's good to see.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Whatever it is, Lynch seems to want to keep it quiet for now, but it doesn't mean nothing is happening. (Though I've also - mostly - given up on speculation, reading into social media posts, etc., though the picture of the sign got me a bit excited lol.)
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Histeria wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:01 pm Lynch ramping up the non-regular segments of the whether report
What does this mean? I don't watch them regularly - I've seen a few but don't follow them.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Yeah, I'm resigned to just wait it out until there's an official word. The guessing games re: social media posts or coy hints in interviews, etc., are fun and all but I won't really be satisfied until there's like a Netflix press release officially announcing the project or something. I have a subscription to Deadline Hollywood's Breaking News alerts, as they break a lot of bigger Hollywood news, and have https://about.netflix.com/en/newsroom bookmarked as they'll drop press releases on there when they're live but unless Mordeen has some more clues for us I might have to sit this out until we have something more concrete to go off of. Thinking I might start a full Lynch re-watch this week, got my Criterion edition of Eraserhead burning a hole in my player.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:03 pm
Histeria wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:01 pm Lynch ramping up the non-regular segments of the whether report
What does this mean? I don't watch them regularly - I've seen a few but don't follow them.
Lots of call backs to songs from the 50s (58 in particular) and just other Lynch weirdness.

The only one I could even begin to get anything from was when he said "I was thinking about polyester resin with a bit of brown and maybe some green mixed in."

Around the time Sabrina posted the green sign (preserved "in resin" in a warehouse?). I hadnt seen the sign yet, though so I just assumed he referred to trees.

The "link" to Sabrina's pic feels a bit too neat to be accurate and she has since then posted a wall-mounted chair that's brown/green too. Trees is a reasonable one, though.

Still doesn't tell us anything (perhaps he really did think about his green wall-mounted chair that morning after sitting in it) but again, he's having fun, has a twinkle in his blacked-out eye, and a giddy excitement in his voice.

And that's nice to see. I'm beginning to find more to appreciate in his enjoyment of his art than whatever art he may or may not bring to Netflix.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

the absence of evidence of anything going on surely means some really big news is about to break!

Now I am really getting excited!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
:wink:
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Tbf to mtwentz, they were saying the absence of evidence is the presence of evidence.
johndaker
Roadhouse Member

Post by johndaker »

mtwentz wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:23 pm the absence of evidence of anything going on surely means some really big news is about to break!

Now I am really getting excited!
"When no events occur simultaneously pertaining to the same object of inquiry, we must always pay strict attention."
mtl
RR Diner Member

Post by mtl »

Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Sherilyn Fenn is posting images of wisteria .... again, as reported by fatecolossal. They seem to be images she's found, not that she's taken herself. Maybe she's gotten caught up in the hype herself. But she seems to be hinting fairly heavily. Idk.

Last edited by Jonah on Tue May 25, 2021 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... be_mostly/
https://livingsnoqualmie.com/southeast- ... WyPlhl4zJo

(Saw this on reddit - it's about the location of the Twin Peaks sign. I know it doesn't mean anything but for those who wish to speculate, have at it!)

Southeast Reinig Road to be Closed for Three Months this Summer for Revetment Project
May 24, 2021 by Melissa Grant

So what is a revetment?

Revetments are used to line the banks of freshwater rivers, lakes, and man-made reservoirs, especially to prevent damage during periods of floods or heavy seasonal rains.[1] Typically they are placed on the outside banks of the bends in the river where the river can be the most damaging. Unlike the construction of a dike, which is basically a large earthen pile, this revetment will consist of large rocks buried below the river bottom to inhibit undermining of the riverbank, more rock on the lower part of the riverbank to resist bank erosion, and vegetated “soil wraps” above the rock to stabilize the upper river bank.

According to the City of North Bend, the Reinig Road Revetment was originally constructed in 1966 to protect the roadway from erosion, but it now also protects power lines and a water supply pipeline. During Snoqualmie River flood events, high flows have undermined the revetment and stripped away large rock protection which has left the riverbank exposed to erosion.

In recent years, high river flows have damaged portions of the revetment. In total, the damaged portions extend approximately 775 feet and are situated across from where the South Fork Snoqualmie River joins the Snoqualmie River. These sections have little armor rock remaining at the face, and erosion continues to widen the damaged areas and is advancing into the riverbank toward the road.[2]

The project goals, according to the Washington State Department of Transportation, are to repair damages and improve stability of the revetment, reducing the potential for further erosion, to do the repair in a manner that minimizes long-term maintenance needs and associated costs and to protect the surrounding habitats as much as possible. This project will also protect the two utilities that run parallel to the river; the Puget Sound Energy Transmission line and the Canyon Springs water supply main.

Repairs to the Reinig Road Revetment will begin between approximately June 15 and Oct. 30, 2021. Southeast Reinig Road will be closed near the project site for construction. The westbound lane will reopen by Sept. 6, 2021. The closure area will be limited to Southeast 81st Street to 428th Avenue Southeast. Local access for emergency vehicles and residents living along this stretch of road will be provided.

(Of course there is no "revetment". It's all a conspiracy as TP Season 4 will be filming there - and for some reason it will take three months to film the sign.)
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

(Also from reddit.)
https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... k_concert/

(The reddit user is claiming they've secretly started filming Season 4 and the "homage" reason used for the music video is a ruse. Others in the comments seem to disagree.)

I'm just posting all this stuff mostly for fun at this stage and to keep the thread alive, I'm not seriously engaging in speculation anymore. But you never know!
Last edited by Jonah on Tue May 25, 2021 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.