Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by JackwithOneEye »

yeah.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Of course, I guess there was no explicit indication of yesterday being the start date - that may have been extrapolation on May in general because it was the first working day. I'm not sure the actual date was ever mentioned anywhere. Do productions usually begin in the first week of a month or even on a Monday or can that vary?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Productionlist.com put Monday the 3rd as the start date. In most cases that would mean principal photography / not pre production stuff.
a lot of shoots do the location stuff first, while sets are being built.

Production weekly didnt list a specific day, they just said May I think.

I think productions start as soon as cast/crew are available/ locked in. Actors tend to be more transient. some shows need to use
the weekend if an actor is only available then.

I seem to remember Miguel Ferrer could only shoot on Fridays and Saturdays on TP Return.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Maybe PW listed May and PL made an assumption based on that and listed a specific date. I'm not sure which one is more reliable, but I think fatecolossal said PW was.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

It's the home of the characters from Lost Highway, if I'm not mistaken.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Agent Earle wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:40 am It's the home of the characters from Lost Highway, if I'm not mistaken.
And where DL lives?
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

dunno if PL and PW that reliable, considering using the wrong A2k email address going to the wrong company. even after it being called out, still using it. but then that gets added to the folklore, Sabrina wants the wrong A2k listed to make things more secret etc
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Random thought. Mark Frost has twice said he's not involved in the new project. IF the new project is TP, could he still have co-written a treatment or script with Lynch but is letting Lynch do the actual filming/taking a hands-off approach and/or they wrote the script or treatment or ideas then had a falling out, but some of the writing is still his and he might have a hands-off executive producer credit too. If any of these scenarios are true, would he still say he's "not involved"? I know this is another question without an answer, but curious what people think/speculate.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

While it's frustrating not to have any more information on this new project, I'm sure Lynch is over the moon happy that there haven't been any more leaks.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

madeleineferguson wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:48 am While it's frustrating not to have any more information on this new project, I'm sure Lynch is over the moon happy that there haven't been any more leaks.
I think people will be monitoring his weather and number videos closely.
garethw wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:07 am
A fun thought popped into my head recently: I wonder if he could start using pre-recorded weather reports. See how long it would take to notice that the report was not actually always accurate for the day. It would be an interesting experiment in perception. And gives him an alibi of being at his workshop while he's actually working on something else somewhere. "Unrecorded night" has a new fun connotation!

And here he is talking about recycling songs!

No hay banda. There is no weather man.

PS. In other news, I have probably been in lockdown too long.

I just had quick scan through his Youtube. He looks the same in all the videos. Almost identical shots of him giving weather reports, sitting in same position, wearing same clothes, same sunglasses. Same with number pulls, wearing same hat, same clothes, standing in same position. Surely it would be easy to film several days of these, even weeks of these, in advance without anyone noticing. Aren't his weather reports a little vague too and could apply to most days? Maybe he's already been doing this for quite awhile!

Take a quick scan of these thumbnails - they all look to have been shot within the same morning lol. https://www.youtube.com/c/DAVIDLYNCHTHEATER/videos
Last edited by Jonah on Tue May 04, 2021 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jonah wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:49 am I think people will be monitoring his weather and number videos closely. I just had quick scan through his Youtube. He looks the same in all the videos. Almost identical shots of him giving weather reports, sitting in same position, wearing same clothes, same sunglasses. Same with number pulls, wearing same hat, same clothes, standing in same position. Surely it would be easy to film several days of these, even weeks of these, in advance without anyone noticing. Aren't his weather reports a little vague too and could apply to most days?
I doubt he’d do that. He’s superstitious and also a creature of habit. The weather, even in Southern California, does change. And I think the number of the day is definitely a superstitious/OCD thing he needs to actually do every day. It would be cheating, I think, in his mind, to do several at a time. Just based on what I’ve read of him.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Don't know about bulk recordings (though I heavily suspect at least a minority of them aren't recorded on the day they're published).

I do, however, feel the numbers aren't always random. Again, can't know for sure but I suspect heated ping pong balls. It's highly likely I'm wrong but I can't shake this feeling.

Edit: three threes in a row just as I posted this :)
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I think Lynch is so superstitious about numbers that he would NEVER rig it.

There was one day where he didn’t say one of his phrases (“Pick a number” or whatever), and he freezes as if he’s deciding whether to cut for a retake or finish. He’s like a deer in headlights. It’s hilarious. The ritual matters to him and he wouldn’t intentionally fuck with it.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Fair enough. You're probably right.

There are some cracking coincidences that have had me wondering if it's evolutionary pattern recognition over stuff that's bound to occur randomly in a large enough dataset, or simply a statistical improbability that requires skepticism.

Stuff like a number not appearing for over 30 days then coming twice in a row. Or the slightly more common 1/1000 chance of three consecutive threes.