Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

enumbs
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by enumbs »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:08 am To me, the Audrey scenes in Return are like having a mini Sam Shepherd or Edward Albee two hander play folded into the tapestry.

I think her character has a "rubber clown suit of negativity" as Lynch describes his pre TM life, she's angry, wants more out of life, and she's blaming external forces like her environment and other people for her distress, unhappiness. the dance could be symbolism for the answers coming from within, re discovering her sexuality, confidence, the things she loves about herself, her waking up, may be self realization with the mirror, taking charge of her own destiny. that may be where her story ends.
Really like your thinking here, particularly regarding the rubber clown suit of negativity. I tend to think of the dance less as Audrey rediscovering herself however, and more as her falling into a delusion that she’s still the person she used to be - a kind of parallel to Cooper’s fantasy of saving Laura etc. I think her staring at herself in a mirror without makeup is akin to Cooper plunging into the netherworld of Part 18; the implication being that the further you drift from reality, the harsher the eventual rude awakening.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I tried to read more optimism into it, so I might be forcing myself to an artificial conclusion, but yeah, enumbs I can go with the dance as a delusion of who she used to be. either way, it seemed to be about facing something internal, and letting go of looking for Billy. and I think the mirror is the end point about the self.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I can definitely see it as the ending to her story, from an inner perspective, but I suppose I was viewing it in a more linear narrative way. That her story would only begin now that she's woken up/no longer in the dreamscape, delusion. Same with the ending to The Return. Maybe Laura/Carrie's story only really begins now (either returning to her teenage self, no longer killed, and/or continuing on in the new world/back to the real world as Carrie) once the scream shattered the dreamscape/delusion. (If that's even what was happening there.)
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Unless filming didn't start this week and really started last week and this is how Coop (Kyle) told us he was beginning his first morning on the set!
https://www.instagram.com/p/COIV9eKnefw/
8)
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Just watched Lynch’s weather report for today. He recycled “Sultans of Swing” as song recommendation, but is now directly asking the KCRW DJs (Anthony and Novena) who rebroadcast his weather forecast to play the song (which I’m assuming they had been before?). Anyway, doesn’t look like he has an intention of stopping.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

What's the chances filming did start secretly today in the studio but nothing leaked/no one saw any activity around the studio and shared it online?
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

great fuckin' song.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

today's number is 3. same as yesterday. it's a double.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Jonah wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:12 pm What's the chances filming did start secretly today in the studio but nothing leaked/no one saw any activity around the studio and shared it online?
A completely unanswerable question unfortunately.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

if u want my 2 cents, i would say close to a zero percent chance @ Calvert.

If Deming is actually DP, and he wrapped on Shotgun Wedding on April 22, and he was in NYC on sunday, May 2nd, doubt he took a 6 hour red eye flight to shoot in Van Nuys on Monday.

if it's actually an 85 mill production with Netflix, I believe they are a signatory with IATSE and other unions at this point, and Van Nuys being in Los Angeles county, union rates would be paid to a pro crew, and it would employ a lot of people, and I feel like leaks would be hard to contain.

IF however, it's more of an indie thing, in the spirit of Inland Empire, Rabbits, and What Did Jack Do, yeah, it's possible they are shooting stuff in Lynch's house and backyard.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Could pre-production begin in May without any or with only a little filming? I mean something more than Zoom meetings but less than full scale filming. That wouldn't necessarily leak, would it?

I'm probably grasping at straws here, but just curious if anything more than Zoom/Skype stuff could be going on and they're managing to contain it. At least for now.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

it's possible. I think you'd have to give the DP prep time.

the people in the zoom pic implies to me it's more of an inland empire deal than TP Return scale.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Could the rumoured budget still be true if that's the case?
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

dunno, only source on the budget is a guy on reddit.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I think he got the working title and a few other things correct, though. Didn't the "Wisteria" thing originate with him? He could still be wrong on the budget, though.