Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

I wonder if the studio existed back then too or was established since. I just remember hearing they rented out a warehouse in Van Nuys for the original series - not sure if there's more information about why, etc. Probably a cost thing. It would be great if the old sets still existed.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

It’s a different studio from the original series. They rented the warehouse because it was cheap and they were a “guerrilla” production as Mark has described it. Similar to why Lynch shot INLAND EMPIRE in a warehouse as opposed to an established studio lot that would cost more (other than the few scenes that actually required shooting on the Paramount lot as a “location” because that’s where On High in Blue Tomorrows was being filmed in the story).

I’m sure those original sets are long gone (note that they rebuilt Ben’s office from scratch on TR, albeit with a few props that were seemingly preserved, like the wooden nameplate). It is interesting that in one of the Usenet posts I recently shared, Mark in an interview indicates that he expected FWWM to use the series sets in addition to Washington State shooting. I do not believe any series sets were actually used in the film. Maybe they preserved them until the film was done, just in case. But after FWWM, they would have been broken down and the components would have been put back into the production “stream.” Sets don’t get preserved indefinitely unless they go to museums, like the Seinfeld diner set.
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

I wouldn't give a single ounce of credence to anything O&A do.

Some may remember that they were admonishing people here for leaks and spoilers, all the while stealing leaks and spoilers from here and claiming they were "in the know."

Meanwool...

PGYU KU EQOKPI

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:40 pm It’s a different studio from the original series. They rented the warehouse because it was cheap and they were a “guerrilla” production as Mark has described it.
Thanks for the insight! I wonder if that was to do with the budget ABC gave them - they could spread it out more that way, or if the network ever has any say in where or what studio a show can be shot in.

I recently saw they recreated some of the FRIENDS sets. I wonder were they stored or also recreated like Ben's office. I suppose they take so many production photos that are probably saved for years that most sets can be recreated for most shows. I loved the sets for the original TP - particularly the Great Northern and all the wood.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jonah wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:48 pm
Mr. Reindeer wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:40 pm It’s a different studio from the original series. They rented the warehouse because it was cheap and they were a “guerrilla” production as Mark has described it.
Thanks for the insight! I wonder if that was to do with the budget ABC gave them - they could spread it out more that way, or if the network ever has any say in where or what studio a show can be shot in.
L/F retained ownership of Peaks as a property. They of course had a distributor (Spelling Entertainment) and a network (ABC), as well as getting some “back end” money from Warners for shooting the “European ending” so the Pilot could be sold overseas as a TV movie or video. But they got far less funding than they would have if they had sold the show to some company outright, relinquishing the copyright and control over the property. It was a really unconventional deal for the time (and even for today), meaning their budget was way smaller than most shows, but they were allowed to do whatever they wanted (other than occasional censor notes from ABC, like “Little Elvis” :D ).
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Mordeen wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:42 pm I wouldn't give a single ounce of credence to anything O&A do.

Some may remember that they were admonishing people here for leaks and spoilers, all the while stealing leaks and spoilers from here and claiming they were "in the know."

Meanwool...

PGYU KU EQOKPI

- Mordeen
I remember this well. Gloating in the suspension of the spoiler thread and saying what terrible secrets were being revealed here when they had been reporting all the rumours straight off of here for months. Hypocrites.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

S1 & S2 were filmed at the old City Studios at 7700 Balboa in Van Nuys. I think it's called Occidental now.

Before the sets were struck, an episode of 'Tales From the Crypt' titled 'Split Second' was filmed there. It's a trip watching another show on those sets.

Here's more info on Calvert:

https://www.twinpeaksblog.com/2019/07/2 ... -van-nuys/
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Jonah wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:59 pm If any shooting does happen next week, is someone likely to leak it or how long could they go and keep it a complete secret?
If Lynch is there you'd have to imagine his weather reports would either stop or their timing would change. That would be a big giveaway.

I can't really imagine shooting happening next week though.
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

Jerry Horne wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:33 pm S1 & S2 were filmed at the old City Studios at 7700 Balboa in Van Nuys. I think it's called Occidental now.

Before the sets were struck, an episode of 'Tales From the Crypt' titled 'Split Second' was filmed there. It's a trip watching another show on those sets.
Whoa! Never knew that... Will have to go back and watch that episode with this in mind. In hindsight, maybe some Pete & Catherine's house vibes..?
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Jerry Horne wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:33 pm S1 & S2 were filmed at the old City Studios at 7700 Balboa in Van Nuys. I think it's called Occidental now.

Here's more info on Calvert:

https://www.twinpeaksblog.com/2019/07/2 ... -van-nuys/
Agent Cooper's room at 15:20!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQKAEdd ... stquickske or https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6u3fn5
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Mordeen wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:42 pm ...

PGYU KU EQOKPI

- Mordeen
PRQGDB?
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

VJG EQY LWORGF QXGT VJG OQQP

Image > Image
Last edited by Soolsma on Sat May 01, 2021 12:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I have no idea if we're doing anagrams here or what. :?
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Mordeen wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:42 pm I wouldn't give a single ounce of credence to anything O&A do.

Meanwool...

PGYU KU EQOKPI

- Mordeen
ZPCYI RFC AMBC, QMJTC RFC APGKC

8)
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

ALL OF THEM WITCHES

COMES WITH THE FALL

ELF SHOT LAME WITCH

HOW IS HELL FACT ME T
Last edited by Jonah on Sat May 01, 2021 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.