Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:26 pm from that canthaveit guy on reddit. which is in no shape or form reliable.
Yeah, that seems unlikely to me. TR was seven months, and I can’t see Lynch wanting to do something that grueling again. That same person also claimed it was 25 episodes, which the copyright filing seems to contradict.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

i'm the skeptical one, i disagree with my premise too. just trying to be nice and playing along since we have nothing to talk about here, and pretty much go in circles over and over.

if Kyle says he's not in it, yeah, usually I take a man at his word.

the canthaveit guy said it was a 200 day shoot. we've discussed canthaveit's intel at least a dozen times now, if not more.
i've pointed out the 25 episode thing being incorrect a few times before,
there's only like five scraps of information fueling this thing, and most episode TV shows that are 10 episodes or more,
are around a 6-9 month shoot.
canthaveit did get the netflix and wisteria names before Production Weekly, so that's why his intel is still in the equation,
he did revise the 25 episode count to 13 at some point.

as far as leading or supporting, DL has consistently cast Kyle as the lead. possible he could be in a supporting role, sure. Jack Nance went from Henry Spencer to cameos in other films. but I was approaching if from the standpoint that usually Kyle is the front man.
Last edited by JackwithOneEye on Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

I guess the single most crucial question all of us have to ask ourselves at this point, after all these hints, rumours, overheard snippets of conversations, speculations, etc., etc., etc., is: Do we really believe a Lynch movie/TV project is gonna start filming in what's basically a week's time, and without a single official word about it? Seems like science fiction to me.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Agent Earle wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:37 pm I guess the single most crucial question all of us have to ask ourselves at this point, after all these hints, rumours, overheard snippets of conversations, speculations, etc., etc., etc., is: Do we really believe a Lynch movie/TV project is gonna start filming in what's basically a week's time, and without a single official word about it? Seems like science fiction to me.
Yes, I believe so. The copyright filing and the Production Weekly blurb are tangible concrete evidence. Sure, things could have changed since then due to budget disputes or something, but it’s not like Lynch has been copyrighting unmade scripts willy-nilly. It seems more likely than not that something is happening.

Now, if you ask me whether it’s Peaks or not, or whether Kyle is in it, I’m much more skeptical/undecided.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I think it's possible yeah, Inland Empire was on the downlow for a few years, and DL likes to be secretive, and he willing to work low tech.

Warner Brothers did ask Production Weekly to remove info that was incorrect in 2019 about Nolan/Tenet.
I would think that people would want the info removed if completely inaccurate.

I wouldnt get my hopes up for a Richard and Linda spin off show tho.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Out of curiosity, has the same info continued to be republished in Production Weekly every week since the initial blurb? Any changes/additions/subtractions? Is the start date still May?
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I've tried to figure that out, but looks like you need to subscribe to PW to look at the listings.

I do remember once upon a time, Kyle Maclachlan was in the cast list on imdb for Inland Empire when it was being shot. He visited one of the shoots and people saw him there , and it got misinterpreted he was in it.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Kyle's post aside (and all the other seeming comments and hints from other cast members last year), I feel like we're all forgetting Brad Duke's recent comment and some other things. Sure, a lot of the social media posts could just be speculation that's being read into too much. But Brad said someone had been contacted about a new project. There's the HMH stuff. The PW stuff. Then there are copyright filings. And of the aforementioned social media posts, the strongest was probably Sabrina's picture, which did look like a Zoom meeting, not just a friendly chat, and she made a point of posting it. Sure, the PW listings and the HMH stuff could be picked apart, but that still leaves the casting comment, the filings, the Zoom picture. I think all of this leads one to believe a Lynch project is forming. Whether or not it's TP/TP-related is still up in the air.

Edit - just saw Mr. Reindeer's post above, which says some of this stuff too. I wrote this before I read all the other comments.
Last edited by Jonah on Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Balthazar Getty also said he was in talks for a new Lynch project, right?
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

yeah, the Balthazar Getty interview is pretty compelling. I listened to it. and I don't think he's a close friend of DL who would cooperate in a What Did Jack Do/ Darkened Room/ Rabbits under the table type project.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:52 pm Out of curiosity, has the same info continued to be republished in Production Weekly every week since the initial blurb? Any changes/additions/subtractions? Is the start date still May?
I think @fatecolossal was updating this regularly on his twitter. There were some weeks the listing didn't appear again at all, not sure if it's since reappeared, think it has but can't remember for sure.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Agent Earle wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:36 pm

Speaking of "Holywood on Hollywood", have you seen Cronenberg's Maps to the Stars?

As for Mank, I just wish Fincher would continue to work on Mindhunter instead.
Nope, but, I have been meaning to check out more Pattinson performances after The Lighthouse, so, maybe I'll put it on the ever growing list list.

More Mindhunter would be nice. And apparently there's some talks of it starting up again. Though, I thought the second season felt .. almost shark jumpy in regard to the storyline of Tench and his kid, and also there was just some stuff that was picked up and dropped (Holden's panic attacks, but, perhaps that's just an issue of single-sitting binge series meaning that elements that might be left over to pick up a season or two later end up feeling odd because the seasons themselves are presented in an immediate self contained format). For crime movies, unless it's like intentionally heightened like Seven or Girl with the Dragon Tatto, the dryer and more clinical the better for me. So, hopefully it goes back to what made S1 really click for me (the dryness, the interviews, the investigations).

I have also heard he's reuniting with Andrew Kevin Walker for another crime film, so, that could be exciting. The biggest bummer is just how much time the guys' spent fiddling around on pre-production for stuff just to get it axed by studios. I still would've loved to see whatever World War Z he would've made, simply because .. well, there must've been *something* there if Fincher was willing to spend a year or two of his time working on the script.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Rudagger wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:50 pm
Agent Earle wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:36 pm Speaking of "Holywood on Hollywood", have you seen Cronenberg's Maps to the Stars?

As for Mank, I just wish Fincher would continue to work on Mindhunter instead.
Nope, but, I have been meaning to check out more Pattinson performances after The Lighthouse, so, maybe I'll put it on the ever growing list list.
I recommend The Rover and Good Time as standout roles.
I'll see you in the trees
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

kingchatterbox wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:27 pmKingchatterbox:
Just came across this podcast interview with Balthazar Getty (posted in May, seems like it was recorded a little earlier?): https://soundcloud.com/deandelray/528-b ... or#t=22:14

He says he's "talking right now" about working with Lynch on something!

He also tells a fun Lost Highway story that I'd never heard.
Yes. Had to retrace it myself, so here it is again for reference. This was a year ago already!
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:30 pm
JackwithOneEye wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:26 pm from that canthaveit guy on reddit. which is in no shape or form reliable.
Yeah, that seems unlikely to me. TR was seven months, and I can’t see Lynch wanting to do something that grueling again. That same person also claimed it was 25 episodes, which the copyright filing seems to contradict.
They later clarified that it was for at least 13 but as many as 25 episodes, as the production paperwork they had seen was designed to give Lynch freedom to edit the footage as he wished. No contradiction with the filing, and the 13 minimum number gels well with what came out later in the copyright filing.