Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Rudagger »

All I'd say is that, I'm someone who loves Lynch, but doesn't necessarily love him so much that I'll watch everything and anything he does (i.e., sue me, I never could finish Inland Empire), a Yogi movie would make me hit the snooze, for sure. And I say that as someone who loves Straight Story, which is ostensibly a boring subject. I just could not care less about a 13 part journey of the roots of meditation. It's like Fincher making Mank: "That's .. really the most interesting thing for you right now?" I'm sure it'd, like Mank, turn out good or whatever, but, it'd be clearly a subject that's so personally interesting to the filmmaker and .. I doubt much anyone else.

I imagine that's just a taste thing though. Like, I remember when the Social Network was announced (just for sake of continuing the Fincher thread), being excited at that concept, and others being put off. There's just certain stuff that puts a few extra levels of resistance between me and my interest: never gave a crap about baseball, but, Moneyball's probably in my Top 10. So, it's not impossible. It's just .. yeah.

I'd also say another 'Hollywood on Hollywood' film would be of pretty low interest for me. I feel like I've had my fill of those themes with Mulholland and Inland as well as the recent rush of those films like Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (which I loved) and the earlier mentioned Mank (which was .. fine). I'm hoping if it's not Peaks, it at least has a bit of a splashier concept than those two potential avenues.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Whatever it is, I want it to be in the mystery genre.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Peter Deming just wrapped up a shoot it appears, if you look at his instagram.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Rudagger wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:25 am All I'd say is that, I'm someone who loves Lynch, but doesn't necessarily love him so much that I'll watch everything and anything he does (i.e., sue me, I never could finish Inland Empire), a Yogi movie would make me hit the snooze, for sure. And I say that as someone who loves Straight Story, which is ostensibly a boring subject. I just could not care less about a 13 part journey of the roots of meditation. It's like Fincher making Mank: "That's .. really the most interesting thing for you right now?" I'm sure it'd, like Mank, turn out good or whatever, but, it'd be clearly a subject that's so personally interesting to the filmmaker and .. I doubt much anyone else.

I imagine that's just a taste thing though. Like, I remember when the Social Network was announced (just for sake of continuing the Fincher thread), being excited at that concept, and others being put off. There's just certain stuff that puts a few extra levels of resistance between me and my interest: never gave a crap about baseball, but, Moneyball's probably in my Top 10. So, it's not impossible. It's just .. yeah.

I'd also say another 'Hollywood on Hollywood' film would be of pretty low interest for me. I feel like I've had my fill of those themes with Mulholland and Inland as well as the recent rush of those films like Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (which I loved) and the earlier mentioned Mank (which was .. fine). I'm hoping if it's not Peaks, it at least has a bit of a splashier concept than those two potential avenues.
Speaking of "Holywood on Hollywood", have you seen Cronenberg's Maps to the Stars?

As for Mank, I just wish Fincher would continue to work on Mindhunter instead.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:26 pm Peter Deming just wrapped up a shoot it appears, if you look at his instagram.
The account is private.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

The account is private.
[/quote]

looks like it's 'Shotgun Wedding' - directed by Jason Moore. Jennifer Lopez is in it.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:20 am
Metamorphia wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:04 am
Jonah wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:58 am Or Lynch called him and lectured him and told him not to say any more (like he did that time Kyle revealed Shelley was supposed to be the killer on SNL) and now this is damage control.
I'm relatively confident something's happening (mainly based on the copyright filings and the Zoom meeting) but the Wisteria hinting did strike me as odd. Unless encouraged/specified to hint by Lynch, it actually seems like quite strange behaviour because it risks letting the cat out the bag before any formal announcement. We know based on The Return that Lynch is obviously very very concerned with leaks and what's public/what isn't.

Must admit I do think the wisteria IG post was probably more random in origin (or loosely tied to Desperate Housewives) but that Kyle's social media management team had one eye on the rumours so cheekily posted it knowing it'd probably get good engagement numbers.
You seriously think Kyle has a 'social media management team'?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It seems blatantly obvious that Kyle knows more about Lynch's forthcoming project than he is letting on at the moment. I don't see him as trolling, this whole thing is just a bit of a tease.
He clearly has people who run his social media. If you think he's as clued up on modern meme culture as he is based on his Twitter timeline then I dunno what to tell you...
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:26 pm Peter Deming just wrapped up a shoot it appears, if you look at his instagram.
Hmm, perfect timing if the Lynch shoot does indeed start in May...
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Deming mentioned Cori in the Deakins podcast. He said she wasnt given access to the full script, that she was just given each day's pages, so not sure how much she would be involved in pre production set stuff.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:20 pm Deming mentioned Cori in the Deakins podcast. He said she wasnt given access to the full script, that she was just given each day's pages, so not sure how much she would be involved in pre production set stuff.
Ha, a script supervisor who doesn’t have access to the script! Lynch is certainly an unconventional filmmaker.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

So how is everyone feeling about Kyle's statement? Did it dampen things down any for you guys and make you think it was just a coincidental and innocuous social media post or do you think he's doing damage control?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jonah wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:36 pm So how is everyone feeling about Kyle's statement? Did it dampen things down any for you guys and make you think it was just a coincidental and innocuous social media post or do you think he's doing damage control?
Without having heard his tone, it seemed like there was a lot of hemming and hawing just in the transcript (“I didn’t put it together that ‘wisteria’ could be connected with the rumored project...I mean, what rumored project?!”...I’m exaggerating for comedic effect, but that’s kind of how it read to me). I was never fully convinced that Kyle actually knew anything anyway. I sort of thought that he had heard the same rumors we had, and was geeking out with his “Lynch fan” hat on just like the rest of us. It certainly seems way too unlikely to be a coincidence (although if his house does indeed have wisteria growing outside the door, perhaps it was?).

Anyway, he didn’t peg it as a Desperate Housewives reference, so there’s that at least. ;)
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

looks like it's third hand heresay on Fate Colassal's page... no video of Kyle saying what he said, so it's hard to pass too much judgment on it.

but if he actually playing a lead role in a 8 month / 13 episode shoot, I think it would be quite difficult for him to lie and bluff and deny for that amount of time.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:16 pm looks like it's third hand heresay on Fate Colassal's page... no video of Kyle saying what he said, so it's hard to pass too much judgment on it.

but if he actually playing a lead role in a 8 month / 13 episode shoot, I think it would be quite difficult for him to lie and bluff and deny for that amount of time.
Where are you getting eight-month shoot from?
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

from that canthaveit guy on reddit. which is in no shape or form reliable.