Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by N. Needleman »

Yeah, I'm still not seeing much evidence for some deep rift. I know several of us had more than one source during the production of S3 and I never heard anything like that. It may be different for other people. But I also doubt a Frost who was truly on the outs with Lynch over the final product would've promoted it so heavily and passionately to major media, speaking about their close corroboration on the ending, etc. right up to and beyond the finale night.

As I say often, I think the fandom loves to extrapolate based on crumbs and invent whole cloth narratives - "Lynch is clearly enfeebled, past it and will never direct again"; "Lynch and Frost clearly hate each other now." I just don't get it when we do that or where it comes from. It is entirely possible Frost and Lynch won't work together again, or that he's not involved with whatever new project may be in the offing. But I personally didn't see any signs of it during the making or release of S3, and there were any number of things many of us just didn't talk about because we were specifically asked not to do that on here.
Last edited by N. Needleman on Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I’ll say that I spoke to Frost at his NYC signing of TSHoTP in October 2016, well after production had wrapped, and while this is of course purely anecdotal (and a promotional event where he stood to benefit financially), he spoke to each of us individually for several minutes and was clearly very enthusiastic about the series. I’ve been to many a signing where fans are sort of rushed through and brushed to the side (including with Lynch himself). The impression I got from Mark was that he was truly grateful and enthusiastic for the finished product.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

writing 2 books back to back with graphics plates and illustrations is a full time job. I wouldnt have expected him to be on set all the time.

In the Conversations with MF book, he says he wasn't involved in the re writes at the end and it was more David's rodeo, that probably bothers him to a certain degree, some of the revisions and improvisations, BUT -- he praises DL quite a bit in the same interviews, he talks about how stressed out he was himself directing Storyville with the responsibilities, and how overwhelming it is having people reminding him to stay on budget, on schedule, and how well Lynch handles it, and is able to be open and receptive and creative and spontaneous in the moment, how actors are fiercely loyal to him, and so on.

I was at that October signing in NYC, i talked to him about The Believers for a minute when he signed my book. I agree, he was very excited about the project throughout that event
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

@Agent Earle and everyone else.

I'm no longer adding more to what I've said. Wait and see, unless the trees block the view.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

Seems like a bunch of posts here were just wiped.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

I don't think any posts are missing are they?! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

I saw a screenshot of a post from April 2 on twitter.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

We may have lost some from April 2nd as the maintenance required rolling back to an older version of the board database.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Great to have the board back.

Let the clue hunting continue.....
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Great to have the board back! About half a dozen of my own posts are missing so not sure how many other posts from others may also be missing. I thought news of a new series might be released while the board was down lol.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
saygoodbyetojack
Roadhouse Member

Post by saygoodbyetojack »

Phew! We’re back 8)
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Thanks Dugpa <3!
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
FullBlossomOfTheEve

Post by FullBlossomOfTheEve »

Thanks

I was spending even more time on dugpa's forum while it was down because I was constantly checking whether the forum was back or not.

Now I can spend my time refreshing it again and again.

I think that the last time I was a sane person was before watching episode 2 (Cooper's dream in the red room) when I was a teenager.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

[ quote="Mordeen" ] Oh, Heidi. . .

- Mordeen

Error 53686527732066756c6c206f662073656372657473 [ / quote ]

My fellow Dugpas, I've just decoded that number and it spells: SHE'S FULL OF SECRETS

Keep a close eye on this fella everyone. Oh,and that Heidi too.

edit: I've removed my unveiling of the decoding method.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Thanks Soolsma (and Mordeen), next would you mind taking a closer look into the possible code signal created by (digitally added) sunlight flares on airplane wings in TPTR? :D
Last edited by eyeboogers on Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.