The Random Twin Peaks Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: The Random Twin Peaks Thread

Post by Jonah »

I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Maybe this is old news for most of you, but I live a sheltered life and barely see the outdoors. Apparently, there's a bird known as the frogmouth, and it's pretty interesting. It's making the rounds today because it was deemed most instagrammable of all birds. It almost looks like an owl, in addition to the obvious frog-moth connotation. Pretty wild.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I really like this poster:

I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

@LateReg: Interesting. I never heard of it.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Jonah wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:29 am
Man, what I would give for a Twin Peaks point-and-click adventure game with those wonderful pixelated characters!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Agent Earle wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:46 pm
Jonah wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:29 am
Man, what I would give for a Twin Peaks point-and-click adventure game with those wonderful pixelated characters!
Think the closest we have is Maniac Mansion.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Good call! The indie adventure game Kathy Rain's supposed to be heavily influnced by Peaks but I noticed hardly any similiarities when I played it recently, except that both properties deal with supernatural realm to some extent. I hate these kinds of lazy comparisons!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Alan Wake is similar too.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Or this. Shoutout to Deadly Premonition! One might go as far as to call it a rip off. A coffee loving FBI agent, making voice recorded notes to a mysterious figure. Heck, there's a lady with a pot instead of a log.
I mean, they even cut/changed content because it was too much like Peaks, or for whatever reason. It was called ''rainy woods'' as a working title before release. They had two midgets in chairs.

[edit: wow.. just found a trailer for Rainy Woods, it looks like a mashup between TP and a Saw movie: https://youtu.be/PMZmCFogWlg WEIRD ]
Last edited by Soolsma on Sat May 01, 2021 5:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

My most surrealist gaming experience was probably antichamber
Last edited by Soolsma on Sat May 01, 2021 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Oh, that's weird you posted that - I think I was thinking of Rainy Woods but couldn't remember the name. I never played it but read about it or saw clips. Is that the one with the diner?
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

It's called Deadly Premonition, the working title was Deadly woods, and yes, it has a (n obviously inspired by TP) diner.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I remember reading about it and/or seeing clips, must be a long time ago - but my brain (vaguely) remembers the diner bit for some reason lol.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

This scene is so good. Was it really improvised?
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I love this scene. I love all the Missing Pieces. Such a gift we finally got to see them all.