The Random Twin Peaks Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Re: The Random Twin Peaks Thread

Post by Stavrogyn »

I cringe at this idea, and greatly prefer they shot it like they did. It would have been a completely different show!

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, so I don't know the details, but I cannot believe Lynch would actually consider shooting one of his biggest projects on telephones. Maybe he just mentioned this at one point to paint a clearer picture about his preference to work on a simpler scale, but I doubt he would really consider this option if he had the opportunity.

By the way, I always loved this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

the Deakins/Deming podcast is great. loved it. the Gary Busey anecdote made me laugh.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Stavrogyn wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:00 amMaybe he just mentioned this at one point to paint a clearer picture about his preference to work on a simpler scale, but I doubt he would really consider this option if he had the opportunity.
That's how it reads to me. It seems what he's really saying is, under different circumstances, Lynch would have embraced whatever he wanted regarding technical whims.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

AXX°N N. wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:33 am
Stavrogyn wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:00 amMaybe he just mentioned this at one point to paint a clearer picture about his preference to work on a simpler scale, but I doubt he would really consider this option if he had the opportunity.
That's how it reads to me. It seems what he's really saying is, under different circumstances, Lynch would have embraced whatever he wanted regarding technical whims.
There are some iPhone shots in the show. For instance, the shot of Laura screaming as she is “pulled” out of the Red Room. You can see them shooting this with a phone in the Jason S. documentary.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

From reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... vertising/

Youtube video in post:
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I don't think the laura scream was an iphone. i think it was possibly a blackmagic DSLR camera.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:44 pm I don't think the laura scream was an iphone. i think it was possibly a blackmagic DSLR camera.
You’re right, I misremembered! I think I was confusing it with Sabrina using an iPhone to film Riley petting the white horse. But that was just a lark, not something that was actually intended for the show.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Someone on reddit posted this link to an article that mentions two Japanese books I hadn't heard of before.

https://www.nytimes.com/1992/08/02/movi ... japan.html
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

From reddit, a nice LFB post for a change:

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... d_her_she/
Attachments
Untitledtp.jpg
Untitledtp.jpg (186.66 KiB) Viewed 3741 times
Last edited by Jonah on Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Also from reddit, a photo of Sheryl Lee as Maddy before the Just You/vision scene in Episode 9.
Attachments
hl80qntf27v61.jpg
hl80qntf27v61.jpg (68.65 KiB) Viewed 3741 times
Last edited by Jonah on Mon May 03, 2021 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

Sheryl Lee is so pretty.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Cool post from r/TheCrushSoda on reddit:

"So it’s my first time watching the show and I’ve finally reached the dreaded “bad” episodes that everyone always warned me about.

I really enjoy them (for the most part) and am surprised how hated they are. I just finished S02E15 and I’m honestly enthralled with almost every storyline, especially the Windom Earle stuff, he currently has Leo captive and it’s pretty riveting television. I also loved the Major Briggs vanishing storyline, Nadine beating up Hank (and then later crawling into bed with Norma and Ed in the most hilarious way possible) and Bobby/Audrey spending more time together.

We’re also getting a lot of information about the White Lodge and Black Lodge in these episodes which I’m sure will be important moving forward with the series, I’m glad I’m not skipping these episodes as I’ve seen so many suggest online over the years. I’ve also laughed harder in these episodes than I have in the previous ones, there’s some great bits of humour here.

I was told that after watching Twin Peaks I would see its influence everywhere, and that’s definitely the case so far. The Windom/Leo dynamic of a hatable character being tortured by an even more hatable character definitely reminds me of Ramsey/Theon from Game of Thrones as the most recent example.

Also, I’m curious how I always hear that David Lynch wasn’t involved in this stretch of episodes. It almost seems hard to believe since he’s appeared in one so far and we’re learning so much interesting lore that seems like he’d have wanted to audience to know about."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Worden

Today I Learned, that the actor who played the Waiter in Season 2 of Twin peaks was born in 1901! That’s 120 years ago!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

krishnanspace wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:56 am https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Worden

Today I Learned, that the actor who played the Waiter in Season 2 of Twin peaks was born in 1901! That’s 120 years ago!
Twin Peaks was his last role. He was 89/90 when he filmed it.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Yeah.. but the fact that he was born 120 years ago amazes me