The Random Twin Peaks Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Re: The Random Twin Peaks Thread

Post by LateReg »

Soolsma wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:21 pm I don't really see how that debunks or confirms anything, really. Also, if the character we saw for the majority of the time, then who was the (seemingly much different) Audrey who was looking in the mirror? Or are they the very same? The disheveled hair and no makes me think: no, not at all. I got some heavy MD vibes there. Could be Odessa Audrey, who knows.
As for this article, I feel it's title is quite contradictory with it's content, and takes Fenn's words very much out of context. I'm with DKL on this one, not really with Fenn, neither with the fan theorists; understanding is overrated.
Whatever Screen Rant is about, it's first and foremost about clicks. It seems like they have an article on Twin Peaks almost every day, and if they have an article on Twin Peaks that often, then they must also have articles about everything else, too. It just seems like a constant outpouring of content with very little meaning. Fun enough, but very little of substance. Also I don't think Fenn would know one way or the other, although she and Lynch were obviously exchanging some whispery ideas while filming (as per the fascinating BTS clips).
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I didn't even read the article. Usually I either read them or at least skim, but it was late night or early morning (forget which lol). I also posted a Daily Mail one in the S4 thread. I posted this one here, meaning to get back to it (as that way I wouldn't lose it like if I bookmarked it) and in case it was of interest to anyone else, TP news being slim and far between right now. The title sounded interesting - and I am interested in Audrey's character in The Return, especially as it was changed last minute. I always thought of her as "real" though (depending on the context), even if she's not - she very much is! I find her character one of the more fascinating things about The Return. Hope we see more of her if they ever continue with the show.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

What seems like half the cast of Twin Peaks is attending Lexington Comic Con in March if anyone's interested.

https://twitter.com/lex_con/status/1457 ... _cn1g&s=19

Confirmed so far with more apparently to be announced:
Ray wise
Sheryl Lee
Sherilyn Fenn
Kimmy Robertson
Dana Ashbrook
Harry Goaz
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Northern Exposure TP reference

More here: https://www.twinpeaks.tv/2011/07/refere ... peaks.html

Also created a thread here: http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4337
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

‘Twin Peaks’: 7 Damn Fine TV Homages to David Lynch’s Influential Series
https://www.indiewire.com/2017/05/twin- ... 201818775/
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

I don't know if this was ever posted, maybe it was, but just in case, since it's great... La La Land as directed by David Lynch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-suOHm ... oviesandTV

It's better than the actual film :)
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Stavrogyn wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:21 pm I don't know if this was ever posted, maybe it was, but just in case, since it's great... La La Land as directed by David Lynch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-suOHm ... oviesandTV

La La Land has been on my very long To Watch list but still haven't gotten around to it. I'm interested in the Hollywood aspects (particularly the scenery in that one sequence on the poster) but the musical element puts me off. Is it a good watch overall? Or no?
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:02 am
Stavrogyn wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:21 pm I don't know if this was ever posted, maybe it was, but just in case, since it's great... La La Land as directed by David Lynch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-suOHm ... oviesandTV

La La Land has been on my very long To Watch list but still haven't gotten around to it. I'm interested in the Hollywood aspects (particularly the scenery in that one sequence on the poster) but the musical element puts me off. Is it a good watch overall? Or no?
It's one of the best films of the 21st century as far as I'm concerned. Only musical I've ever liked, along with the South Park movie if we count animation.
Last edited by Histeria on Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Thanks. I'll keep it on the list then, maybe move it up!
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Jonah wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:02 am

Is it a good watch overall? Or no?
You should definitely watch it, but I'm afraid I don't share Histeria's opinion. I don't consider La La Land bad, but it's one of those films I like to criticize because everyone raves about it, and a lot of those people don't know anything about the genre. I'm a fan of film musicals, my favourites being Moulin Rouge! (2001) and Cabaret (1972); however, my very favourite period is the golden age of Hollywood musicals, from the 1930s to 1950s, and I feel that some elements of this film were just very pale in comparison. Ryan Gosling is obviously quite a superior actor to Fred Astaire, for example, but in terms of dancing and singing, they're just two different worlds, so the musical aspect of this film was, at least to me, rather weak. It just made me want to say to all of the people who loved it: "Go watch the classics!"

(I also had issues with the story, but I won't get into that, because you haven't seen it yet.)

I like the song City of Stars, though. I listen to it quite often. And I know I should probably rewatch the film, and give it a second chance.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (155.33 KiB) Viewed 5666 times
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Happy Holidays everyone!
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Not really sure where else to put this so I guess I’ll post it here

“Is it about the bunny” for some reason has stuck with me for a while. All of a sudden I just realized that Laura in S1 on the tapes she sends to Jacoby starts off with “What’s Up Doc?”, the catchphrase of Bugs Bunny. Add on top of that Jack Rabbit’s Palace and the fact that Odessa, Texas is home to the world’s largest statue of a Jack Rabbit there has to be some kind of underlying connection here. Not sure if this has all been widely known and I’m just late to the party!
"Jade give two rides."
mtl
RR Diner Member

Post by mtl »

still bugs bunny me since that scene first aired
Hawk is a legend
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Jonah wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:12 am Happy Holidays everyone!
I watched the creepy 1986 movie version of The Nutcracker over the holidays. Since it takes place inside a dream, all I could think of is what David Lynch’s version of The Nutcracker would look like :lol: .

I think we should start a petition.