The Random Twin Peaks Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Re: The Random Twin Peaks Thread

Post by Rainwater »

Laura Palmer goes on Tumblr.jpg
Laura Palmer goes on Tumblr.jpg (362.1 KiB) Viewed 9078 times
I'll see you in the trees
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Didn't want to start a whole new thread and wasn't really sure where to ask this: Did Frost and Lynch ever sit down together for a filmed interview or press conference back in the day? I assume they must have, but it occurs to me that I don't believe I've ever actually seen the two interact (aside from still photos). Which is kind of mind-boggling.
keatonshat
Roadhouse Member

Post by keatonshat »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Didn't want to start a whole new thread and wasn't really sure where to ask this: Did Frost and Lynch ever sit down together for a filmed interview or press conference back in the day? I assume they must have, but it occurs to me that I don't believe I've ever actually seen the two interact (aside from still photos). Which is kind of mind-boggling.
There was the interview/press thing where they were talking about C.O.O.P and the cancellation and there was clips of them side by side during the Alan Thicke hosted special
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

The only one I remember is the ABC special hosted by Alan Thicke... "... You have to wonder just how thought out Twin Peaks really is."

(Standing side by side on the Double R set)
Lynch: Not too thought out.
Frost: VERY thought out!
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Audrey Horne wrote:The only one I remember is the ABC special hosted by Alan Thicke... "... You have to wonder just how thought out Twin Peaks really is."

Heh that sounds about right. Thanks, I'll have to search both those interviews out! I truly believe that they're friends and collaborators, but it's kind of odd to realize how infrequently they present a "unified front" to the public. It's difficult -- almost comical -- to imagine how their personalities mesh.
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

Audrey Horne wrote:The only one I remember is the ABC special hosted by Alan Thicke... "... You have to wonder just how thought out Twin Peaks really is."

This is just great; thanks!
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Heh that sounds about right. Thanks, I'll have to search both those interviews out! I truly believe that they're friends and collaborators, but it's kind of odd to realize how infrequently they present a "unified front" to the public. It's difficult -- almost comical -- to imagine how their personalities mesh.
At 3:15

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Thanks! It's nice to see them bounce the ball back and forth. I really hope they do more promotional appearances together this season.
The Jumping Man
RR Diner Member

Post by The Jumping Man »

Just noticed that the countdown clock doesn't appear to have been adjusted for Daylight Saving Time. We're actually an hour closer than it seems!
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I'm surprised anew on every rewatch how criminally underutilized Grace Zabriskie was. After Episode 4, she has a voice-only cameo in Episode 5 (possibly reused from another episode? She's not credited), then disappears until Episode 8....appears in Coop's dream in reused footage from the Pilot in Episode 9, disappears again until Episode 12, where she has one damn scene sitting silently in the background of Leland's bail hearing. I haven't watched 13 yet, but a quick search of the script showed only one mention of Sarah, no appearance. So that's one on-screen speaking appearance over the course of 9 consecutive episodes. And of course she disappears entirely from 15 to 28.

DKL-directed episodes seemed to consistently re-inject her into the series (as with Ronette and the Laura-centric storylines in general). Maybe this was partially a coincidence, since some of those appearances were scripted and not by him, but I'm hopeful that his love of the actor (and the good omen of BTW) means we're going to see a good amount of her. She's only gotten better over the years, as IE and BTW prove.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:I'm surprised anew on every rewatch how criminally underutilized Grace Zabriskie was. After Episode 4, she has a voice-only cameo in Episode 5 (possibly reused from another episode? She's not credited), then disappears until Episode 8....appears in Coop's dream in reused footage from the Pilot in Episode 9, disappears again until Episode 12, where she has one damn scene sitting silently in the background of Leland's bail hearing. I haven't watched 13 yet, but a quick search of the script showed only one mention of Sarah, no appearance. So that's one on-screen speaking appearance over the course of 9 consecutive episodes. And of course she disappears entirely from 15 to 28.

DKL-directed episodes seemed to consistently re-inject her into the series (as with Ronette and the Laura-centric storylines in general). Maybe this was partially a coincidence, since some of those appearances were scripted and not by him, but I'm hopeful that his love of the actor (and the good omen of BTW) means we're going to see a good amount of her. She's only gotten better over the years, as IE and BTW prove.
Isn't there a voice cameo in ep. 15 and a scene in ep. 17?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

I'm disappointed that we haven't seen Grace Zabriskie in any of the promo thus far. I'm scared that it could be indicative of a small role in the new material.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

mtwentz wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:I'm surprised anew on every rewatch how criminally underutilized Grace Zabriskie was. After Episode 4, she has a voice-only cameo in Episode 5 (possibly reused from another episode? She's not credited), then disappears until Episode 8....appears in Coop's dream in reused footage from the Pilot in Episode 9, disappears again until Episode 12, where she has one damn scene sitting silently in the background of Leland's bail hearing. I haven't watched 13 yet, but a quick search of the script showed only one mention of Sarah, no appearance. So that's one on-screen speaking appearance over the course of 9 consecutive episodes. And of course she disappears entirely from 15 to 28.

You're right of course about 17 -- my subconscious keeps trying to block that damn wake scene from my mind! I don't remember the Episode 15 cameo, but I'll take your word for it. Still insane how little resolution her arc was given.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Snailhead wrote:I'm disappointed that we haven't seen Grace Zabriskie in any of the promo thus far. I'm scared that it could be indicative of a small role in the new material.
She's one of Lynch's favorites. I think Zabriskie fans will be satisfied. Even if she has a small role, I think it'll be an all the more powerful one.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
mtwentz wrote:

You're right of course about 17 -- my subconscious keeps trying to block that damn wake scene from my mind! I don't remember the Episode 15 cameo, but I'll take your word for it. Still insane how little resolution her arc was given.
In Episode 15, right before Leland is about to leave the Palmer House with Maddy's body, you hear Sarah's voice calling from upstairs asking Leland to run some type of errand (she's obviously hungover from being drugged the night before). Don't remember is she is credited for that episode or not, but I think it is definitely Grace's voice.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly