Your reactions when the first episode hits

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

beano
Roadhouse Member

Re: Your reactions when the first episode hits

Post by beano »

1. Crying

ive already cried a few times since the initial announcement. i imagine theres gonna be a lot more of it..
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

At this point in time I can't even begin to wonder what sitting down to a new episode of Twin Peaks will feel like.

I still remember the crushing devastation I felt as a 12 year old watching that final scene with Dale Cooper. For us fans to get another go at this show and for that character to potentially get himself out of the Lodge is something I never imagined would happen.

I have a feeling I will sit in silence with shivers running up my spine for the duration of the episode. If they keep the same theme tune, I'll likely shed a tear or two.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Aqua
Roadhouse Member

Post by Aqua »

Will totally depend on what AB and them conjur as a theme song, have to trust that irrespective of what will be in the 1st or next particular eps. That if they don't decide to change following one theme across the run of the series this time around, but then especially it would be an interchanging combination of all the aforementioned and more regardless
chalfont
Roadhouse Member

Post by chalfont »

According to my dreams over the last year or so, I will be confused and disappointed. I think I've had 5 or 6 dreams allready about watching the first new episode.
Probably, and hopefully, I won't be disappointed - I just can't imagine that happening...
I am a super-nostalgic, and I think my respons to the first episode will be very emotional, along with thrilling, joy, happiness and wonder. Can't imagine I will get much sleep the following night.....
DirkG
RR Diner Member

Post by DirkG »

I can't predict my reactions. Because then they aren't reactions but plans.

But I plan on watching it with coffee. In the darkness. Maybe with a bit of alcohol but I'm not sure.

I hope they keep the old theme tune as well. I've been thinking if the new season is vastly darker and different than the original (as is likely), it will only make more impact if the theme tune stays the same. The contrast will be sharper, which is only a good thing.
Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

Snailhead wrote:My only requirement is to be alone, ha. I'll enjoy rewatching with family/friends, but I gotta be alone the first time I see each episode.

Agree 100%