New Merchandise Roundup (Officially Licensed)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

rainbow battle kid

Re: New Merchandise Roundup (Officially Licensed)

Post by rainbow battle kid »

ozziejohn wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:30 pm Gee, just wandered over to the Showtime store online and I just can't believe how crappy their designs continue to be. They keep pumping out the blandest stuff imaginable. It's so sad given that there are so many creative individuals out there making inspired Twin Peaks art, but Showtime insist on using clip-art quality design studios - for example: https://store.sho.com/collections/twin- ... sweatshirt

Really disappointing.

AND they don't post to Australia for the rare things that I DO want....
I'm bummed I missed out on so many of the designed-by-DL stuff like the prints of the map, etc, and the shirts with his art. i didn't realize they'd be a limited thing so I totally slept on em

Snagged the coffee mug with his pie/donut/coffee sketches on it while it's still up!
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

If any of you guys remember the 2010 round of 20th anniversary merch… that set the standard for me. Really makes 95% of s3 merch look lazy.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

100%
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Brad D wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:30 pm If any of you guys remember the 2010 round of 20th anniversary merch… that set the standard for me. Really makes 95% of s3 merch look lazy.
I don't actually, anyone care to give a run-down?
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

most of the items seemed to be things that would exist in the world of TP - re-purposed antigue coffee mugs in the style of the sheriff's dept, stationery set from the Great Northern, an apron from the mill, and a Big Ed's Gas Farm shirt were a few I remember. What else?

I guess its okay to reveal this now, but a second wave would have entailed a One Eyed Jack's poker set. Damn. I would have loved that. When Beymer began selling more of his prints around this time, I took overtime shifts to afford all of it :lol:
saygoodbyetojack
Roadhouse Member

Post by saygoodbyetojack »

Brad D wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:51 am most of the items seemed to be things that would exist in the world of TP - re-purposed antigue coffee mugs in the style of the sheriff's dept, stationery set from the Great Northern, an apron from the mill, and a Big Ed's Gas Farm shirt were a few I remember. What else?

I guess its okay to reveal this now, but a second wave would have entailed a One Eyed Jack's poker set. Damn. I would have loved that. When Beymer began selling more of his prints around this time, I took overtime shifts to afford all of it :lol:

Wow that sounds fantastic :D
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

oh, duh, I forgot the hand drawn maps by Lynch, that were mentioned above
rainbow battle kid

Post by rainbow battle kid »

Is there an existing discussion for non-Peaks Lynch stuff? I only just found out about Studio David Lynch and a lot of it looks like cheapish junk with some cool art on it, but there's also like, possibly-decent wall art, etc

Is there other similar stuff I might not know about? Especially with his art or whatever.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

I remember seeing some pretty darn cool plates (yes, plates you eat off, I guess?) at Festival of Disruption 2016. They were an absurd amount of money, but still really cool. They looked like the floor of the Fireman's home!
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

rainbow battle kid wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:59 pm Is there an existing discussion for non-Peaks Lynch stuff? I only just found out about Studio David Lynch and a lot of it looks like cheapish junk with some cool art on it, but there's also like, possibly-decent wall art, etc

Is there other similar stuff I might not know about? Especially with his art or whatever.
Yeah, per Brad, there was stuff at the Festivals of Disruption. The only other recent thing beside that and Studio David Lynch I can think of would be the merch stands at the premiere of S3, I think there was just regular Lynch stuff there. Google/ebay might prove rewarding for those.

Before that was a rather long dry spell, and then way back when there was Lynch's website. You can browse the old store here for funsies: https://web.archive.org/web/20070203062 ... store.html

Most of the stuff there, beside the Distorted Nudes, is basically lost to time and I've never seen it on ebay.
Last edited by AXX°N N. on Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Brad D wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:51 am most of the items seemed to be things that would exist in the world of TP - re-purposed antigue coffee mugs in the style of the sheriff's dept, stationery set from the Great Northern, an apron from the mill, and a Big Ed's Gas Farm shirt were a few I remember.
I’m not a merch collector, but it can be fun to look at. I remember the repurposed coffee mugs, and those might be the best non-media Twin Peaks product I’ve seen. That was a great idea. I agree that this kind of stuff is better when it’s more natural and immersive. There were a few things somewhat like that in the latest round. The owl cave ring, the sweaters and RR uniforms, the Sheriff’s Dept. hats (though that’s just sticking a patch onto hats), Cooper’s Great Northern key chain, and few other things. I also think that the ceramic pie dish was pretty nice even though it's not quite in this category.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

I'm still hoping someday we get a bowling ball set, with Laura and BOB in their corresponding orbs. Guess I'm giving up hope for any more action figures. Mr. C / Dougie / Carrie / Diane would have been cool to go along with what we got!
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Brad D wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:50 pm Guess I'm giving up hope for any more action figures. Mr. C / Dougie / Carrie / Diane would have been cool to go along with what we got!
You could try whittling some yourself! After all, that's what you do in a town where a yellow light still means slow down, not speed up.

I also think it would be hilarious to carve a functioning Josie drawer pull. I think that would actually be a great product.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Jasper, how in the world has no one had that idea yet? I’d buy one!

(I have zero skills at 3-d art, but with 3-d printers, I’ve seen some amazing custom figures produced lately in other genres)
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Brad D wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:02 pm Jasper, how in the world has no one had that idea yet? I’d buy one!

(I have zero skills at 3-d art, but with 3-d printers, I’ve seen some amazing custom figures produced lately in other genres)
You know, as I was just about to post that I thought, wait a minute, in all of these years someone must have done that. So I did a quick google search, but I didn’t see anything.

Woodcarvers, I strongly encourage this project!