NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by Jerry Horne »

Yes, there is pop up Twin Peaks store at the Fest of Disruption with new merchandise.

Reminder, there is a thread for the Fest here: http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 843#p59843

:D
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-10-07 at 1.06.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-07 at 1.06.05 PM.png (697.06 KiB) Viewed 9754 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
saygoodbyetojack
Roadhouse Member

Post by saygoodbyetojack »

Very cool Jerry!
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

If that's the entry booth and there's no teaser or trailer (or one left unreleased to the public outside the Festival), this is a new kind of sadism heretofore unknown to man.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

From our very own Woodsman:
Attachments
CuMQVOyVUAAfuJ4.jpg
CuMQVOyVUAAfuJ4.jpg (385.93 KiB) Viewed 9735 times
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Okay, this is my last unhinged message about this (for now): I'd totally go if I had anything decent to wear and tix weren't like $200. Oy.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

N. Needleman wrote:If that's the entry booth and there's no teaser or trailer (or one left unreleased to the public outside the Festival), this is a new kind of sadism heretofore unknown to man.
I Agree!!
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

It may be off-topic but, does anyone else actually want this to be the end of Twin Peaks? Not in a 'i hate it why won't it die' kind of way, but in that, as for me at least, I want this next season to have an air of finality about it. Of things coming to an end. Not neccessarily in a depressive Fire Walk with Me kind of plunge into despair, however moving that may be, but I think Lynch at least writes really stunningly emotional closers to his films, even if plot lines still hang at loose ends.

At least in my opinion, if this season ends on a cliffhanger, or even promises more, I'll be disappointed. Sounds perverse I know, but Twin Peaks deserves a truly spectacular ending, and I feel now is the right time.
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member

Post by Eater of Iguanas »

Trudy Chelgren wrote:It may be off-topic but, does anyone else actually want this to be the end of Twin Peaks? Not in a 'i hate it why won't it die' kind of way, but in that, as for me at least, I want this next season to have an air of finality about it. Of things coming to an end. Not neccessarily in a depressive Fire Walk with Me kind of plunge into despair, however moving that may be, but I think Lynch at least writes really stunningly emotional closers to his films, even if plot lines still hang at loose ends.

At least in my opinion, if this season ends on a cliffhanger, or even promises more, I'll be disappointed. Sounds perverse I know, but Twin Peaks deserves a truly spectacular ending, and I feel now is the right time.
I'm with you, pretty much. Honestly, my attitude is, "Whatever they want to give us, as long as it's amazing," but my strong impression is they intend this to be a wrap, and that seems the best choice to me. Further seasons means potentially more pressure from the suits to perform to certain expectations and more chances that Lynch gets distracted again. It's hard for me to see him, at his age and with all his interests and commitments, undertaking the exhausting task of producing several hours of high-quality cinematic material every year. Even younger whipper-snappers (like Parker & Stone on South Park, Benioff & Weiss on Game of Thrones) talk about how exhausting running a show year after year is. And I have little interest in a TP with reduced Lynch involvement. All respect to Frost's hard work in keeping the wheels turning, but DL is the magic elixir.

Besides, if S3 is as long as it sounds (my working guess is roughly 18 hours based on tidbits we've heard), that's equivalent to most of the original run (24 hours by my calculation). Plenty of time for us to get satisfaction.

What I would love to see is Lynch (who, budget spat aside, seems really happy with his experience on S3) producing other, shorter work for Showtime. Maybe Ronnie Rocket finally blasts off? Or One Saliva Bubble? I'd enjoy seeing Frost do a show for them, too.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

No.

After these 20 hours or so, I would like a further 20 hours with a certain actor who is apparently missing now.
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

Who?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:No.

After these 20 hours or so, I would like a further 20 hours with a certain actor who is apparently missing now.
This 100%
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

ForKeeps wrote:Who?
Ontkean.
saygoodbyetojack
Roadhouse Member

Post by saygoodbyetojack »

I also want more TP after this. And some more after that too.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

What seems weird to me about this whole hypothesis is... it's not like he'll be less retired in 2018? I'd be all for 20 hours of the Hawaiian adventures of Dale and Harry, but if it wasn't feasible in 2015, why would it be 3+ years later?
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

laughingpinecone wrote:...if it wasn't feasible in 2015, why would it be 3+ years later?
Circumstances and situations change. Sometimes people just change their mind. Only a few people know what's going on and they're not talking.