NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

indyit wrote:I think the whole looking for jacket to not being in the show probably stems from him finding out he was meant to keep his appearance a secret and then backtracking.
Unlikely. Brad said Ontkean fully intended to be in the show and pulled out due to a personal issue. Which isn't to say that he might not pop up via a Skype call to Coop from Hawaii or something, but I don't think the original plan was for Harry to be a top secret character.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

This is very weird Kathleen Deming stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK_xGIb5YJs

So many questions...
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
BEARisonFord
RR Diner Member

Re: RE: Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by BEARisonFord »

douglasb wrote: So you think there are going to be what, 400 cast members? 900? Or 230?
I have no idea. All I know is, it's rather shortsighted to assume every single person we see on screen, speaking lines, is on that list from a year ago. Most of that is just a logical assumption considering how many locations they are using, the scope of the project, and just a general understanding of how shows like these work. I'm sure there was a point to including those specific names on that list, but I just don't see how anyone could consider it definitive, especially given the info we have and the limited footage we've seen.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Ross wrote:As posted elsewhere, insiders have said things did not work out with Piper.
Dang. :? However.... IF they were going to pull another Fumio, wouldn't they say that? ;) :P

That's a shame if it's the case, though. I'd love to see Catherine again.
Ross wrote:The original has many parts that were never credited. I don't think anyone has ever identified who played young Ben & Jerry for instance.
Wow! In all these years never heard that before. That's very interesting trivia. Is anyone else unidentified?

(Jerry - did you ever try to find out who they were and track them down for an interview?)
Saturn's child wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:I'm now imagining that Piper Laurie plays Catherine in a Tojamura-esque disguise...and NEVER outs herself. The show ends and, aside from a quietly giggling Laurie and Lynch, no one ever knows she was in it.
This would be great.
Yep, that really would be great!
Mr. Reindeer wrote: Unlikely. Brad said Ontkean fully intended to be in the show and pulled out due to a personal issue. Which isn't to say that he might not pop up via a Skype call to Coop from Hawaii or something, but I don't think the original plan was for Harry to be a top secret character.
I'd take it. Better than nothing! And with technology as it is now and the fact that the series is set in modern times, something like that is actually a possibility.
Last edited by Jonah on Fri May 12, 2017 9:57 am, edited 5 times in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

indyit wrote:So close, I can nearly taste the scorched engine oil...

Mordeen, i'll trust what you're saying is true. Heck just thinking about it logically, that list is the most persuasive list we've got to who's in the show, but considering how long ago it was published and the editing etc. that has happened since, it's not the be all end all.

The appearance of Kathleen Deming (if that is her real name...) also hints towards the list not being conclusive. I think it's fair to expect a few surprises along the way. I think Lynch was comfortable enough that he wanted everyone to know and to allow said actors to promote the show, so he made sure to include people like Ray Wise and Sheryl Lee in that list. We're going to get a few surprises.

From the old cast not returning, I think the most likely candidates are Heather Graham and a cameo from Ontkean. I think the whole looking for jacket to not being in the show probably stems from him finding out he was meant to keep his appearance a secret and then backtracking. I think considering the importance placed on Annie, she needs to have some form of appearance in the show even if it's brief.

Can't really think of anyone else. LFB, Chen and Laurie seem too unlikely now and a bit pointless keeping secret.

I think it'd be awesome, and completely possible there's a Chris Isaak and/or Keifer Sutherland cameo though.
How does one reply to this without getting banned?

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
MasterMastermind
RR Diner Member

Post by MasterMastermind »

Mordeen wrote:

Mordeen, i'll trust what you're saying is true. Heck just thinking about it logically, that list is the most persuasive list we've got to who's in the show, but considering how long ago it was published and the editing etc. that has happened since, it's not the be all end all.

The appearance of Kathleen Deming (if that is her real name...) also hints towards the list not being conclusive. I think it's fair to expect a few surprises along the way. I think Lynch was comfortable enough that he wanted everyone to know and to allow said actors to promote the show, so he made sure to include people like Ray Wise and Sheryl Lee in that list. We're going to get a few surprises.

From the old cast not returning, I think the most likely candidates are Heather Graham and a cameo from Ontkean. I think the whole looking for jacket to not being in the show probably stems from him finding out he was meant to keep his appearance a secret and then backtracking. I think considering the importance placed on Annie, she needs to have some form of appearance in the show even if it's brief.

Can't really think of anyone else. LFB, Chen and Laurie seem too unlikely now and a bit pointless keeping secret.

I think it'd be awesome, and completely possible there's a Chris Isaak and/or Keifer Sutherland cameo though.

-Mordeen
Very carefully
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Mordeen wrote:

-Mordeen
Self control?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (474.86 KiB) Viewed 9070 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
brett

Post by brett »

Jerry Horne wrote:...
Nice illustration! I like the colors.
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

The other thing I'm wondering about is whether there'll be any flashback footage from FWWM, The Missing Pieces (even stuff kept out of the Missing Pieces) and the TV show in the new series. It's a rare opportunity to have actual material of actors in character from many years before.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

I'll just go with "not at all."

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Agent327
Roadhouse Member

Post by Agent327 »

Chester Desmond wrote: My money is that is David Lynch walking beside Kyle
Not a bad guess. Some people have suggested that it's another Coop, but the mystery man seems to have broader neck/face and with a more hunched over posture. Lynch would fit that description. Mike is another possibility.
Last edited by Agent327 on Fri May 12, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

Was out driving today and this totally took me by surprise. We've had billboards advertising the new series in Los Angeles, New York and many other glamorous places and now we can add small town England to the list :lol:

I drove straight towards it on a junction, cheered outloud, did an about turn and returned for a shot out of my windscreen whilst driving. Lucky not to crash! Never in a million thought I would ever see that there.
Attachments
IMG_0017_2.JPG
IMG_0017_2.JPG (1012.49 KiB) Viewed 9014 times
Last edited by Venus on Fri May 12, 2017 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Billy Briggs

Post by Billy Briggs »

THIS IS ALL SO INCREDIBLE...GUYS!!!!

We are so, so LUCKY :)
Bloodflood
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bloodflood »

Love the illustration