LMFAP - Michael J. Anderson

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

itsbeen20yrs

LMFAP - Michael J. Anderson

Post by itsbeen20yrs »

Am I crazy or did I see him yesterday in the Super Bowl commercial with Jerry Seinfield?

I'm pretty sure it was him as "the Last Living Munchkin"....if so I'm sure glad to see Michael back on T.V. If only for a mili-second!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: LMFAP - Michael J. Anderson

Post by Jerry Horne »

That was him!

On FaceBook he claimed he got paid $50,000 for the recent Nike Ad.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
itsbeen20yrs

Post by itsbeen20yrs »

Thanks Jerry! I don't think I've seen the Nike commerical - I'll have to google that.

Realizing this is old news - but did you ever watch him in the HBO series, "Carnivale"?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

itsbeen20yrs wrote:Thanks Jerry! I don't think I've seen the Nike commerical - I'll have to google that.

Realizing this is old news - but did you ever watch him in the HBO series, "Carnivale"?
I did. I thought it started out well. However, I think they made a a bit of a mistake by not revealing enough interesting information in the first season. I remember watching the start of season two, again, I just thought they were stringing us along without enough tasty tidbits thrown our way. A for effort though.

What do I know though? I liked 'Happy Town'. :)
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
AllthewayfromEdmonds
RR Diner Member

Post by AllthewayfromEdmonds »

Ditto Jerry! I really liked the first season but the second fell apart, at the time I felt Twin Peaked all over again! The show had so much potential. I'm going to revisit it as the prices are cheap on Ebay for the DVD series. I also saw that Super Bowl commercial. Thanks for the heads up on the other commercial. A big Michael J. fan! Thanks guys! :D
The Double R
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Double R »

In MJA related news, was his documentary "Little Mike" ever commercially released? I came across it within an old WIP.
Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Gordon »

I loved Michael's Samson from CARNIVALE... He was the man... :mrgreen: "On a bad day, I've cracked tougher nuts than you"
Fire
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fire »

Speaking of Michael J. Anderson, I started watching Naoki Urasawa's Monster a week ago and have been enjoying it immensely. Apparently he was a huge Twin Peaks fan because about halfway through season one a character is introduced that is an incredibly blatant nod to LMFAP. It's done tastefully, and mimicry is the greatest compliment as they say.

On the bonus material for FWWM, Michael is so darn endearing and charismatic!
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

I love both seasons of Carnivale. And I don't think that season two was worse then one. It was different, but it's natural with every series. The story evolve and the series changed - that's all.
Gordon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Gordon »

The problem with Carnivale was that it was abruptly cancelled with many storylines and subplots left in the air... Rewatching it knowing what the series creator had in mind (4 more seasons set in different years if I'm not wrong) always makes me sad... :| It was a great series...
trixieKitten

Post by trixieKitten »

I loved Carnivale! I discovered/bought the 2 season dvds last year shortly after I got the Twin Peaks collection and had no idea Michael was in it as well, but was happy to see him, he's awesome. I knew going into it that there was only 2 seasons and that I wouldn't feel satisfied at the end, but I was able to enjoy the show nonetheless!