See You In 25 Years

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jude
Roadhouse Member

Re: See You In 25 Years

Post by Jude »

Well years and months go by so fast, it has already been like 20 years since the show aired for the first time and a whole new generation has been born. I think if nothing happens in 2-4 next years, then we can definitely bury ideas of Twin Peaks comeback with Lynch. I'm a young TP fan (born in '92) so i didn't have the chance to experience Twin Peaks in the 90s, so maybe that's why i really pray for the comeback. Some older fans probably don't want TP to make comeback, but i can realize it because they have probably experienced TP's fame in the 90s etc.

pssst.. a new David Lynch movie would also be something great to happen soon :)
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I asked Mark Frost this morning on Twitter about ABC wanting to bring back Twin Peaks and just now he tweeted:

"To all who've asked: ABC has not contacted us about reviving Twin Peaks. They're too busy trying to revive ABC. #dyingnetworks"
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

Jerry Horne wrote:I asked Mark Frost this morning on Twitter about ABC wanting to bring back Twin Peaks and just now he tweeted:

"To all who've asked: ABC has not contacted us about reviving Twin Peaks. They're too busy trying to revive ABC. #dyingnetworks"

Hmmm....I trusted my source at Disney/ABC, seems odd he would lie to me....but if Mark Frost says it, then it must be true. Kinda bummed about the news though.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Jerry Horne wrote:I asked Mark Frost this morning on Twitter about ABC wanting to bring back Twin Peaks and just now he tweeted:

I may be the only one, but I am glad to hear this. Leave TP be! No need for a revival, remake, reboot, re-whatever. A new series, on the other hand...
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

Well, I certainly don't want a reboot or a remake, that's for sure...honestly, all I ever wanted was a movie (or tv movie or mini series) to bookend the show/film. The final episode of the series always felt like a cliffhanger, like they didn't get a proper finale. I know that if FWWM had been financially successful, they would have made another film to bookend the series with, so I guess I always wanted to see that. I don't ever want a new ongoing series though. The details my contact at Disney told about a tv movie sounded very much like the scraps and tidbits about a possible third season we've heard over the years, things about a reality "behind" the reality we know, stuff like that. My friend is not a Lynch fan and a casual Peaks fan at best, so when I heard this I tended to believe him, didn't seem like something he would know on his own or care to know. Now I don't know what to believe. *sigh*
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Had it happened 20 years ago or even right after FWWM, it would make sense to me. But right now, I feel like it is 20 years too late to bookend the show.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

well, i guess they have done it with the Mary Tyler Moore Show, Dallas, The Love Boat, The Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island, Leave it to Beaver. And those turned out amazing. I mean who could forget when um... remember when... oh, um...
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
gstueve
Roadhouse Member

Post by gstueve »

I'm sure "IF" David and Mark revived Twin Peaks, we would all be kept out of the dark until it was about to be released. It just seems to weird what has been going on lately.

*Twin Peaks Season 1 is released - December 2001
*Twin Peaks Season 2 is released - April 2007
*A new Twin Peaks soundtrack is released Twin Peaks: Season 2 Music and More - October 2007
*Twin Peaks Gold Box set is released - October 2007
*Kyle states he wouldn't mine reviving Twin Peaks through webisodes - June 2009
*David Lynch Music Company featuring Twin Peaks Archives is released - March 2011
*Frost exploring a continuation of Twin Peaks - March 2011
*Interesting article at Twin Peaks Archive of a new Diary coming out and the comment of what Frost said - June 2011

I'm sure there is more out there but that's all I can think of at this time. It just strikes a cord with me about what Frost has said "" That they have talk about it 4 or 5 years ago but it was a bridge to far". Now with Frost coming out and saying "You can check in but you can never leave. Shouldn't Agent Cooper be leaving The Red Room soon?" I've been told I read into things to deeply so don't take my word, I'm just simply pointing things out that I have noticed. I'm sure more things will happen in the next 5 years
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Audrey Horne wrote:well, i guess they have done it with the Mary Tyler Moore Show, Dallas, The Love Boat, The Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island, Leave it to Beaver. And those turned out amazing. I mean who could forget when um... remember when... oh, um...
Instant classic! :P
chriss

Post by chriss »

I asked Mark this on twitter:

and he said

:D Well, it's not off the cards to Mark.
gstueve
Roadhouse Member

Post by gstueve »

Great information Chris, I'm sure after the DVD sales and music sales both Lynch and Frost are thinking Twin Peaks is still alive and bigger then they excepted
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Funny to read this thread now! I guess this would have been around the time lynch and frost first started talking about a revival?
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

I remember saying many times down the years that Lynch is contrarian enough to to wait 25 years and bring back Twin Peaks. There were many threads down the years, obviously, about bringing the show back and it seemed that the majority of people I discussed it with felt that it should be left as it is and that FWWM was a 'perfect' ending. I never felt that: I felt that the show ended on a between-seasons cliffhanger and that conceptually FWWM was little different from the first X-Files movie in that it was a between seasons film that set things up for season three while adding some more background detail.

I'd be interested to know how those people feel now about all the new announcements. These threads are fascinating to read years later. I read one yesterday about the impending 2003 Battlestar Galactica series. People were tearing it to shreds, complaining about the lack of Egyptian Pharoah helmets, female Starbucks and God knows what else. It was interesting to see 50 per cent of them change their minds very quickly, with more to follow.

Series returns are difficult ones: Galactica 2003 arguably outlasted and outshone its predecessor. Doctor Who 2004 was hugely successful, although I hate the show: I'm unreconstructed enough that I pretend most of the show post-1979 never happened!
Ygdrasel
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ygdrasel »

Gabriel wrote:the majority of people I discussed it with felt that it should be left as it is and that FWWM was a 'perfect' ending.\
But FWWM wasn't an ending. It was a pre...inter...sequel...thing. Really just a more complex form of the beginning. :lol:

I rather like the ending season two (unintentionally?) provided.
Evil won out which incidentally perfectly set the stage for FWWM with its darker tone and ultimately, the failure of Cooper to stop BOB.

It was certainly better than any sort of standard happy end where they somehow defeat this presumably immortal evil thing because they have the power of friendship/love/goodness/the heart of the cards on their side.

Honestly, even moreso in this age of outrage against the slightest offense (in general), the borderline-psychotic war against anything that could ever even remotely be considered 'bad' (in schools, mostly) and wussing up all our bad guys with mostly-terrible 'tragic' backstories that don't even succeed in creating any sympathy (in media - Maleficent, Dracula, etcetera...), I still want BOB or the Lodge to win out at season three's end.
Twin Peaks has layers, man. Twin Peaks is an onion. 8)
Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

Just looking at the timing and what we know, it's entirely possible that Jerry Horne (with help from GeekBoy's rumor) caused the revival.

2011. David and Mark having lunch. Mark: Someone on twitter asked if we're bring back TP. It's close to 25 years. David: Hmmm. :lol: Well done!