Twin Peaks Themed Psych Episode

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Twin Peaks Themed Psych Episode

Post by dugpa »

So far, Dana Ashbrook and Sherilyn Fenn have been confirmed for appearances. I can't wait to see this.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Re: Twin Peaks Themed Psych Episode

Post by TheArm »

This is fantastic!! Thanks for the update. Do we have any idea around when the episode will potentially air?
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Possibly Sept 29th if they don't take any breaks between airing of Episodes.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

According to Entertainment Weekly, Sheryl Lee, Catherine Coulson, Ray Wise, Lenny von Dohlen and Robyn Lively are also in the episode!! Details here:

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/09/07/ ... heryl-lee/

'PSYCH' EXCLUSIVE - 'TWIN PEAKS' HOMAGE NABS SHERILYN FENN, SHERYL LEE AND THE LOG LADY
by Michael Ausiello

Diane: 5:35 pm, third floor, Time Inc. headquarters here in New York. I just got my hands on a red-hot scoop regarding Psych"˜s forthcoming Twin Peaks homage.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that two of Peaks"˜ most iconic faces, Sheryl Lee (Laura/Maddy) and Sherilyn Fenn (Audrey), will appear in the episode alongside previously announced guest star Dana Ashbrook (Bobby). All three will play residents of Dual Spires (get it?), a quirky Northern California town that has been rocked by the death of a high school student.

But wait, there's more

Peaks"˜ enigmatic Log Lady Catherine Coulson has signed on to make a cameo as"”get this"”the mysterious Woman with Wood, and Ray Wise (Leland) will reprise his season 4 Psych role as Father Westley. Also popping up in cameos will be Peaks alums Lenny Von Dohlen (a.k.a. agoraphobic horticulturist Harold) and Robyn Lively (a.k.a. seductress Lana).

The episode"”co-written by self-professed Peaks addict Roday"”will air during Psych"˜s fall run. The show's summer finale airs tomorrow night.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

This should be fun! Lana!!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

this is awesome! great news. never seen the show, but i'm easily excited i guess.
Yasdnil
Roadhouse Member

Post by Yasdnil »

Does anyone know if/when the episode will air in Canada? I honestly don't think I've seen an episode of 'Psych' on Canadian television at all... which is sad because it's filmed in Vancouver. But from what I've gathered, when the show has aired in the past, the time slot and channel keep shifting (like the original airing of 'Twin Peaks', I guess!) if it airs at all.

Any help would be appreciated! Otherwise... thank goodness for the internet!
“I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.”
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Julee Cruise is going to be in it, too!!!

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/09/13/ ... win-peaks/

'PSYCH' SCOOP: JULEE CRUISE JOINS 'TWIN PEAKS'-THEMED EPISODE
by Michael Ausiello

Diane: 4:35 pm, third floor, Time Inc. headquarters here in New York. I just got my hands on another red-hot scoop regarding Psych"˜s forthcoming Twin Peaks-inspired episode.

Sources confirm to me exclusively that the highly-anticipated hour will open with a special version of the Psych theme song performed by.Ms. Julee Cruise!

As you know, an instrumental version of Cruise's haunting '89 hit, "Falling,"served as Peaks"˜ theme song. She also appeared frequently on the groundbreaking ABC drama as a singer at the local biker bar The Roadhouse.

The Psych/Peaks episode will air during Psych"˜s fall run.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Wow. This Episode is like a return to Twin Peaks with a twist of Psych. I enjoy the Series but am very interested how they approach it. I can't wait!
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

Is there any chance I can watch it on streaming online from here? Any link please? :roll:
Roomservice...
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

They've announced that Psyche's fall season will begin on Nov. 10th, so I'd guess the TP episode will likely be sometime in November or early Dec.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

From the quick clip on their site for Season 5, it looks like Sheryl Lee will be playing the part of a doctor.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

The official USA press release for the episode, which officially dates the episode for Dec. 1. Love that the dead girl's name is an anagram for Laura Palmer, and that the town sheriff has another presidential name!

USA NETWORK'S "PSYCH"MARKS "TWIN PEAKS"20TH ANNIVERSARY

WITH A "˜DAMN FINE' TRIBUTE EPISODE

ON WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 1

Series Originals Sherilyn Fenn, Sheryl Lee, Dana Ashbrook, Ray Wise, Robyn Lively,
Lenny Von Dohlen and Catherine Coulson to guest star

NEW YORK, NEW YORK ' October 15, 2010 ' When PSYCH returns for its fall run in November, viewers will be treated to a "Twin Peaks"-inspired episode scheduled to premiere on Wednesday, December 1 at 10/9c. Entitled "Dual Spires,"the episode celebrates the 20th anniversary of the cult favorite with guest star casting that includes Sherilyn Fenn, Sheryl Lee, Dana Ashbrook, Ray Wise, Robyn Lively, Lenny Von Dohlen and Catherine Coulson. Series Star James Roday serves as co-writer along with Bill Callahan.

The episode kicks off with Shawn (Roday) and Gus (Dulé Hill) receiving a mysterious e-mail inviting them to the annual Cinnamon Festival in Dual Spires, a quirky Northern California town nearly invisible on the map. When they arrive the pair quickly find themselves embroiled in the mysterious death of local high school student Paula Merral. As Shawn and Gus unravel the many secrets of the town, they meet several local residents including town doctor/lawyer/veterinarian Donna Gooden (Sheryl Lee), Sheriff Andrew Jackson (Lenny Von Dohlen), proprietors of the local diner Robert and Michelle Barker (Dana Ashbrook and Robyn Lively), the mysterious Woman with Wood (Catherine Coulson) and enigmatic bookish beauty Maudette Hornsby (Sherilyn Fenn). The pool of suspects proves to be deeper than suspected as Shawn and Gus must work to figure out who killed Paula Merral. Ray Wise reprises his role from last season as Father Westley.

Additionally, songstress Julee Cruise, who performed music during the original run of "Twin Peaks,"has signed on to perform the PSYCH Theme Song for the episode. The landmark series, that fashioned a widespread cult following, is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year.

PSYCH is executive produced by Steve Franks ("Big Daddy"), Kelly Kulchak and Chris Henze, with Universal Cable Productions in association with Tagline Pictures. Mel Damski ("Picket Fences") serves as the executive producer and as a director. Saladin K. Patterson ("The Bernie Mac Show"), Bill Callahan ("Scrubs") and Andy Berman ("Freddie") are co-executive producer/writers.

For photos of the fifth season continuation of PSYCH, please log on to the NBC Universal Media Village at http://www.nbcumv.com/. For show information, including bios, episodes, synopses and loglines, and clips and promos, please log-on to http://www.usanetwork.com/press/psych, password: characters.

USA Network is a program service of NBC Universal Cable a division of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.

Universal Cable Productions creates quality content across multiple media platforms for USA, Syfy and other networks. A leader in innovative and critically acclaimed programming, UCP is the studio behind USA's Royal Pains, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Psych, In Plain Sight, Covert Affairs and Facing Kate, along with Syfy's Eureka, Warehouse 13 and Caprica. The studio also produced both long-running series Monk and Battlestar Galactica. UCP is a division of NBC Universal.

USA Network is the #1 network in all of basic cable and is seen in over 102 million U.S. homes. A division of NBC Universal, USA is the cable television leader in original series and home to the best in blockbuster theatrical films, acquired television series and entertainment events. The award-winning USA website is located at http://www.usanetwork.com. Characters Welcome.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

hell yeah!
Snogster707
Roadhouse Member

Post by Snogster707 »

piero wrote:Is there any chance I can watch it on streaming online from here? Any link please? :roll:

I would like this, too. Or if no streaming, perhaps it may be available via netflix?