NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by vicksvapor77 »

From the Reddit poster on the calendar. Thought it was odd "Billions" wouldn't be on there for February. There also wouldn't be room for an icon on the top left of every month, like January 2017, for example.
Apparently the calendar rotates between a tv show and a film -

January is Homeland, Feb a film, March is Ray Donovan, April is another film, May is Twin Peaks. That's genuinely all I know. She can't remember the rest off the top of her head.

She did say however that each month has that little box on the top left corner of the dates (where the "Welcome to Twin Peaks" is), so that doesn't point to it starting on April 30th whatsoever and that website completely jumped the gun.
adl345
RR Diner Member

Post by adl345 »

vicksvapor77 wrote:From the Reddit poster on the calendar. Thought it was odd "Billions" wouldn't be on there for February. There also wouldn't be room for an icon on the top left of every month, like January 2017, for example.

January is Homeland, Feb a film, MARCH IS RAY DONOVAN, April is another film, May is Twin Peaks. That's genuinely all I know. She can't remember the rest off the top of her head.

She did say however that each month has that little box on the top left corner of the dates (where the "Welcome to Twin Peaks" is), so that doesn't point to it starting on April 30th whatsoever and that website completely jumped the gun.
And since there's absolutely no way that Ray Donovan will be airing in March, I think we can now dismiss this thing as a big nothingburger. Any given show's placement on the calendar has no relation to when it might be premiering.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I would agree, no way Ray Donovan is airing in March.

I think it's more likely Peaks will debut in early April at the moment.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Just found this on eBay, any chance this is the same calendar? Seems really slim. Not sure it means anything but there sure are more icons on the back than there are are months of the year. It could be possible some months have more than one "show icon" over premiere dates? The same "Twin Peaks" waterfall image is featured.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-SHOWTIME-C ... SwEzxYa~sY

I don't think it's unheard of that "Ray Donovan" could air in March. Isn't this the final season? Maybe they're trying to get it off their schedule early. That, or maybe this guy or his wife's recollection is just off.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I never trusted the calendar to begin with, honestly. It just seemed off to me.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
adl345
RR Diner Member

Post by adl345 »

vicksvapor77 wrote:I don't think it's unheard of that "Ray Donovan" could air in March. Isn't this the final season? Maybe they're trying to get it off their schedule early. That, or maybe this guy or his wife's recollection is just off.
They haven't made any "final season" announcement regarding Ray Donovan. Beyond that, both Homeland and Billions will still be in the middle of their seasons for the entirety of March, so in order for RD to air in March one of three things would have to happen, none of which seem at all likely:

1) Showtime expands it's Sunday lineup to 3 hours
2) Showtime pulls either Showtime or Billions in the middle of their seasons.
3) Showtime airs the show on some other day of the week.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

adl345 wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:I don't think it's unheard of that "Ray Donovan" could air in March. Isn't this the final season? Maybe they're trying to get it off their schedule early. That, or maybe this guy or his wife's recollection is just off.
They haven't made any "final season" announcement regarding Ray Donovan. Beyond that, both Homeland and Billions will still be in the middle of their seasons for the entirety of March, so in order for RD to air in March one of three things would have to happen, none of which seem at all likely:

1) Showtime expands it's Sunday lineup to 3 hours
2) Showtime pulls either Showtime or Billions in the middle of their seasons.
3) Showtime airs the show on some other day of the week.
Ah sorry, must be mixing it up with a different Showtime show. Thanks for the info!
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

adl345 wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:From the Reddit poster on the calendar. Thought it was odd "Billions" wouldn't be on there for February. There also wouldn't be room for an icon on the top left of every month, like January 2017, for example.

January is Homeland, Feb a film, MARCH IS RAY DONOVAN, April is another film, May is Twin Peaks. That's genuinely all I know. She can't remember the rest off the top of her head.

And since there's absolutely no way that Ray Donovan will be airing in March, I think we can now dismiss this thing as a big nothingburger. Any given show's placement on the calendar has no relation to when it might be premiering.
With extra cheese.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Well, apparently the calendar is real. But again, I don't think the placement of the Peaks page has much to do with when it debuts.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

N. Needleman wrote:Well, apparently the calendar is real. But again, I don't think the placement of the Peaks page has much to do with when it debuts.
Exactly!Even Sheryln tweeted that we could be seeing it earlier than expected
elixeter

Post by elixeter »

ForKeeps wrote:
elixeter wrote:
vicksvapor77 wrote:
I sent the user a private message asking for other pics from the calendar to compare to. I hope he sends some back!
It's 100% fake.

1) Why would they use that iconic main image for MAY!!??

2) Why would they use that iconic image as the first day in MAY!!?

3) It looks like a bafaoon with Microsoft Word designed it

I have no idea what your first two points mean, and the calendar looks very real to me. And it fits with what we already know.
I'm a graphic designer by trade. My point is they are the first go to TP images anyone would choose. You wouldn't use them in a calendar, and if you did you would for Jan. It only looks real to you because its bloody printed and has a chart on it.
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

I don't know if you've been following the updates but it appears the calendar is real. So, your graphic design taste aside, I think you're wrong.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

N. Needleman wrote:Well, apparently the calendar is real. But again, I don't think the placement of the Peaks page has much to do with when it debuts.
ForKeeps wrote:I don't know if you've been following the updates but it appears the calendar is real. So, your graphic design taste aside, I think you're wrong.
Can someone post the source?
elixeter wrote:I'm a graphic designer by trade. My point is they are the first go to TP images anyone would choose. You wouldn't use them in a calendar, and if you did you would for Jan. It only looks real to you because its bloody printed and has a chart on it.
What do you mean, "you wouldn't"? Have you never seen a poorly designed calendar? I've seen plenty, and coming from big companies as well.
As a side note, and I expect most fans disagree with me, I think the TP merchandise we've got so far is also very poorly designed and looks like just another way to quickly cash in on the hype.
I'll see you in the trees
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

N. Needleman wrote:
NightTimeMyTime wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:
No. She only hinted at it coming sooner than we think, not any of the rest.
Yeah, I know, but if I try to predict what she is already knowing, that could be it. A earlier release of the first episode could also generate more interest from international distributors of the new season.
The show already has international distribution.
Can you elaborate please? I haven't heard anything yet about Belgium (nor Europe).
"Your log and I are on the same page."
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

We haven't established that this calendar is real. It would be odd to feature so many cancelled shows on a 2017 promotional item. I think this is someone's etsy style hobby project.