NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by Soolsma »

It's very common with these kind of 'leaks' that everybody calls fake. Way more often than not, people are very skeptical. It's also not uncommon for those people to be plain wrong in the end.

There's nothing pointing towards this calendar being fake other than that a random reddit user posted it, in my experience that means next to nothing.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Did Jennifer Lynch ever comment on why she made that statement about the show definitely not coming back? was it just that she did not know, or was perhaps misinformed by dear old Dave or was it calculated strategy? I recall she also wrote a short rant about what a shame it would be to not let the show rest in peace.
Dead Dog
RR Diner Member

Post by Dead Dog »

Soolsma wrote:It's very common with these kind of 'leaks' that everybody calls fake. Way more often than not, people are very skeptical. It's also not uncommon for those people to be plain wrong in the end.

There's nothing pointing towards this calendar being fake other than that a random reddit user posted it, in my experience that means next to nothing.
There's nothing pointing towards it being legit either. I'm not saying I'm right, it may well be authentic, but we seem pretty gullible when we just take some stranger on reddit's word for something.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Dead Dog wrote:
Soolsma wrote:It's very common with these kind of 'leaks' that everybody calls fake. Way more often than not, people are very skeptical. It's also not uncommon for those people to be plain wrong in the end.

There's nothing pointing towards it being legit either. I'm not saying I'm right, it may well be authentic, but we seem pretty gullible when we just take some stranger on reddit's word for something.
We're all hungry for release date info. Shit's getting real and we want real info, so skepticism and optimism are fighting tooth and nail.

Speaking for myself, I called fake to inspire folks to dig further and get some corroborating info that this calendar is legit. Hopefully, one way or the other, we'll know around 1/9.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

You think that the showtime people are going to be so dumb to unveil something like this in this comic way? We are talking about something that is still under secrecy, and that in no way no one has succeeded in finding the date.
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

vicksvapor77 wrote:
Dead Dog wrote:Why are people assuming that calendar is anything more than a hoax? Did I miss something?
No offense but why would anyone put that much time or effort into a hoax like this? I don't get why anyone would think that it was a hoax. What is to gain from this hoax if it was one?

So that we would spend hours and hours talking about his "wonderful calendar", and the worst thing is that he has already achieved it. That was his goal.
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by Here Comes That Bob »

Here Comes That Bob wrote:http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin ... -calendar/

30th April it is.
Hold up. Is this the same photo from reddit, lol?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Here Comes That Bob wrote:http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/twin ... -calendar/

30th April it is.
There is nothing definitive there, only the same conjecture we have been doing.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by Here Comes That Bob »

Jerry Horne wrote:

30th April it is.
There is nothing definitive here, only the same conjecture we have been doing.
I know now that I have read it.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

"The things I tell you will not be wrong"
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

I'm probably just biased because I wouldn't mind being right about the April 30th prediction (that prediction being due to the discussions about Penny Dreadful from here though), but a calendar of all things just seems to be so random for it to be a hoax. We'll just have to wait and see.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series
NightTimeMyTime
Roadhouse Member

Post by NightTimeMyTime »

At first I reacted at the calendar like it is a printed schedule to what the Showtime people now by know and what Nevins will tell everyone on monday. Then I began to doubt if the icon on the day of April 30th has anything to do with season premiere dates.

Now I'm thinking the placement of Twin Peaks for May is just a more or less a "somewhere on second quarter" layout, not based on airing dates but more on the absence of an airing date. The calendar graphic editor knew Homeland would fit for January as it has been the official release month, Billions for February and a couple of other series on other months/quarters based on their usual and possible release month/quarter.

But as Twin Peaks' release date isn't really clear to the calendar editor, he/she has placed Twin Peaks somewhere on the possible quarter, based on calendar space and fitting months for other series, not based on any specific info concerning the release date of Twin Peaks (other than maybe "second quarter of 2017").

I still believe April 30th could be the premiere date, but I would not assume it based on this calendar, but more on the fitting with endings of other series. I believe more in April 9th or even Mars 26th than April 30th. Sunday, Mars 26th are the sunday after the finale of Homeland so that wouldn't be impossible? Sunday, April 9th feels better though.
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

Everyone take a deep breath.
owlsseemrealtome

Post by owlsseemrealtome »

There was an advert on British TV tonight which showed Twin Peaks amongst the scheduling of its programmes on Sky Atlantic , it didn't show any footage of course but it was nice to see it represented by the famous population sign in between shows like Game of Thrones. Shits getting real.