New Teaser/Trailer Saturday During Marathon? Place Your Bet - CONCLUDED: "NO" Wins!

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Re: New Teaser/Trailer Saturday During Marathon? Place Your Bet - CONCLUDED: "NO" Wins!

Post by Mordeen »

Rainwater wrote:You just couldn't stand winning, could you? Well, guess what, I'm keeping it!
My gut tells me quite a few winners will take those lumps too, for the lulz.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Re: New Teaser/Trailer Saturday During Marathon? Place Your Bet - CONCLUDED: "NO" Wins!

Post by Soolsma »

NO wins?!

Alright, alright.

I'm planning on something pretty cool for my Nicky avatar. Unfortunately, I paid my bills too late and my internet is off, posting from my folks place now. When my own PC with the proper tools for image manipulation is connected; my week of Nicky starts.

Not gonna use a generic one.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Soolsma wrote:NO wins?!

Alright, alright.

I'm planning on something pretty cool for my Nicky avatar. Unfortunately, I paid my bills too late and my internet is off, posting from my folks place now. When my own PC with the proper tools for image manipulation is connected; my week of Nicky starts.

Not gonna use a generic one.
It was the right thing to do. We could debate the definition of "airing" and all that, but that's no fun. We got a new teaser the day before, we all win, you suck because you have no internet, and the world spins.

We need to start coming up with a new wager and avatar.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

New wager OK. But don't rush it. Wait for a good moment, when the hype is climaxing.

I guess next to Nicky and Evelyn, Dick is the least favored character, maybe Lana. Too bad, because neither of them are so bad-TP defining as Nicky or Evelyn. Maybe Evelyn's husband (of whatever that was, I don't watch those parts anymore), but I don't think he's nearly as iconic nor humor evoking as Evelyn.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

If I had to choose a bad character for avatar punishment I guess I'd pick Lana.

Lil the dancer could also work. I don't think she's a bad character, rather the opposite. But it would be damn funny to see all the losers with a sour look on their face.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Ernie Niles is another fan unfavorite.

But I agree that the subject being wagered on should be substantive or this will get dull.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

Even though I voted no, I still changed because why not.
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

I'll be changing to Little Nicky asap even though I said no... it felt like a "yes" to me and a shameful avatar is a small price to pay for that wonderful teaser :)
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

HE WOOORE BLUUUUUEEEEE DEEEENIIM
woah, woah
BLUER THAN DENIM WERE HIS EEEYES
I'll see you in the trees
REdKing
Roadhouse Member

Post by REdKing »

Okay, mine should be adjusted now.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Hahaha this is great stuff.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Theeere ya go.
Attachments
little nicky avatar.png
little nicky avatar.png (41.53 KiB) Viewed 10108 times
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

laughingpinecone wrote:Theeere ya go.
Haha this image will never be undone in my mind.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

My vote for a bad character for the next round would have to be John Justice Wheeler.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Snailhead wrote:My vote for a bad character for the next round would have to be John Justice Wheeler.
YOU WIN TEH INTERWEBS!
ZANEy Mona Wheeler.jpg
ZANEy Mona Wheeler.jpg (200.05 KiB) Viewed 10057 times
-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .