Hollywood Autograph Show w/ Twin Peaks cast

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

TheArm
Great Northern Member

Re: Hollywood Autograph Show w/ Twin Peaks cast

Post by TheArm »

missoulamt wrote:So who are the nost crucial omissions from this cast gathering, would you say? I think Kyle MacLachlan, Richard Beymer and Michael Ontkean...
Yeah, as great as the group was, there were still plenty of people who weren't there: MacLachlan, Ontkean, Beymer, Madchen Amick, Lara Flynn Boyle, Everett McGill, Piper Laurie, Joan Chen, Kenneth Welsh, Heather Graham, Harry Goaz, Warren Frost, Wendy Robie, Michael Horse, and Grace Zabriskie, plus Da Re being a no-show. And also Michael J. Anderson, who always seems happy to do a lot of this fan stuff.

Having said that, I'm not complaining! It was great to see them all there together, and they all really seemed happy to see one another, generally.
Last edited by TheArm on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

I will never, ever, ever consider Heather Graham part of Twin Peaks. (I think I'm only partly kidding too)

so excited to hear stories from the weekend.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

I don't have too many actual individual stories other than the whole day wound up being absurdly expensive (most of them were charging $20 for an autograph), and most of them were very nice. Chris Mulkey, Catherine Coulson, Ray Wise and Sheryl Lee in particular I found really, really charming and very happy to talk to the fans. I also chatted a couple minutes with Ray Wise and asked him about his brief appearance on MAD MEN last week, and he said that this was a set-up for what was going to be a much larger role next season, which I was really excited about! (Chris Mulkey also said that he will return to BOARDWALK EMPIRE next season, as well.) They were all lovely, though I think Sherilyn Fenn and Peggy Lipton (2 of the most popular ones there) both seemed a little more (in my personal opinion) overwhelmed/anxious about how crazy it was, though I don't blame 'em. But it's amazing how great they both still look! I felt bad for Lenny von Dohlen, who was positioned along the same long table as Sheryl Lee, Sherilyn Fenn and Ray Wise, but clearly wasn't getting a fraction of the love that they were! Walter Olkewicz and Michael Parks both showed up later in the day; Walter is super nice and Michael Parks seems absolutely off his rocker crazy (but again, very nice). I was rather shocked by just how tiny and frail/fragile James Marshall looks now, as well as the fact that he's now blond! And Dana Ashbrook is very grey, but still recognizable. A few fun props were there, too, as Russ Tamblyn brought his trademark red-and-blue Dr. Jacoby glasses, and Catherine brought the log, which she let people take photos with.

Anyway, it was exhausting and a little nuts, but a really fun day all-in-all, and was great to meet a couple of people off the board here. Got my TP season 1 DVD set signed by everybody there, so my wallet hurts, but I'm a very happy camper.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

TheArm wrote:
missoulamt wrote:So who are the nost crucial omissions from this cast gathering, would you say? I think Kyle MacLachlan, Richard Beymer and Michael Ontkean...
Yeah, as great as the group was, there were still plenty of people who weren't there: MacLachlan, Ontkean, Beymer, Madchen Amick, Lara Flynn Boyle, Everett McGill, Piper Laurie, Joan Chen, Kenneth Welsh, Heather Graham, Harry Goaz, Warren Frost, Wendy Robie, Michael Horse, and Grace Zabriskie, plus Da Re being a no-show. And also Michael J. Anderson, who always seems happy to do a lot of this fan stuff.

Having said that, I'm not complaining! It was great to see them all there together, and they all really seemed happy to see one another, generally.
I agree but would add Robyn Lively (Lana) and Carel Struycken (The Giant) to that list.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Jerry Horne wrote:
TheArm wrote:

I agree but would add Robyn Lively (Lana) and Carel Struycken (The Giant) to that list.
And of course, let's also not forget David Patrick Kelly, Mary Jo Deschanel, Gary Hershberger, Ian Buchanan and, *most important of all*, Annette McCarthy!! :wink:

PS - Jerry, have all your photos ready to go but forgot the post office was closed today for Cbus Day (and don't worry, will make sure it's all packed really well). So I'll try to take care of this tomorrow. Stay tuned!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Good call on David, Ian and the rest. Ian Buchanan is my dream interview (I came close - darn) Thanks again for my pics and helping out Paula at the show - she told me how much she appreciated everything you did! I'll send you an email.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Audrey Horne wrote:I will never, ever, ever consider Heather Graham part of Twin Peaks. (I think I'm only partly kidding too)
And I always will!!! Hey- we all find different things to love.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

TheArm wrote:I was rather shocked by just how tiny and frail/fragile James Marshall looks now, as well as the fact that he's now blond!
Marshall was always a blond. He dyed his hair on Twin Peaks. And as for him being frail, his health battles have been in the news. I know he had to have his colon removed due to an acne medication he took years ago, and there has been a lawsuit about this (I believe this is still ongoing?) I can only assume his current state may still be related to these same health problems. A real shame. That's fantastic that he made it to the show though!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Other than these three essential biggies, I'd say Madchen Amick. She seemed so cool in the piece with her, Lynch & Kyle on the Gold Box DVD set. And she still looks great. Other than that, I'd say Grace Zabriskie, because it would have been so cool if all the Palmers were together!!
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Jerry Horne wrote:Good call on David, Ian and the rest. Ian Buchanan is my dream interview (I came close - darn) Thanks again for my pics and helping out Paula at the show - she told me how much she appreciated everything you did! I'll send you an email.
The funny thing is, I do spot Ian Buchanan out at the West Hollywood gay bars once in a blue moon, but I've never gone up and spoken to him...
missoulamt
RR Diner Member

Post by missoulamt »

I actually think someone like Heather G is much more integral to the TP legacy than say Ian Buchanan who I always felt was a symbol for the TP decline, along with the Marsh plot etc.

The part with HG likening her heart to a forest (or something along those lines), as well as the scene with HG and Coop slowly approaching eachother in the bar at the Great Northern, the Diner scene with Coop/Truman, not to mention the Black Lodge stuff... just essential TP moments all of them.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

TheArm wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Good call on David, Ian and the rest. Ian Buchanan is my dream interview (I came close - darn) Thanks again for my pics and helping out Paula at the show - she told me how much she appreciated everything you did! I'll send you an email.
The funny thing is, I do spot Ian Buchanan out at the West Hollywood gay bars once in a blue moon, but I've never gone up and spoken to him...
Probably not the best time to ask him for an interview ;)
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

missoulamt wrote:I actually think someone like Heather G is much more integral to the TP legacy than say Ian Buchanan who I always felt was a symbol for the TP decline, along with the Marsh plot etc.

The part with HG likening her heart to a forest (or something along those lines), as well as the scene with HG and Coop slowly approaching eachother in the bar at the Great Northern, the Diner scene with Coop/Truman, not to mention the Black Lodge stuff... just essential TP moments all of them.

Agreed. Although I, like Jerry, love Ian Buchanan too.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Yeah, in general I'm fine with Annie, as I generally think that the point at which she is introduced is when Season 2 begins to really improve. Not that I think she's an amazing character per se nor does the show improve solely because of her, but at least it feels like it's getting some direction and focus back. Though having said that, I do think that exchange between her and Cooper before they make love in Episode 28 ("your forest is green and peaceful") is easily some of the worst dialogue in the entire series.

And while I think they made of a mess of the Dick Tremayne character, I actually prefer Ian Buchanan in "On the Air."
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

oh no, i didn't want to turn this into another Annie debate-that was just me being catty.

Arm, any good antedotes or one on one talks? How were James Marshall's spirits, with all he's gone through lately? Rainbow i know had a great time and should have some good things to share. Wish I could be there- next time without fail.

*and all the pro Annie posts -you know i'm secretly judging you. (I kid, I kid)
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?