NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by chromereflectsimage »

Kyle, Dana, Kimmy and Jim Belushi are going to be on GMA tomorrow morning.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

I've been intrigued with the mystery surrounding Amy's role ever since seeing her and Johanna Ray at Mark Frost's book signing. Much as with the details of his book, the Owls Are Not What They Seem.

I'm fascinated with Chrysta Bell's possibilities. I'd wager she racks up a larger episode count than Amy. And the fact that her beauty in facial features to Madchen's isn't dissimilar also makes me smile.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

God, has Beymer aged! If it weren't for his typical attire (is the cigar a hint that we're dealing with bad Ben again? If so, I couldn't be happier!) and his Great Northern surroundings (love it that the name "statuette" on his desk is back!), I wouldn't have recognized him. Jacoby, on the other hand, looks practically the same, except for more grey hair.

Oh yes, this is going to be bitter-sweet (emphasis on bitter), and then some! I'm afraid...
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Ashok wrote:Not sure if this has already been posted but Naomi Watts did an EW interview to promote "Gypsy" and it seems there's at least one more Twin Peaks photoshoot coming soon that we'll have to be on the lookout for.

"You’re also working on another TV project: Twin Peaks! What can you tease?
I’ve been sworn to secrecy! I can tell you that I just did a photo shoot with Kyle MacLachlan, so I’m definitely in Twin Peaks. I’m thrilled that I got another experience on set with David Lynch. It’s not like I’m holding secrets here; I don’t have a huge amount of information to tell you because, even on set, we were working with just pages, and sometimes on those pages, other people’s lines were blacked out. Like, if you entered a scene and people were talking before you, those lines were blacked out. I worked for about three weeks. Whether or not he put that all in one episode or spread it out over time, I have no idea!"
http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/03/gypsy-naomi ... s-netflix/
If Watts only worked for about 3 weeks, what was this big deal about having to fly her whole family out for the shoot. And this seems to contradict what certain posters who are no longer in this board have said about her role.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

weird sara paxton has not talked about twin peaks at all yet :shock: dont think she has a small part..
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

mtwentz wrote:
Ashok wrote:Not sure if this has already been posted but Naomi Watts did an EW interview to promote "Gypsy" and it seems there's at least one more Twin Peaks photoshoot coming soon that we'll have to be on the lookout for.

I’ve been sworn to secrecy! I can tell you that I just did a photo shoot with Kyle MacLachlan, so I’m definitely in Twin Peaks. I’m thrilled that I got another experience on set with David Lynch. It’s not like I’m holding secrets here; I don’t have a huge amount of information to tell you because, even on set, we were working with just pages, and sometimes on those pages, other people’s lines were blacked out. Like, if you entered a scene and people were talking before you, those lines were blacked out. I worked for about three weeks. Whether or not he put that all in one episode or spread it out over time, I have no idea!"
If Watts only worked for about 3 weeks, what was this big deal about having to fly her whole family out for the shoot. And this seems to contradict what certain posters who are no longer in this board have said about her role.
I think she did say that it cost her financially...so maybe if the three week shoot is true, that is why she said it cost her financially. Moving out there for that short a period of time when she could have been taking other better paying roles?
mfleite
Roadhouse Member

Post by mfleite »

mtwentz wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. He who shall not be mentioned said she had the second largest role in the new series.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Even if she only shot for three weeks, if it was a mere two scenes per day, that would amount to more than thirty scenes over an 18-episode run. Pretty beefy in the context of what other characters' scene counts are or were planned to be.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Twink Peaks wrote:weird sara paxton has not talked about twin peaks at all yet :shock: dont think she has a small part..
I do. Many of the newbies have small parts, I suspect. There's no reason to think otherwise about Sara Paxton yet.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

mtwentz wrote:If Watts only worked for about 3 weeks, what was this big deal about having to fly her whole family out for the shoot. And this seems to contradict what certain posters who are no longer in this board have said about her role.
You can shoot plenty in three weeks.

I still kind of hold a torch for Amy Shiels playing Preston. Alas, I am pretty sure it's not so.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
DirkG
RR Diner Member

Post by DirkG »

N. Needleman wrote:
mtwentz wrote:If Watts only worked for about 3 weeks, what was this big deal about having to fly her whole family out for the shoot. And this seems to contradict what certain posters who are no longer in this board have said about her role.
You can shoot plenty in three weeks.

I still kind of hold a torch for Amy Shiels playing Preston. Alas, I am pretty sure it's not so.
Well I can't say anything but that I agree. She seemed 100% like a typecast for the role, (even though I'm also of course aware that it's more or less confirmed that another certain newcomer is playing her)
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Yeah they did the entire on-location shooting for Jurassic Park in 3 weeks, for example. You can get a lot of shooting done in a focused 3 week period, especially with a detailed script.

I love INLAND EMPIRE, sometimes it's my favourite film by him. But I'm also really excited to see Lynch working with thoroughly scripted material again.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

It is a bit of a shock to see Ben looking so .. well, old. I mean, don't get me wrong, the guy looks great for 78. But with the grey and flattened hair style, and the thinner rimmed glasses, it is kind of hard to see him. With someone like Jacoby, he always looked a bit older, and the outfit/facial hair makes it hard to see the aging as much.

That is life though! Ben was always one of my favourite characters, so, very excited to see what he gets to do in the season (even if I think it's going to be pretty minimal, personally)
gary2381
Roadhouse Member

Post by gary2381 »

Interesting..........All of my Twin Peaks - Season 1 and Season 2 On Demand from Showtime has disappeared. (DirecTV)

Also, it looks like we get Part 3 and Part 4 on Sunday the 28th. I know they will be On Demand but didn't know that they will be shown together.
OneEyedJack
Roadhouse Member

Post by OneEyedJack »

gary2381 wrote:Interesting..........All of my Twin Peaks - Season 1 and Season 2 On Demand from Showtime has disappeared. (DirecTV)

Also, it looks like we get Part 3 and Part 4 on Sunday the 28th. I know they will be On Demand but didn't know that they will be shown together.
I had it to record the new series on my tv and it disappeared as well. I discovered that the name had changed to "Twin Peaks: The Return" instead of just "Twin Peaks" and it's fine now - everyone might want to double check their series recording settings twice now.