NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by qbin2001 »

Jonah wrote:I'm trying to decide whether it's worth taking a train 2.5 hours there and 2.5 hours back to see it on the big screen!
You're kidding, right?
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

qbin2001 wrote:
Jonah wrote:I'm trying to decide whether it's worth taking a train 2.5 hours there and 2.5 hours back to see it on the big screen!
You're kidding, right?
Nope. I did that when INLAND EMPIRE was first released here, except the train was probably a little bit longer than that! I don't think I will this time as, while it would be cool to see FWWM on the big screen, I've seen it many times before.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Jonah wrote:
qbin2001 wrote:
You're kidding, right?
Nope. I did that when INLAND EMPIRE was first released here, except the train was probably a little bit longer than that! I don't think I will this time as, while it would be cool to see FWWM on the big screen, I've seen it many times before.
I assumed he was more saying that it's only 2.5 hours, just go! But yeah, it's a dilemma.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Jacoby's hat adornment is actually an early version of the Ordnance Corps pins. Cooper wore one on his lapel in the dream.
Jacoby Ordnance Corps.jpg
Jacoby Ordnance Corps.jpg (264.32 KiB) Viewed 9534 times
The pic inside the pic has the comparison. It screamed at me when I first saw it because I just recently bought one for my son to put on his suit for middle school graduation pics.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
polishq
RR Diner Member

Post by polishq »

Mordeen wrote:Jacoby's hat adornment is actually an early version of the Ordnance Corps pins. Cooper wore one on his lapel in the dream.

The pic inside the pic has the comparison. It screamed at me when I first saw it because I just recently bought one for my son to put on his suit for middle school graduation pics.

-Mordeen
It seems to be a Scottish cap, though, with a pom-pom. The "flaming bomb" emblem has apparently been used by a number of countries including Canada and Australia.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Jacoby is famous for his garish, if not wacky attire, but the connection between his pin and Coop's has my head spinning. Looking forward to someone donning a Masonic Lodge pin and then my eyes will officially melt out of my head.

The nuke wallpaper is a real treat. The one that got signed at the wrap party is about to become priceless.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Not sure if this has already been posted but Naomi Watts did an EW interview to promote "Gypsy" and it seems there's at least one more Twin Peaks photoshoot coming soon that we'll have to be on the lookout for.

"You’re also working on another TV project: Twin Peaks! What can you tease?
I’ve been sworn to secrecy! I can tell you that I just did a photo shoot with Kyle MacLachlan, so I’m definitely in Twin Peaks. I’m thrilled that I got another experience on set with David Lynch. It’s not like I’m holding secrets here; I don’t have a huge amount of information to tell you because, even on set, we were working with just pages, and sometimes on those pages, other people’s lines were blacked out. Like, if you entered a scene and people were talking before you, those lines were blacked out. I worked for about three weeks. Whether or not he put that all in one episode or spread it out over time, I have no idea!"
http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/03/gypsy-naomi ... s-netflix/
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

Interesting that the article mentions she's the only new character to appear in all 18 episodes. Wonder if that came direct from Showtime or is speculation on the magazine's part.
polishq
RR Diner Member

Post by polishq »

Henrys Hair wrote:
Interesting that the article mentions she's the only new character to appear in all 18 episodes. Wonder if that came direct from Showtime or is speculation on the magazine's part.
Certainly lends credence to the rumor of who she's playing.
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

Henrys Hair wrote:
I wonder the same thing. Part of wonders if they are just looking at IMDB -- she is the only new cast member there listed for a bunch of the episodes.
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

polishq wrote:
Henrys Hair wrote:
Certainly lends credence to the rumor of who she's playing.
Good point. Wonder which of the new and returning cast feature throughout the series and which ones only feature in an episode or two?
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

chromereflectsimage wrote:
Henrys Hair wrote:
I wonder the same thing. Part of wonders if they are just looking at IMDB -- she is the only new cast member there listed for a bunch of the episodes.
Interestingly, imdb only lists Shiels as starring in 16 episodes...
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Shiels :) My favorite newbie! No idea why . I really hope I'm on the money with this one.

How would she know how many episodes she's in?
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."