Official Thread - TCA Announcement - Twin Peaks on Showtime May 21st

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mtwentz
Lodge Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by mtwentz »

Brad D wrote:
"Mark lives in Ohio" :lol:

Err, Ojai
He's from Minnesota, right?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

baxter wrote:I've been thinking the same thing actually. As much as we've been cursing the lengthy gestation, it really is not that long considering the scale of the undertaking. At the back of my mind is the fear that the result needs longer to cook, except I trust everyone involved too much to be seriously concerned.

I'm certainly not surprised at the quote that there is lots of work still to do.
Maybe they were editing here and there as they were shooting. For what it's worth, going off of memory, True Detective had around a 100 day shoot, followed by about 5 months of editing before airing. Twin Peaks is double (or more) the length of True Detective, but they had a shoot that was nearly twice as long as well as an editing period that has been more than twice as long. I'm sure it's not entirely finished yet, but all of this lines up and they have additional time to finish up the later episodes even as the show airs. This all seems okay to me, even as I have no idea how someone would even attempt such a massive undertaking!
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Is there anything similarly detailed from the panel with Nevins&co?
I'll see you in the trees
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Hey just occurred to me- with 4 hours being released at once, maybe the idea of having a 'Twin Peaks party" is out the window for a lot of us?

I can imagine watching two hours with a bunch of friends, but not four.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

I dunno.. I'm actually gonna watch it all alone, doors shut. I'm easily distracted and I don't wont to hear a single peep or poop during the viewing.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Soolsma wrote:I dunno.. I'm actually gonna watch it all alone, doors shut. I'm easily distracted and I don't wont to hear a single peep or poop during the viewing.
Same- second, and future viewings with others would be great. But that first viewing I want to experience alone with no distractions.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

mtwentz wrote:Hey just occurred to me- with 4 hours being released at once, maybe the idea of having a 'Twin Peaks party" is out the window for a lot of us?

I'm hoping to host one for whomever has the stamina. Hopefully make a day of it. Start with the extended cut of FWWM, move on to Episode 29, and then get down to business with a "shut the hell up embargo" in place. Being a DirecTV customer on the west coast, the first episode of Season 3 will air at 6pm. With potty breaks and other issues I figure it'll be done by midnight.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
LonelySoul
RR Diner Member

Post by LonelySoul »

mtwentz wrote:Hey just occurred to me- with 4 hours being released at once, maybe the idea of having a 'Twin Peaks party" is out the window for a lot of us?

I'm taking Monday off work. I think I can tolerate being around other people for that long, especially people who are as into the series as I am.
Come hang out at http://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks. I'm /u/iswitt, one of the moderators.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Jonathan P. Shaw (one of the editors of the show) pretty much confirmed in Brad's podcast that they have indeed finished editing. He said that ''it was a lot of work'' and that ''there's still work going on mixing and sound design''.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Panapaok wrote:Jonathan P. Shaw (one of the editors of the show) pretty much confirmed in Brad's podcast that they have indeed finished editing. He said that ''it was a lot of work'' and that ''there's still work going on mixing and sound design''.
Wow, that's incredible. This makes me think that Lynch/Frost had a very specific vision of the entire season, and were able to communicate what that was to their team. 18 hours of storyboards could fill a warehouse!
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Jesus, I just woke up and all I see is Evelyn Marsh in this thread. Am I in hell?
Here Comes That Bob
RR Diner Member

Post by Here Comes That Bob »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Jesus, I just woke up and all I see is Evelyn Marsh in this thread. Am I in hell?
Lots of posters who lost a bet.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Here Comes That Bob wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Jesus, I just woke up and all I see is Evelyn Marsh in this thread. Am I in hell?
A good-spirited wager and a bunch of stand-up folks paying their dues. There'll be another one soon. Everyone should get in on the action.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
PeaksCarnivaleLost
Roadhouse Member

Post by PeaksCarnivaleLost »

LonelySoul wrote:

I'm taking Monday off work. I think I can tolerate being around other people for that long, especially people who are as into the series as I am.

That's what i am doing, already applied for the vacation time. Will watch them all Sunday night then probably run through them once or twice more on Monday. Depends how they go down -- i'm not into the speculation posting but will be pretty active as an episode by episode review/commentator.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Here Comes That Bob wrote:
Hell of a way to lose a bet