Showtime Re-broadcast of Original Series

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mtwentz
Lodge Member

Re: Showtime to Re-broadcast Original Series Early Next Year

Post by mtwentz »

The Jumping Man wrote:> maybe the new series will be on Saturday too?

Because that worked out so well last time. (Seriously, nothing would surprise me more than this, even though the TV biz has changed dramatically in the last 25 years. Lynch and Frost are probably still traumatized over that move to Saturday in fall 1990.)
Yeah, hopefully not, though in this case, since the whole series has already been filmed, we don't have to worry about cancellation :-).
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Yeah, most of the stills are pretty random. In Ep. 2 they have a still of Coop and Annie in RR. In Ep. 17 they have a still from Laura's funeral. And spoilery stills from FWWM in the last episode. :roll:
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Post by laughingpinecone »

Panapaok wrote:Yeah, most of the stills are pretty random. In Ep. 2 they have a still of Coop and Annie in RR. In Ep. 17 they have a still from Laura's funeral. And spoilery stills from FWWM in the last episode. :roll:
Oh, okay, thanks! I only saw the stills from ep8, which were legit if bad quality, and then the spoiler fest for ep29. My bad, should've checked if the issue was more widespread.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

So, the marathon comes five days after the TCA's? So can we expect a release date announcement and teaser on the 9th? This teaser could premiere during the marathon.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Sounds great Jerry! :D
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

I'm starting to feel the excitement I felt way back during the original announcement.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

ForKeeps wrote:I'm starting to feel the excitement I felt way back during the original announcement.
I haven't been this excited since... well, you know the rest :)
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Jerry Horne wrote:So, the marathon comes five days after the TCA's? So can we expect a release date announcement and teaser on the 9th? This teaser could premiere during the marathon.
Makes sense they'd start stirring uo the hype then, they also have to promote the re-broadcast so a teaser/trailer for the new series would do just fine :)
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
ForKeeps
RR Diner Member

Post by ForKeeps »

Question now is do they pillarbox the episodes or crop them like FXX did with the old Simpsons? I fear they're going to do the latter, it looks hideous.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

ForKeeps wrote:Question now is do they pillarbox the episodes or crop them like FXX did with the old Simpsons? I fear they're going to do the latter, it looks hideous.
I've been wondering this as well. I doubt Lynch would let them crop it, but we shall see. I see old shows on TV cropped all the time these days. I'm guessing it will be the same as the Blu Ray master?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

It has to be original 4:3 aspect ratio. My question is: with or without Log Lady Intros?

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Tomorrow is the marathon of Twin Peaks Season one in Spain!!! I did not know until a little while ago

They issue tomorrow morning in Spain, in movistar series the first full season and the first two chapters of the second!!! :D :D
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I don't currently have Showtime on broadcast since my move, but I'm willing to shell out the dough for the app/streaming if they might do something during the marathon.

I'm not going to voice my hopes for when we might get a teaser or trailer with footage because I'll just jinx it.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
dronerstone
RR Diner Member

Post by dronerstone »

I'd totally pillarbox them old episodes, much better than a hideous cropocaust.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Ross wrote:
ForKeeps wrote:Question now is do they pillarbox the episodes or crop them like FXX did with the old Simpsons? I fear they're going to do the latter, it looks hideous.
I've been wondering this as well. I doubt Lynch would let them crop it, but we shall see. I see old shows on TV cropped all the time these days. I'm guessing it will be the same as the Blu Ray master?
How did they do it on the blu-ray? (never seen it)
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."