NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by N. Needleman »

A lot of the more jaded American critics seem gobsmacked and mostly pleased. That surprised me. I thought they'd double down.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

The majority of critics and fans seem to be on board, I think. On the other hand, the minority that didn't like it, has very strong feelings. Personally, after all 4 hours I feel very confident about the direction we're heading.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Panapaok wrote:The majority of critics and fans seem to be on board, I think. On the other hand, the minority that didn't like it, has very strong feelings. Personally, after all 4 hours I feel very confident about the direction we're heading.
I loved it, but I would be very surprised if it gets Game of Throne-like ratings. But if it gets great critical praise, it should turn out to be a winning gamble for Showtime.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

The ratings will probably get very bad very soon. I can't see how general audiences will stick around.
Mallard
RR Diner Member

Post by Mallard »

Panapaok wrote:The ratings will probably get very bad very soon. I can't see how general audiences will stick around.
I could be wrong, but I think you may be underestimating today's general audience a bit, especially in the coveted 18-35 demo.
Welcome...to the third...place.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mallard wrote:
Panapaok wrote:The ratings will probably get very bad very soon. I can't see how general audiences will stick around.
I could be wrong, but I think you may be underestimating today's general audience a bit, especially in the coveted 18-35 demo.
The good news is we don't have to worry too much about it either way. Everything has been filled.ed and edited.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Pyaan123

Post by Pyaan123 »

I just watched episode 1. I'm so happy, I can't explin it. It is Twin Peaks, it is finally something new from Lynch, it is awesome!

Love the almost avant-garde feel it has.
It sounds like this: tsk tsk ks
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Absolutely loved the first 4 eps. Without getting into spoilers, I'm rather baffled by some of the negative feedback I've seen. Incomprehensible? The first 4 episodes felt like a direct extension of 'Beyond Life and Death' and FWWM to me. I thought the plot --- despite the weirdness --- was fairly logical and played out like a direct continuation of where the show left off. I feel like some people are shocked this isn't Broadchurch 2.0 except with Kyle, lol. Which wouldn't even make any sense given the show's own backstory.
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Agreed. I have some minor issues but for the most part I really loved what I've seen. And I truly think it's only getting better from now on.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I adore the
Spoiler:
musical numbers at the end of each episode.

Also, I really need to figure out how to make my own proper avatars. I'd have one of Laura's face full of light right now.
ETA: Yikes! Sorry. Wasn't even thinking of that issue.
Last edited by N. Needleman on Mon May 22, 2017 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Another owl

Post by Another owl »

C`mon, guys, No spoiler here. I`m just want to read your feedbacks. :D
Judge Giant
Roadhouse Member

Post by Judge Giant »

Melong wrote:
Judge Giant wrote:Whilst it doesn't really matter too much, I have to say I am happy for Mark and David in that it seems to be going down rather well for both critics and fans. Not every single one, of course, but the majority.

They deserve it.
A Guardian headline called it tedious and testing if I recall correctly. I then had to come here and see.
Yeah, that's one of a handful of outright negative reviews. The vast majority have been either positive or extremely positive, which to be honest I didn't expect. A pleasant surprise, I guess.
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.

Visit my Lynch blog at https://lynchiantimes.wordpress.com, or follow on twitter https://twitter.com/LynchianTimes
Rain

Post by Rain »

Watched the first 2 episodes, so far I like it, very lynch style. It's more Mulholland Drive atmosphere than Twin Peaks for what I feel so far. More mysterious, darker, lonelier.
It's good to see the original casts back.
crazyscottishguy
RR Diner Member

Post by crazyscottishguy »

ratings really are redundant, at least for me. they ain't gonna cancel the show just out of the blue even if ratings take a tumble.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Ratings are irrelevant, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like it to do okay so it can do another season if Lynch and Frost decide they'd like one. Or two.