NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Hopper
Roadhouse Member

Re: NO SPOILERS: Twin Peaks Season 3 on Showtime May 21st 2017

Post by Hopper »

"Lynch is so committed to keeping the show's secrets that he won't say whether the upcoming third season paves the way for a fourth. ("I'm not allowed to speak about this," he says.) "

YIKES!

That's far different from the previous "right now, there are no plans for more".

I'm so f****** excited, guys.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Hopper wrote:
"Lynch is so committed to keeping the show's secrets that he won't say whether the upcoming third season paves the way for a fourth. ("I'm not allowed to speak about this," he says.) "

YIKES!

That's far different from the previous "right now, there are no plans for more".

HMMMMMM...
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

One of Lynch's key guiding principles is the spontaneity that results from creativity.

That means something more than Season 3 is always possible.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

I love this article. I know we all have our own way of doing things, but to me Lynch's way is the best, both because it's how he wants it, and because I happen to agree re: knowing nothing is better. This is going to return us to a time where secrets are kept and leaks are contained that is virtually pre-internet, and as a person who has avoided all spoilers, it feels so good!
krzhuva

Post by krzhuva »

https://daily.afisha.ru/cinema/5381-ob- ... vin-pikse/
A nice interview on the occasion of Lynch's retrospective in Russia. Regarding the buzz about him being done with movies:
"Oh no, I will never say that I'm done. It is true that I'm not thinking about a new feature film right now, but it is only because I have been busy with Twin Peaks for the last 5 years."
Also, he hasn't seen La La Land. He's too busy.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Jerry Horne wrote:
baxter wrote:Reading Mark Frost's twitter feed, there is loads of interesting stuff actually. The Prisoner is in his top 5 TV shows of all time. He lists himself as a "fast-lane evacuee"- is that his way of saying semi-retired?
He moved from Bel-Air and now lives in Ojai. I'm sure he has the luxury to pick and choose what he wants to do. Currently that means writing books and Twin Peaks.
Having been to Ojai several times (only once by choice), I can assure you that's a place people live to get away from other people. Personally, I find living in Ojai as a choice to be a form of masochism.

Also, we can only hope his tweet is TP related. He typically tweets energetically about other. . .stuff.

-Mordeen

P.S. The login requirement has been dropped? Curious.
Moving Through Time. . .
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Agent Earle wrote:
Hopper wrote:

YIKES!

HMMMMMM...
ONLY IF LYNCH/FROST COLLABORATE AND LYNCH DIRECTS.

And solely for the fact that I can't handle another 25 years of people taking a shit on Season 4 like they've done for Season 2. UGH.

YMMV. Peace out.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Mordeen wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:
Hopper wrote:

YIKES!

HMMMMMM...

And solely for the fact that I can't handle another 25 years of people taking a shit on Season 4 like they've done for Season 2. UGH.

YMMV. Peace out.

-Mordeen
Fair enough. I remain firmly in the I'm-also-good-with-Lynch-directing-"just"-crucial-episodes camp :) I understand those who won't accept nothing but all-Lynch, but like I've said, any TP is better than no TP in my book.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Agent Earle wrote:
Mordeen wrote:
Agent Earle wrote:
HMMMMMM...

YMMV. Peace out.

-Mordeen
Fair enough. I remain firmly in the I'm-also-good-with-Lynch-directing-"just"-crucial-episodes camp :) I understand those who won't accept nothing but all-Lynch, but like I've said, any TP is better than no TP in my book.
Honestly, right now, I'd be okay with anything happening next. Right now, I'm getting what I wanted, which is, in theory, the perfect work of art created under ideal circumstances, Lynch and Frost, total freedom, total control. 18 hours of this is all I can dream of. Afterwards, anything goes as far as I'm concerned, though maybe that's just my excitement talking. But for now, this standalone event is all that matters and I think will continue to matter no matter what happens next. Life is good.
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

:shock:

https://book24.ru/product/tvin-piks-ist ... t-1574435/

https://eksmo.ru/book/tvin-piks-istoriy ... ITD863772/
To the release of the loudest TV serial premiere of this year!
A unique project for one of the best TV series of all time - Twin Pix. Conversations of the creator of the series of Michael Frost with the main characters: the favorite all the agent Cooper, Josie, Leland Palmer, sheriff Truman and the rest. The publication contains shots that fans of the mystical series will see for the first time!
Who did kill Laura Palmer? Did the actors themselves know the answer to this question? What does the white horse mean? Who is the dwarf? And what, after all, is in the red room?
Answers from the first mouth, the story of the creation of the great series and the conversation of the actors about the brightest rise and loud fall.
annotation

Surrealism, mysticism, hidden symbols and hints, new television standards and sophisticated cinema. All this is one of the best serials of all time - Twin Peaks. The book you hold in your hands is the key to the room. Not red, but the one where all the characters of the series are sitting and talking about the most important thing. There are coffee and donuts. And now the history of Twin Peaks begins to form on your eyes. Narrative jokes, answers to interesting questions, stories about the creation of a mystical series from the first mouth. And, of course, shots that no one has seen yet! What's in the red room? Who is the dwarf? What does the white horse mean and the smell of burnt? And who, in the end, killed Laura Palmer? Twin Peaks reveals the secrets of the creation 25 years later.
Last edited by Twink Peaks on Mon May 15, 2017 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Dennis?
polishq
RR Diner Member

Post by polishq »

Twink Peaks wrote::shock:

https://book24.ru/product/tvin-piks-ist ... t-1574435/
To the release of the loudest TV serial premiere of this year!
A unique project for one of the best TV series of all time - Twin Pix. Conversations of the creator of the series of Michael Frost with the main characters: the favorite all the agent Cooper, Josie, Leland Palmer, sheriff Truman and the rest. The publication contains shots that fans of the mystical series will see for the first time!
Who did kill Laura Palmer? Did the actors themselves know the answer to this question? What does the white horse mean? Who is the dwarf? And what, after all, is in the red room?
Answers from the first mouth, the story of the creation of the great series and the conversation of the actors about the brightest rise and loud fall.
annotation

Surrealism, mysticism, hidden symbols and hints, new television standards and sophisticated cinema. All this is one of the best serials of all time - Twin Peaks. The book you hold in your hands is the key to the room. Not red, but the one where all the characters of the series are sitting and talking about the most important thing. There are coffee and donuts. And now the history of Twin Peaks begins to form on your eyes. Narrative jokes, answers to interesting questions, stories about the creation of a mystical series from the first mouth. And, of course, shots that no one has seen yet! What's in the red room? Who is the dwarf? What does the white horse mean and the smell of burnt? And who, in the end, killed Laura Palmer? Twin Peaks reveals the secrets of the creation 25 years later.
Doesn't sound like the Final Dossier ... another new book??
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

polishq wrote: Doesn't sound like the Final Dossier ... another new book??
guess so :D
Bookworm
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bookworm »

Shloogorgh wrote:Imagine living in a world where Lynch's walk out was the final nail in Twin Peaks' coffin. That period of time was so stressful, refreshing dugpa like a madman hoping for some update on the situation. I'm glad we've (almost) made it everyone.
I'm sure there is an alternate reality somewhere where it is the case. A world were the project never saw the light of day. And were fans cried forever and doomed Showtime for an eternity of suffering in hell. I can only pity the people living in that world and be happy to live in the reality were Twin Peaks Return did happen.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

New interview with Mark:

http://cultmontreal.com/2017/05/twin-peaks/

“Now more than ever, that blend seems to be tilting in a darker direction.”
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM