Warren Frost dies at 91. RIP.

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

laughingpinecone
Great Northern Member

Re: Warren Frost dies at 91. RIP.

Post by laughingpinecone »

His warmth won't be forgotten :( my thoughts go out to his friends and family.
] The gathered are known by their faces of stone.
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

My favourite doc Hayward scene is actually his deleted scene from the missing pieces. The one where Laura shows up at the Hayward house crying. And they share some comical and tender moments, until Laura's dad calls and kind of ruins the atmosphere.

Can't wait to see some more great scenes featuring Warren this may.
David Locke
RR Diner Member

Post by David Locke »

Platypus2000 wrote:My favourite doc Hayward scene is actually his deleted scene from the missing pieces. The one where Laura shows up at the Hayward house crying. And they share some comical and tender moments, until Laura's dad calls and kind of ruins the atmosphere.

Can't wait to see some more great scenes featuring Warren this may.
Was just about to say this. One of the two or three scenes from TMP I really wish were included in FWWM. Beautiful and moving. Frost added a great, benevolent presence to the show. (Which is why his attack/breakdown in Episode 29 is so startling!)
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

I will echo the sentiment that the Missing Pieces Hayward family scene is his best scene as Doc Hayward. I'm so glad that he got to work with the ole team again. RIP.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Yeah, the Doc Hayward deleted scene from FWWM is hands down one of the best Twin Peaks moments.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

He led a long life, and he'll be seen anew one last time by millions of people. He made his mark (that wasn't meant to be a pun, but I'll take it) and his acting work will be enjoyed by many people for a long time to come. That's a good run. While this is a personal tragedy for Mark Frost, Alzheimer's constitutes its own ongoing tragedy, particularly in its later stages, so he may find some comfort in knowing that his father has been released from the torments of that terrible disease.

May the rest of the Twin Peaks family be protected from tragedy for a long time to come.
Venus
RR Diner Member

Post by Venus »

"These grapes are right on the edge". This line from him in TP always makes me smile for some weird reason!

What sad news that such a stalwart and backbone of the series has passed. Not that he'll see this but my sincerest condolences to Mark Frost and the rest of his family for such a huge loss. There aren't really any words that can be said though to make losing someone close to you any better.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet...
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Rest in peace, well though of, Mr Frost.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Rest in Peace Warren Frost, a great presence in the World of Twin Peaks