Official Thread - TCA Announcement - Twin Peaks on Showtime May 21st

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mujubuju
Roadhouse Member

Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by mujubuju »

Mordeen wrote:
Here Comes That Bob wrote:
Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Jesus, I just woke up and all I see is Evelyn Marsh in this thread. Am I in hell?
Lots of posters who lost a bet.
A good-spirited wager and a bunch of stand-up folks paying their dues. There'll be another one soon. Everyone should get in on the action.

-Mordeen

What's the next one gonna be?
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

mujubuju wrote:
Mordeen wrote:
Here Comes That Bob wrote:
Lots of posters who lost a bet.
A good-spirited wager and a bunch of stand-up folks paying their dues. There'll be another one soon. Everyone should get in on the action.

-Mordeen

I'm thinking a yes/no bet on if there will be a new teaser during the Season 1 marathon on Saturday. Waiting for feedback.

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mordeen wrote:
mujubuju wrote:
Mordeen wrote: A good-spirited wager and a bunch of stand-up folks paying their dues. There'll be another one soon. Everyone should get in on the action.

-Mordeen

I'm thinking a yes/no bet on if there will be a new teaser during the Season 1 marathon on Saturday. Waiting for feedback.

-Mordeen
Yes!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
jakemartinez
Roadhouse Member

Post by jakemartinez »

mtwentz wrote:
Mordeen wrote:
mujubuju wrote:

-Mordeen
Yes!
Probably not... lol.
indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

Panapaok wrote:Jonathan P. Shaw (one of the editors of the show) pretty much confirmed in Brad's podcast that they have indeed finished editing. He said that ''it was a lot of work'' and that ''there's still work going on mixing and sound design''.
When was the podcast from? That means they're making music on a final/near final cut, that's pretty great usually there's a lot less to go on, hopefully badalamenti is still involved rather than it just being lynch but either way that's awesome. It's nearly actually done!
Harry S. Truman
RR Diner Member

Post by Harry S. Truman »

Mordeen wrote:
mujubuju wrote:
Mordeen wrote: A good-spirited wager and a bunch of stand-up folks paying their dues. There'll be another one soon. Everyone should get in on the action.

-Mordeen

-Mordeen
Not !!
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Ok I'm starting a teaser bet thread. Head over there with this conversation. Mods, feel free to move this conversation there as well to remove clutter. Thanks!

-Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Hurley

Post by Hurley »

Just rewatched Lost Highway. Man, I love that film. Two take-aways: First, Peter Deming's work on the film is PHE-nomenal. I can't wait to see what he does on the new Peaks. Second, of all Lynch's films I have the feeling LH will be closest in style to Peaks season 3.
mfleite
Roadhouse Member

Post by mfleite »

indyit wrote:
Panapaok wrote:Jonathan P. Shaw (one of the editors of the show) pretty much confirmed in Brad's podcast that they have indeed finished editing. He said that ''it was a lot of work'' and that ''there's still work going on mixing and sound design''.
When was the podcast from? That means they're making music on a final/near final cut, that's pretty great usually there's a lot less to go on, hopefully badalamenti is still involved rather than it just being lynch but either way that's awesome. It's nearly actually done!
The Brad Dukes Show podcast.
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: NON SPOILERS: Twin Peaks: Season 3 on Showtime Thread

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Hurley wrote:Just rewatched Lost Highway. Man, I love that film. Two take-aways: First, Peter Deming's work on the film is PHE-nomenal. I can't wait to see what he does on the new Peaks. Second, of all Lynch's films I have the feeling LH will be closest in style to Peaks season 3.
Yes please
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

indyit wrote:
Er ... we know Badalamenti is involved. They straight out state he's the composer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHRARCb4APA
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

indyit wrote:
podcast recorded last night.

also, can someone make me an evelyn avatar? i didn't lose a bet, but i'll sure as heck join in.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Hurley wrote:Just rewatched Lost Highway. Man, I love that film. Two take-aways: First, Peter Deming's work on the film is PHE-nomenal. I can't wait to see what he does on the new Peaks. Second, of all Lynch's films I have the feeling LH will be closest in style to Peaks season 3.
Weird - I watched LH for the first time in probably 8 years a week or two ago, and had the exact same thought.
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member

Post by Eater of Iguanas »

dunkrag wrote:Are we going to see a continuation of Invitation To Love?
I would say almost certainly not. I've read more than once that they stopped doing it in the second season because Lynch didn't care for it - it was too on-the-nose and bluntly parodic for his taste.
David Locke
RR Diner Member

Post by David Locke »

Seeing Lost Highway in a big dark cinema is one of the more memorable experiences one can have. Lynch and Deming's extensive use of pure pitch-black and shadow is audacious and incredible.

I'm not sure what the new season will resemble most -- sure, we could get a very LH feel, but we could also get something similar to the more surreal moments in The Missing Pieces, a kind of Twin Peaks layered with a new millenium/Inland Empire-era Lynch aesthetic.

More likely, it'll resemble the original series and FWWM and LH and MD and IE and maybe even the earlier films, too. But I think it will be quite possibly very different from all that Lynch has done before.