Angel painting in Fire Walk With Me

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

prophit

Re: Angel painting in Fire Walk With Me

Post by prophit »

frahm9,

I hadn't seen that Schutzengelbild DE.Wikipedia entry. I don't trust Google translate or my broken German to convey any nuances accurately.

I notice that Lindberg was a pseudonym for Grossmann
Google translate mumbled wrote:One of the best known examples of this kind is a also formerly widespread image of Zabateri (pseudonym of Hans Zatzka back), the redrawn by Lindberg (pseudonym of portraitist Grossmann)...
A Grossmann/Lindberg search returns not much - grossmann lindberg angel -"david grossmann" genre guardian child

- Trichome
frahm9
Roadhouse Member

Post by frahm9 »

Apparently this might be a type of print called "Wandbilddruck". It would explain why it has such low contrast and an overall brightness. https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wandbilddruck

Some nice info here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guardian-Angel- ... 526?_ul=BR
Many sources say that Lindberg was the name of the printing company who popularized the painting in approximately the 1930's, although still other sources say that Lindberg is a pseudonym of an actual artist, and was the originator.

Although much about the painting's origin is innuendo, some sources claim that Lindberg created a variation of the original painting (original painting being done perhaps by Zabateri), using brighter colors, detail changes, and simplier figures.
This was a vision, fresh and clear as a mountain stream. The mind revealing itself to itself.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

LostInTheMovies wrote: From the sound of this anecdote,'it seems that the conversation took place before the production began, am I right? After the shooting script was solidified but before shooting began? I'm always so fascinated by the mysterious timeline of FWWM's development and the changes that took place.
Correct. After shooting draft was completed and before production actually started.