Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray Official Discussion Thread - Spoilers

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks on Blu-Ray DVD Official Discussion Thread

Post by MysteryMan »

GeekBoyEric74 wrote:Last night was like a dream come true for me.There will be detailed description of each of the scenes coming from me via an article I'm writing for the Nerdist that I hope gets posted within the next 24 hours. But long story short, I wasn't disappointed :-)
Sounds great, I look forward to reading it. :)

Did it have its own opening sequence with credits like the movie or did it just jump straight into the first scene?
The next time you see me it won't be me...
GeekBoyEric74
RR Diner Member

Post by GeekBoyEric74 »

MysteryMan wrote:
GeekBoyEric74 wrote:Last night was like a dream come true for me.There will be detailed description of each of the scenes coming from me via an article I'm writing for the Nerdist that I hope gets posted within the next 24 hours. But long story short, I wasn't disappointed :-)
Sounds great, I look forward to reading it. :)

Did it have its own opening sequence with credits like the movie or did it just jump straight into the first scene?
it had opening credits, but nothing terribly elaborate
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

james wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Goosebumps are one thing, however, when we flash forward and see what happens to Cooper after he hits his head on his bathroom mirror, I could feel every nerve in my body standing on end. It's like the last 23 years I've been holding my breath for that scene.

Take time off of work now because we will all be glued to our TV's for days. Bake a pie, light 12 candles or whatever you have to do.

THIS is what we've been waiting for.

Oh, and the Jeffries in South America scene. Mind fucking blown.
I've heard the deleted scenes end abruptly after the teethbrushing scene, which surprised me. How is it filmed and does it look completely different to in the show? I thought Lynch might go for a shot of the woods or something like that. Do we get a shot of the Great Northern?
If I'm remembering rightly it goes right to Truman and Doc Hayward running towards the door. The scene of Cooper hurrying to lay on the ground right before Truman breaks it down is chilling. The bathroom looks just like it did on the show but we get more of a side view and of that cabinet with the drawers.
No establishing shot of the GN that I remember.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

Jerry Horne wrote:
james wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Goosebumps are one thing, however, when we flash forward and see what happens to Cooper after he hits his head on his bathroom mirror, I could feel every nerve in my body standing on end. It's like the last 23 years I've been holding my breath for that scene.

Take time off of work now because we will all be glued to our TV's for days. Bake a pie, light 12 candles or whatever you have to do.

THIS is what we've been waiting for.

Oh, and the Jeffries in South America scene. Mind fucking blown.
I've heard the deleted scenes end abruptly after the teethbrushing scene, which surprised me. How is it filmed and does it look completely different to in the show? I thought Lynch might go for a shot of the woods or something like that. Do we get a shot of the Great Northern?
If I'm remembering rightly it goes right to Truman and Doc Hayward running towards the door. The scene of Cooper hurrying to lay on the ground right before Truman breaks it down is chilling. The bathroom looks just like it did on the show but we get more of a side view and of that cabinet with the drawers.
No establishing shot of the GN that I remember.
Sounds amazing. Can't wait to see it all. Think this is going to be a very long two weeks...
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

MysteryMan wrote:So can anyone confirm whether all of the deleted scenes from the script are included (except for the Ben Horne scenes which I know weren't shot).
Dugpa confirmed recently that a few other scenes in the script were not shot either. For whatever reason.

They are:
Ed/Nadine & the Deer.
Pete/Ed at Big Ed's Gas Farm.
(And Bobby driving crazy right before this scene.)
Truman & Josie's picnic.

Which means.. (can anyone confirm?):
Josie only filmed the unscripted scene with Pete & Dell (??)
And Nadine only appears for mere seconds in the RR Diner scene (??)
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
The Dream Man
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Dream Man »

Ross wrote:
The Dream Man wrote:Ahhh. I'm just going to assume from now on that you know most everything TP related :D
HA!! No- I'm sure there are people that know much more than I do!! (And sorry if my reply came off that way!!! It wasn't intentional!)
No no no. I think it's awesome that you have such an incredible amount of knowledge regarding TP. I mean, I consider myself a huge fan and know way more stuff than some people...and then there is you and other people on this forum that are basically walking TP encyclopedias. It's awesome!

This release can't come soon enough!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ross wrote:
MysteryMan wrote:So can anyone confirm whether all of the deleted scenes from the script are included (except for the Ben Horne scenes which I know weren't shot).
Dugpa confirmed recently that a few other scenes in the script were not shot either. For whatever reason.

They are:
Ed/Nadine & the Deer.
Pete/Ed at Big Ed's Gas Farm.
(And Bobby driving crazy right before this scene.)
Truman & Josie's picnic.

Which means.. (can anyone confirm?):
Josie only filmed the unscripted scene with Pete & Dell (??)
And Nadine only appears for mere seconds in the RR Diner scene (??)
Confirmed x 2
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

Just stumbled upon this article with information about what appears to be most of the deleted scenes included...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jacelacob/twin- ... lk-with-me
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:I wonder why Kyle wasn't there.
Would've been cool to see Chris Isaak, Kiefer Sutherland and Moira Kelly as well.
Kiefer Sutherland had a prior engagement - he presented the Jimmy V Memorial Award last night at the ESPY's...
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

rocketsan22 wrote:
Would've been cool to see Chris Isaak, Kiefer Sutherland and Moira Kelly as well.
Kiefer Sutherland had a prior engagement - he presented the Jimmy V Memorial Award last night at the ESPY's...
Thanks rocketsan22. Do you know why Moira and Chris couldn't make it?

Was anyone able to find a picture of Victor Rivers in the premiere? I read he was there but can't find a picture of him.
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member

Post by rocketsan22 »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
rocketsan22 wrote:
Thanks rocketsan22. Do you know why Moira and Chris couldn't make it?

Was anyone able to find a picture of Victor Rivers in the premiere? I read he was there but can't find a picture of him.
Chris is just about to start a big tour this weekend so the band is in the midst of rehearsals...
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

rocketsan22 wrote: Chris is just about to start a big tour this weekend so the band is in the midst of rehearsals...
I see. Moira?
rewak
RR Diner Member

Post by rewak »

Some interviews on the "red" carpet - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... INkf-Q1yHK
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

I'm trying to read about the premiere night whilst slaloming around spoilers of the scenes themselves! Haha. :o

I'm not going to pretend i'm not insansely jealous of those who attended, the pictures are incredible and just from the celebrity attendees themselves i'm sure it was a spectacular event. Of course beng jealous and being happy for those who went aren't mutually exclusive! I'm so glad you guys enjoyed it. Being an international Twin Peaks fan can suck hard sometimes.

Did anybody scratch their heads at David Lynch's "introduction" as much as i did when i read the transcript? I mean, wood is great and everything, but you what mate? Haha. Gotta love him!

ROLL ON 29TH!!!

Oh, and off topic somewhat but obviously related, Brad's book "Reflections" is currently whetting my TP appetite until i get the blu-ray set. It really is a fantastic read. If you haven't bought it yet, do it!
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Slashfilm article where the writer describes his ten favorite deleted scenes from The Missing Pieces:

http://www.slashfilm.com/best-twin-peak ... ed-scenes/