Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

johndaker
Roadhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by johndaker »

For those who, like me, came to suspect (just a hunch, really) that Wisteria was entirely unrelated to TP, but also that there was a decent chance TP S4 (the Carrie and Richard Show) was supposed to be next up for DKL (if the stars align) after completing Wisteria—and who, also like me, would prefer TP S4 to a new non-TP-related DKL project (though of course I’d be ecstatic about the latter, just not quite as ecstatic as I’d be about the former)—this might not be all bad news even if it means Wisteria is dead as a doorknob, because that might actually increase the chances of TP S4 coming into existence. Yes, yes, bird hand bush, but I’m trying to silver line.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Mordeen »

Gosh, imagine my surprise. Out of sand. No stars.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Mordeen wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:07 pm Gosh, imagine my surprise. Out of sand. No stars.

- Mordeen
Did this break off with Netflix happen in July when you last posted this phrase?

That flurry of "pleasant feelings", and social media bait (which followed many here basically giving up on the Netflix thing especially with Mordeen's post) came in mid-July.

So perhaps it really was a decision by Lynch to break it off (and go somewhere else?).
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Someone tell me why I'm supposed to give credence to what this reddit person says again? A week ago an actual outlet reported that Lynch was opening a club in Ibiza, and somehow we're still gonna swallow whatever this random anonymous person tells us.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

BGate wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:49 am Someone tell me why I'm supposed to give credence to what this reddit person says again? A week ago an actual outlet reported that Lynch was opening a club in Ibiza, and somehow we're still gonna swallow whatever this random anonymous person tells us.
Random anonymous person broke the news of the production before anyone else did, including the working title and episode count.

Months before anyone else did, actually.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Which hasn't been confirmed by anyone official in any capacity.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Agent Earle wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:56 am Which hasn't been confirmed by anyone official in any capacity.
Some countries with nukes haven't declared them in any official capacity, either. You're conflating proof and evidence.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Histeria wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:38 am
Agent Earle wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:56 am Which hasn't been confirmed by anyone official in any capacity.
Some countries with nukes haven't declared them in any official capacity, either. You're conflating proof and evidence.
All I remember of this "proof" and "evidence" is a lot of hearsay - which sometimes changed almost by the minute - and backtracking.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

All this back and forth solves nothing.

Someday we will hear something about this. There was never anything in the works, or there was something in the works but it was derailed by....likely COVID.

I vote for the 2nd option, while acknowledging there is a nonzero chance it is the first option.

But debating it without confirmation (either way) will be a dog chasing its tail.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

the 13 episode count for unrecorded night is confirmed by the US Copyright listing, which I find really the only proof/evidence that this project was a thing, assuming that unrecorded night and wisteria are the same project. who knows. people pitch lots of things in showbiz and see what sticks. a lot of proposed projects don't work out.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I was just checking out Imdb and I see that A fall from grace, the movie that Jennifer Lynch was supposed to make in 2012 is in pre production now. It seems that Trent Reznor is the composer with Lynch also part of the cast. I also see that Baltazar Getty is now part of the cast. Maybe this is the project that Getty hinted in his podcast?
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Yeah, the thought has occurred to me in the past that Balthazar may have been embellishing in that 2020 podcast a bit and it was something David Lynch was executive producing or peripherally involved in. at least one actor made it sound like Lynch was directing 'The Happy Worker' in an interview somewhere about it.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

krishnanspace wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:58 am I was just checking out Imdb and I see that A fall from grace, the movie that Jennifer Lynch was supposed to make in 2012 is in pre production now. It seems that Trent Reznor is the composer with Lynch also part of the cast. I also see that Baltazar Getty is now part of the cast. Maybe this is the project that Getty hinted in his podcast?
Jennifer directing her dad? Something to look forward to!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

back in the day (2012-2013), Tim Roth was slated to be the detective lead, and David Lynch was going to be playing Roth's father. I guess it's possible they are taking another stab at it, now with Balthazar Getty in the Roth role, and maybe this is the project that Getty was talking about ...

https://www.indiewire.com/2013/03/david ... ce-249143/
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

That has been listed in pre-production for a very long time (like Ronnue Rocket). Two or three of the three production companies on IMDB are no longer trading.