Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Histeria »

DougieJones wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:34 pm At the very beginning of the podcast, the interviewer does a brief summary on what we know about Unrecorded Night and it was just about information we know publicly. But it felt as though he knew information that hasn’t been made public.
I had that feeling about his last few episodes and the run up to Graceland 2020. The fact he started the podcast with a roundup of rumours is interesting to me as I'd previously suspected he knew more and because, well, it's a roundup of internet rumours. He's a journalist.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Also they tweeted out this back when rumors were first staring to circulate.

https://twitter.com/tpseason3/status/11 ... 76864?s=21

“Can confirm that a #TwinPeaks production member whose name appears in the opening credits told me that they "don’t comment on rumour". And followed that statement with a WINK emoji.”
"Jade give two rides."
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Histeria wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:37 pm
DougieJones wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:34 pm At the very beginning of the podcast, the interviewer does a brief summary on what we know about Unrecorded Night and it was just about information we know publicly. But it felt as though he knew information that hasn’t been made public.
I had that feeling about his last few episodes and the run up to Graceland 2020. The fact he started the podcast with a roundup of rumours is interesting to me as I'd previously suspected he knew more and because, well, it's a roundup of internet rumours. He's a journalist.
I tweeted as much to Andy quite recently that I felt he knew something back at the end of his podcast. He had just done the Australian Q&A's with Sabrina and the cast when he ended his podcast and I recall him saying something cryptically about being back for the 'announcement' and I'm sure he said something along the lines of not being able to discuss some things he spoke to Sabrina about. From then I've always felt he knew something. He liked my recent tweet to him about that but didn't give me a reply.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Just saw a post on reddit with an Instagram screencap showing Sabrina Sutherland claiming she was with Lynch yesterday. They said it could be more MD work, but you never know.

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... oday_more/

I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Haha, I love the reference! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IugOfDBWcGc

I used to have this song on my phone as a ringtone.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Isn't Sabrina with Lynch every day anyway?
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Yeah I think she sees him everyday. She’s the full time manager of his affairs, organizes his fine art for sale and distribution I think , plus all the you tube stuff.
Last edited by JackwithOneEye on Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

During the pandemic, I think Sabrina was in charge of the uploading of his channel's videos but she was doing that remotely. Before they both got two jabs, I think Lynch and Sabrina were not seeing each other that regularly apart from maybe via Zoom.

Now I can imagine they are seeing each other more in person but still not on a daily basis. In terms of her packaging all of his art up for sending to exhibitions, I can imagine Lynch and some real hunks are in charge of that job!
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I didn't mean packaging literally into crates. I meant more taking photographs and putting them in portfolios and getting word out to galleries and interested parties what he's been doing and what exists, and so forth. You know what I mean. Licnesing agreements, contracts, you read all the same PR fluff articles I do.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Sorry Jackwith, only joking about Sabrina heaving big cases about.

I have heard that Lynch was in Whitefish, Montana last week.

He did mention the place in a previous interview from 2007 - as posted here on Dugpa -

http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=242

Lynch: No. My relatives in Montana were in Hungry Horse, Montana; my aunt and uncle lived there. My parents have a log cabin up near Kalispell, what's the name of the ski resort? Whitefish? My Dad was raised near Highwood, Montana, on a wheat ranch, and my grandfather was a state senator in Montana. They retired from the ranch and lived in Hamilton for a while. I've been to Montana a lot, but never really back to Missoula.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

The ski resort is called Big Mountain, which is indeed in Whitefish. Whitefish is about 10 miles north of Kalispell, and a log cabin in Kalispell is mentioned in Season One, specifically by Truman to Cooper, as owned by Philip Gerard. Hawk went there to check it out.

I also happen to live in a log house in Kalispell.

If Lynch was in Whitefish last week he likely would have been disappointed since the normal clean air and Rocky Mountain views have been sullied by a blanket of smoke from forest fires for about a month, unless he wasn't here for the sky but instead for scouting...

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Mordeen wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:51 pm The ski resort is called Big Mountain, which is indeed in Whitefish. Whitefish is about 10 miles north of Kalispell, and a log cabin in Kalispell is mentioned in Season One, specifically by Truman to Cooper, as owned by Philip Gerard. Hawk went there to check it out.

I also happen to live in a log house in Kalispell.

If Lynch was in Whitefish last week he likely would have been disappointed since the normal clean air and Rocky Mountain views have been sullied by a blanket of smoke from forest fires for about a month, unless he wasn't here for the sky but instead for scouting...

- Mordeen
Let’s Rock!
"Jade give two rides."
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:13 pm
Source?
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:42 pm
NormoftheAndes wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:13 pm
Source?
¡No hay fuente!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I'm sure many people here are checking Twiiter and reddit and stuff as well as this forum, but for those who mainly just come here for any news or little tidbits, I saw this on @fatecolossal's feed:

https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 69/photo/1

today in minor nuggets about David Lynch gleaned from Sabrina Sutherland's IG timeline: a fan comments on a new photo of David, "you know we're all really hoping this guy wants to make some more film-related art." She replies: "sure - he's enjoying painting right now tho."
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.