Season 4? Or is it over after this?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I just think Lynch mentioning trees (or coffee, for instance) is un-noteworthy because these are things he talks about all the time and which made their way into TP precisely because he’s passionate about them. Now if he specifically mentioned Douglas firs or sycamores, that would catch my ear a bit more.

The Sabrina posts absolutely feel intentional, but like Ickles, I’m not really sure what to make of them. It’s a bit of a hodge podge.
Histeria
RR Diner Member

Post by Histeria »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:50 am I just think Lynch mentioning trees (or coffee, for instance) is un-noteworthy because these are things he talks about all the time and which made their way into TP precisely because he’s passionate about them. Now if he specifically mentioned Douglas firs or sycamores, that would catch my ear a bit more.

The Sabrina posts absolutely feel intentional, but like Ickles, I’m not really sure what to make of them. It’s a bit of a hodge podge.
90% sure the accompanying photo was a pollarded sycamore. And if that doesn't - ehem - hammer it home, the story that they put out within an hour or so of the tree reference was a tall tree accompanied by Laura's theme as background music. And then after that one there was another with a felled tree and the crew looking over it on set; with the caption "TREE".

So the specificity you desired at the end of your reply has in fact been established already.

Again, if this word was the only one then it wouldn't mean anything. But there's context to these occasional whether report intermissions.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Oh, IDK about all that. I don’t really use social media, I just watch the daily videos on his YouTube channel, so I don’t see the stories etc. I thought you were just referring to the word in isolation. My mistake.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

the 13 individual scripts for Unrecorded may be a lesson learned from Return budgeting. It was really painful for all parties concerned to have that fight in public over how many episodes/ how much it would cost to break a single script up, and maybe this is the best way forward to approach it, to have a clearer idea how many installments and how much money required.

Or it could be self contained anthological. Hotel Room style. Who knows. He does use the term continuing story a lot, which infers an overall narrative, so I would think his heart is less invested in a Hotel Room project and more of a 13 part feature. Though even in Hotel Room, the bell hop guy was the same in the different eras, and had HBO allowed it to continue, maybe the episodes would have been revealed to have been connected.
Histeria
RR Diner Member

Post by Histeria »

I think it's more the latter but some of the former. Loosely serialized anthology of self-contained films. Hopefully that's not a oxymoron.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Happy Father's Day from America.
AndyNickyDick.png
AndyNickyDick.png (381.68 KiB) Viewed 664 times
- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

I get the feeling that something really is happening now, and both Sabrina and Lynch don’t know how to handle that they’re actually pulling it off in secret. It’s not as much fun getting away with something when nobody knows about it.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I've been watching this british anthology series from the 70's called Thriller on the shout factory site. There's a private detective who appears in two episodes.

It's been ages since I saw Kieslowski's Decalogue. That had an interesting anthology approach with a united theme. Can't remember if any of the characters ever overlapped or not in it.
Histeria
RR Diner Member

Post by Histeria »

There was a very peculiar returning character in Dekalog, yes.

"Appeared" in all but one or two entries, if I remember correctly.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

That is overlap in Dekalog, of the subtle kind. As Histeria points out, one character, a bystander really, appears in the background of most parts. Other characters are glimpsed here and there, establishing a sort of timeline. All very loose but it certainly connects the parts.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

I've been meaning to watch Dekalog and Von Trier's The Kingdom for years now. I know The Kingdom has a season 3 revival coming (sounds familiar...) so maybe I'll hold off until the build-up to that before watching.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I liked how the bell hop was curiously the same age in all three segments of Hotel Room, set decades apart. Always felt like that mighta been an influence on the Tim Roth character in Four Rooms, which was only made a year or two later.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Happy Father’s Day, Dougie Jones!
We live inside Dougie's dream....
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

fwwm_iyf_2021.jpg
fwwm_iyf_2021.jpg (37.68 KiB) Viewed 480 times
- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Histeria
RR Diner Member

Post by Histeria »

FWWM is your father?

So
Histeria wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:36 pm I'm starting to think it's gonna be 13 Fire Walk With Mes.

Not just A Twin Peaks Story.

Twin Peaks stories. Some long; some short.
This?