Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Stavrogyn »

Jonah wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:14 am
Stavrogyn wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:11 am By the way, I never would have dreamed that one day I would wake up in a world where the prospect of a mysterious Jim Belushi project gets me excited.
Hmm. Would you be more excited for Curly Sue 2 or more TP? :lol:
I haven't seen the first Curly Sue yet, but if I see it, who knows, my feelings might change! :)
Histeria wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:13 am OK so casting sweepstakes. Who's the left-field non-rumoured actor you guess is gonna be in this?
Justin Theroux; but I guess that's a given. Will have to think about this.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Could also be another K-9 relaunch. Nah, it's Twin Peaks.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Histeria wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:13 am OK so casting sweepstakes. Who's the left-field non-rumoured actor you guess is gonna be in this?

My stab in the dark: Gwendoline Christie.
Emma Stone.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

eyeboogers wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:42 am It is possible that many familiar characters are in the Odessa world, but in a different function in life than we're used to.
I could see this happening, certainly. If the main characters are now in Odessa-verse and have alternate identities, that would apply to the rest of them too. (Hmm, this reminds me of Dark, season 3.)
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

eyeboogers wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:42 am Image
Love that scene.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Jonah wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:53 am

My stab in the dark: Gwendoline Christie.
Emma Stone.
That would get my best friend to finally watch Twin Peaks... Also, she's great. Fingers crossed!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I'd like Carey Mulligan too.

I'd also love Kathy Bates. I was super excited for Jennifer Jason Leigh in The Return, but didn't like her role.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Stavrogyn wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:55 am I could see this happening, certainly. If the main characters are now in Odessa-verse and have alternate identities, that would apply to the rest of them too. (Hmm, this reminds me of Dark, season 3.)
Yes, but If "Dark" is ripping off unused ideas for the 1990's "Twin Peaks" season 3, "Twin Peaks" should get to reclaim that same idea from "Dark".
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

I’m thinking about the timeline of UN and how it was first copyrighted in 2020. That means Lynch must’ve started working on this project around the time of season 3’s airing or even before. In the time since Season 3 aired is it possible that he just never stopped working on TP and just kept writing. It’s hard for me to picture Lynch creating a whole new show with original characters just after doing TPTR.
"Jade give two rides."
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I always had a hunch was doing exactly that, but who knows
He has loads of old ideas, so could just as easily have relied on those.

The Return is a different series with TP characters in it, so it sets a precedent for doing it again
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Just saw this conversation on Twitter. Interesting stuff being said here.

“Unrecorded Night is definitely happening AFAIK“

“I hope so. I've heard contradictory things.”

“Was hearing that initially, like over the last year or so. Now it's definitely happening from what I've heard.”

https://twitter.com/om2kool/status/1404 ... 90240?s=21
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

baxter wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:24 am The Return is a different series with TP characters in it, so it sets a precedent for doing it again
Exactly.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Soolsma wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:49 am Belushi huh... let's keep an eye on Knepper and Shiels then.

The Mitchums: Electric Boogaloo
Having an amazing time ⁦@JimBelushi⁩ farm hanging out while he films for ⁦@Discovery⁩ doing research about #cannabinoids and #menopause https://t.co/hIZIBm23yb

Funny. He can't speak about it because of a contract. But someone else just says he's filming a Discovery doc and he retweets it.

He was learning lines a month or so back. Was that for the Discovery doc, too :mrgreen:

BTW, who else is attending this? I'm disproportionately excited:

Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

I had completely forgotten about this!

"Temporality, boredom, and anxiety in À la recherche du temps perdu and Twin Peaks season 3"; do they want me to faint right here, right now :shock: My two favorite works of art of all time!

Also, there is someone from Miroslav Krleža Institute of Lexicography here in Zagreb, what the hell?

Is it too late to join? And will it be in English? I speak French, but probably not well enough to fully comprehend a scholarly discussion about Proust, Lynch, etc. while on the seaside with a beer in my hand.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Not too late at all. Zoom meeting links and passcodes have been published and there will be live YouTube links, too.

There's eight French presentations and 16 English ones. The schedule on the left is the French rota. The rest is English.

That surprise party sounds intriguing, too.