Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

mtwentz wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:25 pm Planet Of Corn :-)
Good one!
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Oh shit. I like that one.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Jonah wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:02 pm
Mordeen wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:42 pm Wisteria is a constant.

Unrecorded Night has multiple representations in letters.

Not what it seems is correct.

POC is not an abbreviation or shorthand, all letters are words

Alas, 2022 was a typo. It was supposed to be 2021.

- Mordeen
Proof of Concept?
- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Mordeen wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:10 pm
Jonah wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:02 pm
Mordeen wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:42 pm Wisteria is a constant.

Unrecorded Night has multiple representations in letters.

Not what it seems is correct.

POC is not an abbreviation or shorthand, all letters are words

Alas, 2022 was a typo. It was supposed to be 2021.

- Mordeen
Proof of Concept?
- Mordeen
So that part is correct. Is any of the rest of my interpretation (not related to the acronym) also correct?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Well if the original hint was "ur_w_04_19_22_poc" and Mordeen later clarified they meant 2021 and 2022 was a typo then I would infer a proof of concept was perhaps shot in April of 2021. If Lynch/Sabrina is at a post-house/Fotokem now it would make sense if that poc is in post. Perhaps it's footage to be used for a teaser trailer/announcement? Just spitballin'.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

If the POC was shot on 4/19 then this is a cool coincidence

https://twitter.com/kyle_maclachlan/sta ... 85860?s=21

Also is it possible that the beard Lynch grew out really was for this project and now that he got scenes for it filmed he shaved
"Jade give two rides."
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

Ickles wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:29 pm Well if the original hint was "ur_w_04_19_22_poc" and Mordeen later clarified they meant 2021 and 2022 was a typo then I would infer a proof of concept was perhaps shot in April of 2021. If Lynch/Sabrina is at a post-house/Fotokem now it would make sense if that poc is in post. Perhaps it's footage to be used for a teaser trailer/announcement? Just spitballin'.
WOW, MORDEEN, WOW!
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

DougieJones wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:41 pm If the POC was shot on 4/19 then this is a cool coincidence

https://twitter.com/kyle_maclachlan/sta ... 85860?s=21

Also is it possible that the beard Lynch grew out really was for this project and now that he got scenes for it filmed he shaved
Canonically, 4/19 has always been Dale’s birthday, from MLMT, the old trading cards, etc. I wouldn’t read much into the dating of Kyle’s tweet beyond acknowledging the source material.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

mtwentz wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:25 pm Planet Of Corn :-)
I'd actually thought "pot o' corn" earlier on, but it wasn't funny enough to post. This is infinitely superior.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Ok, at risk of being pinned to red herrings of my unintentional creation and held accountable, let me be clear on two things:

1 - the POC images are mine. They're easily available screenshots from Google that I added text to, and in one case desaturated the image to give them similar theme. It was done by me, to send to someone as a question based upon a conversation I was involved in. They are not official in any way.

2 - I am in no way privy to any sort of filming which may be taking place. The date I released the picture here referencing 4_19 was not a coincidence, in so far as it was just a wink to Dale Cooper's special day, which has already been pointed out.

Some of you haven't been around here long enough to remember the old spoiler thread where I would take images and add details that were clues to things I had seen or heard. They were not always correct or entirely accurate because, as we all know, the Man Beneath the Hair works in a very fluid way and things change.

In this case, I was fishing for responses from sources, and shared them here for additional reasons.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Mordeen wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:43 pm Ok, at risk of being pinned to red herrings of my unintentional creation and held accountable, let me be clear on two things:

1 - the POC images are mine. They're easily available screenshots from Google that I added text to, and in one case desaturated the image to give them similar theme. It was done by me, to send to someone as a question based upon a conversation I was involved in. They are not official in any way.

2 - I am in no way privy to any sort of filming which may be taking place. The date I released the picture here referencing 4_19 was not a coincidence, in so far as it was just a wink to Dale Cooper's special day, which has already been pointed out.

Some of you haven't been around here long enough to remember the old spoiler thread where I would take images and add details that were clues to things I had seen or heard. They were not always correct or entirely accurate because, as we all know, the Man Beneath the Hair works in a very fluid way and things change.

In this case, I was fishing for responses from sources, and shared them here for additional reasons.

- Mordeen
I appreciate all of the clues and teasers that you have given us Mordeen they are a lot of fun to look into and decipher. I’m sorry if I went too far into your posts and went too deep down the rabbit hole! Thank you for being open with us about everything though Mordeen! Hopefully we hear some official news soon so that we can all take a breather
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

What were the images - the radio ones or did I miss some pages of this thread?

Oh and Mordeen, was anything else I interpreted about the working titles correct - can you answer that?
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

I think proof of concept refers to Mordeen's curated pics being the proof of concept on what they're cooking up. Not that Lynch is making a proof of concept.

Could be wrong.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

But what pictures are we talking about - the radio ones? Otherwise, I might have missed something here.

Edit - found them, they're about 40 pages back, posted in April - I had seen them but for some reason hadn't paid much attention to them at the time as clues. I remembered the radio one well, but not the others as much.
Last edited by Jonah on Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

They were stills of Twin Peaks episodes with new subtitles and in black/white.

One was P8 and something about the radio speaking into an unrecorded night.

Second was Windom stabbing Coop in black and white and a caption about dying in the lodge and becoming the dreamer.

So thematic proofs of concept. Imo.

So if Coop becomes the dreamer. Is Cole also in the Black Lodge?
Last edited by Histeria on Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.