The Secret History of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: SPOILERS: The Secret History of Twin Peaks

Post by N. Needleman »

Annie would also be my vote for a '91 murder.

That being said, I think it would be difficult to redeem any Dale who has 25 years of murder, rape and pillaging under his belt - regardless of whether or not it is a physical doppelganger or not, it's a hinky issue for the story. At the same time I think it's exactly what the Bad Dale would be doing if he is still out. OTOH, if he's in an asylum at the start (and I'm not at all convinced that old 4chan rumor has any validity) then the redemption arc is built-in.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Really hoping the book has some juicy stuff on Coop and Annie!!
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Really hoping the book has some juicy stuff on Coop and Annie!!
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Soolsma wrote:Really hoping the book has some juicy stuff on Coop and Annie!!
I'm guessing it doesn't since we've heard there is very minimal material post-series. But we shall see!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
map66

Post by map66 »

N. Needleman wrote:Annie would also be my vote for a '91 murder.

That being said, I think it would be difficult to redeem any Dale who has 25 years of murder, rape and pillaging under his belt - regardless of whether or not it is a physical doppelganger or not, it's a hinky issue for the story. At the same time I think it's exactly what the Bad Dale would be doing if he is still out. OTOH, if he's in an asylum at the start (and I'm not at all convinced that old 4chan rumor has any validity) then the redemption arc is built-in.
I think the 4 Chan rumor was officially killed when they released the blurb for the book a few months ago, and it mentioned that Cooper had vanished for 25 years. I'm sure someone can provide a link to the exact quote.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Ross wrote:
Soolsma wrote:Really hoping the book has some juicy stuff on Coop and Annie!!
I'm guessing it doesn't since we've heard there is very minimal material post-series. But we shall see!
I've got my hopes up, even the tiniest bit could be insanely juicy.
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member

Post by Eater of Iguanas »

Ross wrote:... we've heard there is very minimal material post-series. But we shall see!
But have we really heard that? My sense is that all we've got is rumors claiming that, and rumors claiming the opposite.

But as you say, we'll find out soon enough!
Eater of Iguanas
RR Diner Member

Post by Eater of Iguanas »

Those intrigued by the Lewis and Clark material may be interested to know that there's currently a comic book from Image Comics called Manifest Destiny that presents an alternate history, fantasy/horror version of their expedition where President Jackson secretly sent them to investigate weird creatures and supernatural powers in the uncharted frontier - kind of like a buckskin X-Files. I read the first issue and it was pretty good, and the series overall is generally very well-regarded. I believe they're in the middle of an arc right now about Sasquatch/Bigfoot.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Eater of Iguanas wrote:
Ross wrote:... we've heard there is very minimal material post-series. But we shall see!
But have we really heard that? My sense is that all we've got is rumors claiming that, and rumors claiming the opposite.

Officially, the synopsises have been contradictory on the subject. But yes, I believe that it's been confirmed by early readers that there is very little post-series material in the book.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Dalai Cooper
RR Diner Member

Post by Dalai Cooper »

Given the strange way time works in these other places, I wonder if one of the mysterious figures glimpsed by people in the distant past will be a lost man in a black suit...
Shloogorgh
RR Diner Member

Post by Shloogorgh »

I'm interested to go back and check out the Access Guide after Secret History is out. I believe it mentions Lewis and Clark, I wonder how many other details will cross over
FrightNight
RR Diner Member

Post by FrightNight »

Ross wrote:
Eater of Iguanas wrote:

Officially, the synopsises have been contradictory on the subject. But yes, I believe that it's been confirmed by early readers that there is very little post-series material in the book.
That (what I've underlined), if true, is to me the second-biggest disappointment since the whole revival thing was announced. It's surpassed only by the absence of Michael Ontkean.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

FrightNight wrote:
Ross wrote:
Eater of Iguanas wrote: But have we really heard that? My sense is that all we've got is rumors claiming that, and rumors claiming the opposite.

That (what I've underlined), if true, is to me the second-biggest disappointment since the whole revival thing was announced. It's surpassed only by the absence of Michael Ontkean.
Don't look a gift horse in the mouse :-). We should enjoy whatever it is we get :-).
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Anyone else remember this ? http://i.imgur.com/oKPro.png
DeerMeadowRadio
RR Diner Member

Post by DeerMeadowRadio »

Hey Shloogorgh... we have been prepping for exactly that on my podcast Deer Meadow Radio. If interested check out episodes 8 (The NOT SO Secret History of Twin Peaks) and 9 (Cavemen and Amera-Indians) which are focused on the Guide and also its relationship with the upcoming Secret History.

http://www.deermeadowradio.libsyn.com

Also stay tuned for the next 2 episodes -- we talk to Ken Scherer, former Lynch/Frost Productions COO, exclusively about the Guide, and then finish our coverage of the book itself in the next couple of weeks...just before you know what is published.

Shloogorgh wrote:I'm interested to go back and check out the Access Guide after Secret History is out. I believe it mentions Lewis and Clark, I wonder how many other details will cross over

Come Listen to Deer Meadow Radio - A Twin Peaks Podcast

http://www.deermeadowradio.libsyn.com/